The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crafting suggestion

Jamdarius
Jamdarius
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey there so I have been thinking that we need something new for the crafters because we kinda got the short end of the stick as more and more people got 9 traits we kinda lose our job in game or just don't have time to spam for few hours / day on wayrest city for example that we can craft anything so here is my idea on what to do to make it a little bit community friendly:

Create in game crafting board where people would create a player crafting writ, which than could be picked up by 1 (one) player and give him/her a quest that requires to craft specific item (much like master crafting writs), the rewards would be ofc gold that is offered by the player for the crafters work and a chance to get some ammount of vouchers for both crafter and player who posted the offer and experience.

Why do this and details
1. I believe it would make things interesting and give a chance for everyone to have either job as a crafter or a chance to get what u want without the skills to do so.
2. Would give additional quests to do (ye some of us did them all and need more of quests instead of grinding dungs/trials/pvp 24/7 as an end game)
3. It could be any crafted item - furnishings,potions,weapons, food etc.
4. Would not require to be in guild store so that even if we would lose a trader the business would thrive, honestly current guild trading is kinda lame as since TTC addon you just go for the cheapest stuff anyway and you know exactly where to get it, notice guild stores would still be necessary for selling dropped sets
5. After taking player writ you got 24 hours to complete it, if it is not completed the quest is cancelled and writ goes back to board, player that did not finished the writ on time cannot take new one for 12 hours - this would be done to prevent the loss of writ for the posting player fee and avoiding trolling players.
6. You could do player crafting writ no more than 5 or 10 or 15 (whichever would work best) times / day on 1 account - to prevent of players taking all the best writs on multiple chars and getting to many writs/gold through them

Well that is what I have thought about would make me more happy, I honestly think that the way guild store system works is pretty much outdated and annoying (wasting time on scrolling through either TTC or guild stores is annoying and some players waste their limited game time on it...).

What do you guys think? Would you like to add something? Do you think it would be interesting to add it to game?
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nope. this will just end up being the first master crafter who gets to it taking every single job. and defeats the purpose of the writ system. if you cant go and get the motif, you shouldnt get anything for it.
  • Jamdarius
    Jamdarius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slick_007 wrote: »
    nope. this will just end up being the first master crafter who gets to it taking every single job. and defeats the purpose of the writ system. if you cant go and get the motif, you shouldnt get anything for it.

Pls read 1 more time what I wrote without avoiding reading everything... Especially point 6 thank you...

• 117Dios
    117Dios
    ✭✭✭
    9/10 by me, there needs to be more thought put into the location of the writ and where you can drop it, but it's fluff, I'm all for it
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure this is even worth the development time to be honest. Crafting is a dead profession. Everyone and their grandma has a master crafter guildy and it is a common courtesy to only ask for mats. I'm pretty sure there is so many 9 trait crafters at this point that you'll never make profit through crafting.
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    I like the concept, but it's been suggested many times with slight variations since launch without any ZOS interest.
    The real problem is that crafting is too easy to max out, so everyone's a master crafter. There's no difficulty level to researching traits, other than patience. Given enough time, everyone can be a 9 trait crafter. It doesn't take any special skill. You just click on a piece of loot and wait to repeat. It does take a lot of time, but next to zero effort.
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Jamdarius

Your idea is interesting. I was thinking of a similar way to make use of the crafting abilities.

I would implement your idea in a different way: we mostly have trade, pvp, pve, or casual guilds. But guilds offer almost no support for crafting. So, how about each guild trader having a list of crafters from that guild, maybe with a public list of their crafting highlights. Like I need someone to craft me a dwemer bookcase, but I don't know anybody, so I go look in a crafting guild for someone. Crafting the item could be done through a quest/writ/container, somehow that mat's cannot be stolen or kept in a mail for days.This might be a good approach because there are so many motifs and furnishing blueprints that is almost impossible for one player to know all of them. Also this will solve the issue of crafting costly items that take for ever to sell...
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter