The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Research times for traits?

Thats_So_Wizard
Just a quick question but how long do all the traits take?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    6 Hours for the first one, 12 hours for the second, 24 hours for the third etc. The time doubles for each new trait. And, this is for each item. There are passives that allow more than one item to be researched, and that cut down the time needed. The 4th passive even caps the max time for the last two to less than 30 days (how much less depends on ESO Plus)

Scroll to bottom to see time details for all scenarios

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Traits

Here is a way to make trait research more efficient, as you don't need to learn traits on items you won't make or use

Back to the Crafted Sets, it takes 6 traits known to be able to make Hundings or Julianos, 9 Traits for Twice Born Star. You don't need to know these traits on everything, but you do need to know them on the items you will use. So, start learning those traits. Focus on the gear you will use first, then fill in the rest later. This means:

Casters
    Heavy Chest/Legs
    Light Feet/Hands/Waist
    Shoulders and Heads are good to, but there are 2 Piece Monster sets that can take up those slots. So learn the traits on these pieces, but prioritize the ones above.
    Staves (all 4 of them)

Stamina
    All Medium Armors
    Daggers, Swords, Bow and Shield

Learn Training, Divines and Infused on the Armors first, Infused, Sharpened, Precise and Training on the Weapons. Powered is good for the Healing Staff, Defending is good for Sword or other one handed Melee. Then fill in the rest until you have 6 or eventually 9 traits. Some people recommend Nirn as an early trait to learn. Unless they change it, don't listen to them. You might use it on a Shield or a Weapon but that is about it. You need it someday, but it's expensive and you need your gold for other things.

Invest the skill points into the Research Passives. I can't stress enough how much of a time sink Trait Research is. Be able to learn more than one at a time, and reduce the time needed. Get an addon for Trait Research Tracking, I recommend Craft Store. If your on the Consoles, find one of the spreadsheets out there or make one to track this. Have I mentioned you need to learn your traits?

Edited by Nestor on March 7, 2018 4:28PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roughly a year:
    with max passives (3 items and 9th trait capped at 30 days)
    5 times ( 4 + 8 + 16 + 32 +64 + 128 + 256 + 512 + 720 hours) = 8700 hours ~362,5 days
  • lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eso_nya wrote: »
    Roughly a year:
    with max passives (3 items and 9th trait capped at 30 days)
    5 times ( 4 + 8 + 16 + 32 +64 + 128 + 256 + 512 + 720 hours) = 8700 hours ~362,5 days

Yup, took me one year complete all of them. Had eso+ all the time
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP