The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Towns are unbalanced

Mickydanz
Mickydanz
✭✭✭
In Cyrodiil the towns are nothing more than long range forward camps. As an AD main I have noticed the towns are fairly disadvantaging my faction. Both Vlast and Crops are in ad territory and both give accept to 5 keeps/outposts whereas Bruma is in EP + DC area but only gives close access to 4 keeps/outpost. Since these towns have been introduced I have noticed AD losing map control a lot more often. The towns are just a convenient method to reach AD's back-lines

That being said I like the small scale fights you get in these towns most the time which is nice however the towns bring a lot of farmers* (looking for good fights Xv1ers).

I am curious if anyone else has noticed that ad started losing a lot more campaign when these towns where put in place. Just an observation.

Do you think towns should be reworked somehow?
Cropsford Mayor
  • GeneralSezme
    GeneralSezme
    ✭✭✭✭
    if anything they are advantaged for AD because the towns are closer runs from AD and Vlasturus is the furthest from the corner keep in comparison to the rest
    Invictus
    Cheese Engine
    HIGH LATËNCY

My bombing videos

Notable toons:
    Pact Corsair- Breton Magblade Former Emperor BWB Prolly Stole your scroll and bombed you
    Lack of Aoe caps: Prolly bombed u
    Neraz Gulio- Stamplar- Former Empress BWB
    Paints-Her-Face - prolly painted your face
    Zealot of the Great Sun- Blazeplar, frmr Emp Vivec

• Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cropsford.

Is.

Not.

In.

AD.

Territory.

If you are north of the Niben River, you are in Ebonheart Pact territory. Cropsford is north of the River and far, far closer to Drakelowe than to any AD keep.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cropsford.

Is.

Not.

In.

AD.

Territory.

If you are north of the Niben River, you are in Ebonheart Pact territory. Cropsford is north of the River and far, far closer to Drakelowe than to any AD keep.

You tell 'em tiger!
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cropsford.

Is.

Not.

In.

AD.

Territory.

So ad had a forward camp outside of drakelowe which is a short ride to see.. got it.
    Edited by caeliusstarbreaker on March 6, 2018 10:41PM
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • Jadokis
    Jadokis
    ✭✭✭
    KdlD8kK.jpg?1

:thinking:

Vlast and Crops aren't towns like Bruma, where it's convenient to go to, not a long ride, and near other objectives. You can't port to brindle, take vlast, and then go to the faction zerg fights at nikel like you can up north. It's extremely inconvenient. Also, AD shouldn't be expected to hold Drake as a way to not get screwed over from Cropsford being closer to AD back keeps than EP back keeps. It's also inconveniently out of the way from where fights take place.

Facts are facts, and the map is designed unfairly. However, the map isn't designed with fairness in mind in general, so I don't think we should expect anything different. As that is the case there's really no point in complaining.

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want Vlastarus to be,moved between Nikel and Brindle while Cropsford gets moved up between Sejanus and Dragonclaw. That way they match Bruma, which gets tons of fights because its directly betwee Bleakers and Dragonclaw.
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They had to try to nerf AD somehow. For the queen!
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's plain to see that towns broke the rotational/radial symmetry of the Cyrodiil map.

I doubt ZOS will move the towns, but they could add three of a new type of objective that functions similar to a town and place them in locations that would somewhat restore balance to the map.
    Edited by zyk on March 7, 2018 7:49AM
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you are implying that playing AD is more challenging because of the map ?

That's a first.
  • Zbigb4life
    Zbigb4life
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cropsford.

Is.

Not.

In.

AD.

Territory.

To be honest the entire map is Ebonheart Pact territory :p
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    All know the AD, Altmer master race aside, is a bunch of hillbilly mongrel elves and caravan trash mangy cats. Why would they need towns, like the civilized races of Tamriel? :)
    Edited by Asardes on March 7, 2018 10:07AM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also envy DC and EP for the beauty of their countryside. The north with all the snow is just nice to look at.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • DemonDruaga
    DemonDruaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil has so many more beautyful points of interessest, I'd like to see ZOS turning them into capturable places too.
    Even the towers out in the field could give some sort of boon.
    Ardor // Dunkelsicht // Pakt
  • Greasytengu
    Greasytengu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jadokis wrote: »
    KdlD8kK.jpg?1

:thinking:

Vlast and Crops aren't towns like Bruma, where it's convenient to go to, not a long ride, and near other objectives. You can't port to brindle, take vlast, and then go to the faction zerg fights at nikel like you can up north. It's extremely inconvenient. Also, AD shouldn't be expected to hold Drake as a way to not get screwed over from Cropsford being closer to AD back keeps than EP back keeps. It's also inconveniently out of the way from where fights take place.

Facts are facts, and the map is designed unfairly. However, the map isn't designed with fairness in mind in general, so I don't think we should expect anything different. As that is the case there's really no point in complaining.

I agree that the map is really unbalanced at the moment.

If anyone else is having trouble seeing what the problem is: draw a line from Brindle to Drakelowe, and that is AD's corner,. Just like how from Brindle to Dragonclaw is DC's corner and Dragonclaw to Drakelowe is EP's corner. There are 2 towns in AD's corner, and 0 in EP and DC's corner (though Bruma is slightly closer to DC's corner)

I don't want to see the towns removed completely. The towns make great backup spawn points for the far keeps, I just think that Bruma and Cropsford shouldn't be the towns for DC and EP. Im thinking Harlun's Watch or Crooked Finger Redoubt (the little goblin fort) would be a better fit for EP , and somewhere between Ice-heart Home and Cloud-ruler Temple would be in a better position for DC. if you make triangles from Brindle-Roebeck-Altadoon Gate, Dragonclaw-Aleswell-Ni-mohk Gate, and Drakelowe-Blue Road-Southern Morrowind Gate, the towns should be roughly in the same place for each faction. DC and EP can use their towns as a potential backup spawn point for more than one keep, and AD wont have to obsess over keeping Drakelowe and Cropsford so much. Everybody wins a little!
    " I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if anything they are advantaged for AD because the towns are closer runs from AD and Vlasturus is the furthest from the corner keep in comparison to the rest

No one uses towns for the border keeps. They use them to pressure back keeps and to keep harassing back keep resources.

At least, that's how the AD ones are used, since they are so much closer to AD's back keeps than Bruma is to DC's or EP's.
    Edited by danno8 on March 17, 2018 2:36AM
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The AD whine is usually that it's not fair having two towns right in their territory (or for those that will nitpick imaginary territorial lines... two towns that can be used as forward camps to attack AD home keeps).

Thing is, when populations are balanced or in AD favors, both those towns are nearly always controlled by AD as they have less distance to cover to get to them.

It's not, in my opinion, much a disadvantage. Half of AD (or more) think Drakelowe is a home keep (and judging by the amount of times I've seen scrolls run to it to place, it might be more than that).
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AD complains because it’s easier for EP or DC to use Cropsford in order to get to Faregyl or Bloodmayne than it is for AD to use Cropsford to get to Arrius or Farragut, despite it being on EP owned territory.

The same goes for Vlastrus (which is as it should be since it’s an AD town.)

Though, I think the only AD who complain about this are the ones who have never experienced the joys of Bruma.
    Edited by Anrose on March 18, 2018 4:54PM
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mickydanz wrote: »
    Do you think towns should be reworked somehow?

Yes, they should be moved and have limited respawn radius like tents. And while at it, ZOS should add that radius to everything else and get rid of blood porting already.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This was one of the most fights I've had

https://youtu.be/m2M03PWhbSw?t=1817
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Mickydanz
    Mickydanz
    ✭✭✭
    Like I said I enjoy the small fights at the towns, I have been finding myself at crops 90% of the time making frienermies. It's more the placement of the towns crops should be more north and bruma more west or 2 more towns should be added and make it a pentagon system with some kind of buff/reward.
    Cropsford Mayor
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like I said I enjoy the small fights at the towns, I have been finding myself at crops 90% of the time making frienermies. It's more the placement of the towns crops should be more north and bruma more west or 2 more towns should be added and make it a pentagon system with some kind of buff/reward.

Hmm. Maybe add transit amongst all five towns? It would be independent from the keep transit system so you could only go from town to town.
  • ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very simple fix here. Add Chorrol and Cheydinhal to the pvp towns list. Now you have 5 evenly spaced out towns and its fair.
  • Jadokis
    Jadokis
    ✭✭✭
    Take the dolmen out of Bruma so the 50man DC raids don't stop there for coldfire siege all day.
  • Mickydanz
    Mickydanz
    ✭✭✭
    Take the dolmen out of Bruma so the 50man DC raids don't stop there for coldfire siege all day.

take the town out of the cold fire and move it west
    Cropsford Mayor
  • Jadokis
    Jadokis
    ✭✭✭

I like that it gets more traffic than the other towns. It's just annoying when you're there with a 4man group and 50 blues come back all stacked together
  • Potenza
    Potenza
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I like that it gets more traffic than the other towns. It's just annoying when you're there with a 4man group and 50 blues come back all stacked together

Its always 50 blues no matter what they take. Numbers win I guess.
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    I also envy DC and EP for the beauty of their countryside. The north with all the snow is just nice to look at.

i know i know, lets take it from them damit!
  • misfitmanic
    misfitmanic
    ✭✭✭
    The way I see it, there is a town between AD/DC, a town between DC/EP, and a town between EP/AD. No problem here.
    The only change that needs to be made is making more of Cyrodiil open to capture/claiming. I'm talking every town/farm/tower/winery/bridge/gate... Give a reason to hold as many areas as possible. There are so many beautiful areas in Cyrodiil that many players never even see, let alone spend more than 5 seconds in as they rapid ride on the way to the next big fight/objective.