The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Drop rates WGT?

17Bishop
17Bishop
I'm being haunted by WGT. I've done it a number of times and dropped 250k+ on key frags. I've even resorted to just doing normal mode all in the hopes of getting my last SPC ring and being able to run another 5 piece. I'm stuck with a non-SPC ring now and it's bringing my efficiency down a lot. So for any of you that know or have access to drop percentages and whatnot, link some info I can look at for drop chances.

-Xbox NA

Best Answers

• Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drop chances from WGT isn't any different than any other dungeons. However, jewelry only drops form the end boss, so you only get the possibility for 1 per run, and it can be a weapon or shield instead, or an amulet, or from a different set.

Remember you can trade with team mates, so if any of the other 3 get a ring you can get it from them.

However, the fastest way to get a ring is to use your key fragments for an RNG chance in the chest room. You can buy key fragments from other people at guild traders, or simply grind them yourself in the IC zone.

So instead of doing WGT over and over, buy some keys, or grind them in IC, then go open a bunch of chests and hope for good RNG.

Edited by Carbonised on March 8, 2018 10:27AM
    Answer ✓
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    So instead of doing WGT over and over, buy some keys

That dude just said he spent 250k gold on these keys...

Answer ✓
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    Carbonised wrote: »
    So instead of doing WGT over and over, buy some keys

That dude just said he spent 250k gold on these keys...

Regardless, it's still the best way to get the ring. Unless he wants to keep doing normal WGT for a chance at the end boss to get a blue ring.
    Answer ✓
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had the same problem with Bone Pirate rings; ran the dungeon countless times, never saw them drop, to the point I started wondering if they existed :sweat_smile: I eventually got them, but RNG for some items is just horrible like that. A few things I'd recommend are running the dungeon on a different toon(s), running on pledge days so you find groups easily, looking everywhere for chests inside the dungeon, and having them opened by a member who hopefully has the treasure hunter passive, and using your key fragments when you've gathered them (again with different toons). I know it's not much, but keep trying, and it will happen one day :smile:
    Answer ✓