The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

what happens to inventory of storage chest exceeding collectible limit when membership expires?

dangutang
dangutang
✭✭
So, if I buy a small house, that can hold 4 chests with ESO plus, and 2 without...and I put all 4 big chests in there...and I let my membership expire...am I still able to utilize the storage space in all 4 of those chests (i.e. add and remove items from each of them)? Has anyone tried this? Any issues of item deletion?

My assumption is that, based on ZOS's description of what happens when your membership lapses, that I would still be able to use the chests, but I would not be able to add any other furniture. However, I'd like to be reasonably sure before buying a house for this specific purpose. The difference in price between a house with a 2 collectible limit and 4 collectible limit is pretty huge. And if I do need to invest in a large home, I don't want to waste anything on a small one.
  • Knowledge
    Knowledge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd wager if you placed them they remain and if you remove them you can't put them back down. That seems like the most "sane" way to go about it. However, I don't know for sure.
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are collectible furniture. They should react like the rest. So move it around if you want to, just don't pick it up.

As an on again off again plus member, I set up a house for pure utility. It has all 8 chests and I'm sure it will stay that way when the membership runs out. I recommend the snug pod for this if you don't have that house as something you love. It's limited to 5 collectibles, but can do 10 during your plus time. It's super cheap and in a perfect location.
  • dangutang
    dangutang
    ✭✭
    I've been using fauntner's housing list as a resource (seems accurate with regards to the inn room I currently use), and I thought snugpod could only do 2 collectibles, 4 with eso. That is the tier of houses I was looking at though...maybe I'm misunderstanding something? Am I conflating trophies and collectibles or something?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YBf5fghDWFiZbLgVpmLemhcieKP-cojDojItGNpWgEU/edit
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    maybe the same as the crafting bag?

you can take stuff out but not put in, just a thought.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been using fauntner's housing list as a resource (seems accurate with regards to the inn room I currently use), and I thought snugpod could only do 2 collectibles, 4 with eso. That is the tier of houses I was looking at though...maybe I'm misunderstanding something? Am I conflating trophies and collectibles or something?

Trophies and Collectibles are two different things. Collectibles, IIRC, is what governs the number of Containers

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Housing

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume so however beware: if you're not subbed and move the chest only to accidentally put it away, it will have all yours gears and you won't be able to place it again... Unless you do it at a different house or remove the collectibles at your current house to allow space for it.
    Xbox one EU
    8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
    Doesn't stand in red
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah you can leave them in till you take them out, but once you do can't place back in cause it'll be red
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

Trophies and Collectibles are two different things. Collectibles, IIRC, is what governs the number of Containers

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Housing

Not necessarily disagreeing with your post, but I notice a lot of confusion around which tab they take up and the fact they use a couple of the same words for different sections doesn't help. Trophies may be different than collectibles, but they go in collectibles and use the same section as storage. Just want everyone to not be confused and think trophies and storage are two different sections and won't have to share limit.

B6tDkxZ.png
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Woefulmonkey
    Woefulmonkey
    ✭✭✭
    As I understand it, when you subscription expires your furniture will stay right were it is... you just can't place more furniture and if you remove an item you won't be able to put it back unless you get 'below' the 'non subscription' cap.

Craft bags work the same way, if you cancel your subscription, you still have your craft bag and everything in it, but you can't add items to the bag anymore.
  • dangutang
    dangutang
    ✭✭
    Thanks for all the input!
    As I understand it, when you subscription expires your furniture will stay right were it is... you just can't place more furniture and if you remove an item you won't be able to put it back unless you get 'below' the 'non subscription' cap.

Craft bags work the same way, if you cancel your subscription, you still have your craft bag and everything in it, but you can't add items to the bag anymore.

I was assuming as much, I'm just unsure as to whether it will behave as either or both...as in, I can't place any more furniture until I get below the cap, but I can still use the storage space - OR - I can't place any more furniture and also can't utilize some of the storage (i.e. can take stuff out but not add it in, like with the craft bag).

Xaraan, thanks a ton for the disambiguation. They seriously need to revamp the terminology or include a description somewhere, this is just silly (unless they did and I just haven't found it).

So then, mapping this to the housing price doc, storage chests occupy a "trophies" slot, meaning a small home can fit 5 chests without ESO plus. So if I'm just shooting for the 4 big chests, I'll be below item cap and won't need to worry about any possible weird storage chest behavior. Cool :)

Colecovision, thanks for the snug pod suggestion. Pure utility is what I'm going for as well. I'm leaning towards the small home in the rift, though (autumn's gate? something like that). I'd go with humblemud if the yard were in front. I want cheap utility...but also a yard for my monkey, if I can get it.