Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Housing and multiple characters on same account

MonkLoHan
MonkLoHan
✭✭✭
Im curious as to how this would work. I have 8 characters (at the moment) and am considering purchasing one of the new homes for sale. But, I have only one character (my main) who is main crafter of all my characters. If I purchase a home on that character, furnish it with that character who has all the skills required to craft furniture, would I be able to share this home with my other toons/characters? Or, will each of my characters have to level up their crafting to be able to furnish the home themselves?

Im just curious if there is some way I can give "visitation" or "ownership" rights to my other toons on the same account, or if they each must become leveled up in crafting to craft furnature/decor for the home on each of those character accounts.
  • riberion
    riberion
    ✭✭✭
    Your characters will all share the house, so if you put crafting stations in, they will be able to use them. The houses are owned account-wide. However, if you want your alternate characters to be able to make furnishings, they would need to level the appropriate skill and learn the plan. Furnishing plans are not account wide.

I also only have one character that has the ability to craft furnishings, so I just make everything with that character. Your other characters can still place, pick up, and move items. If I want to use a certain character, I just make the items I need and put them in the bank for the other character to place. The house will stay decorated the same regardless of which character you are currently playing (each character won't have to re decorate the house). Meaning, if I log into my main, place a furnishing, but later move the furnishing with one of my alts, it will remain in the last place it was put regardless of which character placed it.

I hope I covered what you were looking for, my post feels a bit ramble-y to me. :)
    PC NA
  • MonkLoHan
    MonkLoHan
    ✭✭✭

Awesome. Just wanted I wanted to know.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'll probably want to designate one character as the furnishing crafter, and pass all plans to them. Otherwise you'll never be able to remember who can make what item. There's a humungous number of different items that can be made.