Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Magicka Nightblade Challenge - No Merciless

Feannag
Feannag
✭✭
Here is the situation I find myself...my son (10) has started playing ESO with me and loves the idea of the magicka nightblade, but he is really struggling with the mechanics of weave cast merciless resolve (he is lucky if he gets one off sometimes). Are there any builds/rotations that can work for dungeon (vet dungeon tops) that don't use Merciless? Maybe something like Entropy in its place? Or some other combination of skills...he is ok with bar swapping, but just can't seem to get the other pieces in place. And before anyone asks...I have recommended something like a pet sorc that has fewer moving pieces, but he is not interested at this point.

Thanks in advance!

Feannag
Feannag
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make him practise every day untill he learn :p
    Just having merciless activated give 8% more dmg which is good enough to have even if not using the proc imo.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Given that the proc does around 10-15% of the Nightblade damage its easy enough to be doing Vet dungeon level dps without it.

Is he not getting bow procs because hes not weaving right? or because he just doesnt get around to hitting the proc?
  • Feannag
    Feannag
    ✭✭
    It’s a little bit of both...he can keep the buff up, struggles with the weaving. He also doesn’t tend to notice when the proc is up (even with addon lol).
    Feannag
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you considered a heavy attack rotation? That will allow you to ensure the bow is up at specific times so he doesn’t have to light attack weave OR notice the bow is up.

If you allow 5 heavy attacks each rotation then you’ll end up with a bow proc at the end and you’ll have no sustain issues so you can run all damage.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on March 8, 2018 4:30AM
  • Feannag
    Feannag
    ✭✭
    On the heavy attack rotation...how does that synch with the other AOE and DOTS...not really clear what that rotation looks like...but I do like the sound of it. He doesn't need to hit 40k :smile:

Thanks
    Feannag
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’m no PVE expert, but maybe something like

Merciless, heavy attack, blockade, heavy attack, cripple, heavy attack, path, heavy attack, reach, heavy attack, bow proc?
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    He can just use it as dmg buff, it still good for the 8% extra dmg.

Magicka NB is the most difficult magicka class to play so I would keep Merciless on the bar to slowly get used to procs. Even if he gets off only one shot its worth slotting imo. Luckily kids his age learn incredibly fast so I bet he gets used to it before you know it.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer