The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How to disable removing from Dungeon?

Gnozo
Gnozo
✭✭✭✭✭
Yo,

For example it was Volenfell. Killed last boss, everyone was leaving the group and the counter startet for removing from the dungeon. The counter was WAY to short to finish quest cause all npc´s were walking and doing *** and i needed to wait until i can finish quest. I got portet out before handing in the Quest wich would give me a skillpoint. So now, i need to do this dungeon again to get the Skillpoint. Can we get an option to cancel the countdown? Cause this is really frustrating.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on February 22, 2022 1:33PM
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tell your party you're on the quest and have someone stay behind with you until its done.
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did, they didn´t care. This wouldn´t an issue if i would be able to cancel the countdown.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tell your party you're on the quest and have someone stay behind with you until its done.

Or don't expect people to care if you are using the group finder.
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This really doesn´t help at all. Eso community best community ever
  • feyii
    feyii
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is really annoying. I don't pug, but it still already happened to me that after defeating the boss I forgot that I still had to hand in the quest on the character and left the group, even though the others would have waited for me. Then it came back to me, but the quest giver was too far away to reach before being removed from the dungeon.

Alternatively to cancelling the removal, it would at least be good if people that have the quest for that dungeon active and are at the stage for completing it, won't be removed automatically, even if they are not grouped anymore. So they have enough time to complete it. Then the only way to not be able to complete the quest would be porting out of the dungeon willingly before turning the quest in.
    Edited by feyii on March 9, 2018 11:23AM
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think if you walk back in the dungeon the quest giver is at the entrance sometimes. You might be able to turn it in that way.
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It used to be much better...there was no auto-kick from dungeon after completion. The only way you left the dungeon is if you walked out, ported out, or logged out....you could stay there forever after killing the boss if you wanted...but no, ZOS took that decision away too for no reason.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    josiahva wrote: »
    It used to be much better...there was no auto-kick from dungeon after completion. The only way you left the dungeon is if you walked out, ported out, or logged out....you could stay there forever after killing the boss if you wanted...but no, ZOS took that decision away too for no reason.

They didn't do it for no reason, some players got disgruntled when they got kicked from a group and would harass the other people in the dungeon by either aggroing everything and bring back to the other players or running ahead and killing stuff by themselves. It would also prevent new party members from joining the group as some just refused to leave after being removed from the group.
  • Desmuu
    Desmuu
    ✭✭
    Gnozo wrote: »
    Yo,

For example it was Volenfell. Killed last boss, everyone was leaving the group and the counter startet for removing from the dungeon. The counter was WAY to short to finish quest cause all npc´s were walking and doing *** and i needed to wait until i can finish quest. I got portet out before handing in the Quest wich would give me a skillpoint. So now, i need to do this dungeon again to get the Skillpoint. Can we get an option to cancel the countdown? Cause this is really frustrating.

A thousand times yes. This is incredibly frustrating.
    Should've been Roscrea
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

We have gone ahead and closed this thread down since it is rather old. Please keep in mind that sometimes it is better to create a new topic, instead of replying in one that was posted a while ago.

Thanks for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.