Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The BG thing needs to stop, we payed for this !!!

DeusVult3
DeusVult3
✭✭
There is just no fun in under 50 BGs...it is a full stomp fest of overpowerd geared people ( i saw people even in gold ) that just destroy any new player that joins. We do not have the gear and money these guys have, it is not even about skills. I barely find a match one in like 4-5 days that is fun. It is THAT terrible. Most are just groups of twinked players that literally use 1 spell 4 times and u die...1 button spam. This is just griefing, there is NO fun in this and i did not pay for Morrowind BGs for this ***. I demand a repair to this situation as i have friends who have quit the game for this, and most matches i see people, normal leveling people, that do the same because of this unbalanced fest. We need solo queue/team queue first of all..as this is a problem at high lvl aswell form what i am told..and then..this situation must be adressed. I have no idea how, because it is hard to stop people from getting gold gear at lvl 40..or get full crafted sets...but there must be a way. People give money for this service and it is NOT FUN AT ALL.
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They got your money. They no longer care unless somehow this is ruining a role play event or an OBVIOUS cheater. Aside from those two things, and barely the second one I might add, your experience inside what you paid for does not concern them any further.

Need proof, see PvP. I.e. cyrodil. Btw, welcome to eso :)
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I think it is fun. Had fun with my low level (10-20) alts. You just shouldn't run into groups or try to solo people but capturing points and relics is doable.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Rokkar8
    Rokkar8
    ✭✭
    Noticed the same when I joined on pc in late January.
    You should join a guild, and ask if someone can make you julianos if magicka or hundings if stamina.
    Make it blue and you can compete.
    And make sure to try and pick up sets jewlery and stuff from bgs rewards. Cowards gear is awsome for playing objectives and be more survivable.
    Gl and have fun.
    Btw in the above 50 bgs everyone hits way harder and the flow of battle is 3 times faster, speed pots etc, so thats were the challenge begins and where you really need gear.
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey mate, it's Sina here... believe me when I say that the problem here really is less of a gear question and more of an experience question.

I know that you put me into that group of people you mention, but it is more that I have 4 years of experience in pvp, have played all classes and all specs, know which skills to prioritize unlocking and have the muscle memory for my build.

Farming a drop set and crafting a set that complements it and upgrading all to purple costs maybe 10k gold, if that. This is not unachievable even for a new player. It will also not change the situation.

The only way to change the situation you are describing would be to exclude players with a certain experience level. And how do you want to achieve that?

Next time I'm online, give me a shout and we'll take a look at your setup. I'll craft you a purple set free of charge and give advice on which drop set you should go for. We can also take a look at your skill loadout, though I must admit that stamwarden is probably my weakest class in regards to knowledge.

I'm sure I can give you some pointers, though.
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leandor wrote: »
    Hey mate, it's Sina here... believe me when I say that the problem here really is less of a gear question and more of an experience question.

I know that you put me into that group of people you mention, but it is more that I have 4 years of experience in pvp, have played all classes and all specs, know which skills to prioritize unlocking and have the muscle memory for my build.

Farming a drop set and crafting a set that complements it and upgrading all to purple costs maybe 10k gold, if that. This is not unachievable even for a new player. It will also not change the situation.

The only way to change the situation you are describing would be to exclude players with a certain experience level. And how do you want to achieve that?

Next time I'm online, give me a shout and we'll take a look at your setup. I'll craft you a purple set free of charge and give advice on which drop set you should go for. We can also take a look at your skill loadout, though I must admit that stamwarden is probably my weakest class in regards to knowledge.

I'm sure I can give you some pointers, though.

Lol we need more of this. Ty for not just saying l2p to the guy. Love it when I see people willing to help.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do think that the < 50 PVP zones should be restricted to new players so they get chance to pay, have fun, learn and not get instantly stomped.

Perhaps based on CP? Or make alliance rank account-based and limit based on that?

I find taking new (sub-50) characters into Vivec, they do fine - and gain a lot more xp/ap than they get in Kyne so don't see any need whatsoever for experienced players to take their sun-50's into sub-50 PVP areas - unless they're just looking for easy targets?

Edited by Biro123 on March 6, 2018 12:15PM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    I do think that the < 50 PVP zones should be restricted to new players so they get chance to pay, have fun, learn and not get instantly stomped.

Perhaps based on CP? Or make alliance rank account-based and limit based on that?

I find taking new (sub-50) characters into Vivec, they do fine - and gain a lot more xp/ap than they get in Kyne so don't see any need whatsoever for experienced players to take their sun-50's into sub-50 PVP areas - unless they're just looking for easy targets?

Well, I can't take my low level into vet battlegrounds. The only option I have is the sub-50 BGs. So yeah...

EDIT to the poster below: 0/10. Who plays BGs for gear? Open the geodes, get the transmute crystals (the currency needed for transmutation) which are account wide? Farming/crafting sets is possible for anyone and has nothing to do with length of /played? Do you realize that the game itself restricts which BGs one can join? Below 50 chars cannot, for any reason, enter anything but the below 50 BGs. Please research a bit before ranting, otherwise you may sound quite stupid...
    Being a brute in under 50 BGs just seems counter-productive in many ways.

-You get gear as rewards but it's much harder to sell.
    -You get geodes to transmute but they are bound to a character that really doesn't need them yet.
    -It's more difficult to buy the pieces you need.
    -You are wasting gold materials on a low level character.

To me it seems these people just look for easy targets because they can't handle playing against people of their own or superior skill. But hell, they get AP and can show off to new players so there's that.
    Edited by Leandor on March 6, 2018 12:34PM
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

-You get geodes to transmute but they are bound to a character that really doesn't need them yet.

To me it seems these people just look for easy targets because they can't handle playing against people of their own or superior skill. But hell, they get AP and can show off to new players so there's that.
    Edited by brandonv516 on March 6, 2018 12:26PM
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Well, I can't take my low level into vet battlegrounds. The only option I have is the sub-50 BGs. So yeah...

Have you tried it? With reasonable gear, scaling gives you VERY good stats- and you can always either build around some missing key abilities - or of not too far off - just grind a few levels quickly in PVE.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Have you tried it? With reasonable gear, scaling gives you VERY good stats- and you can always either build around some missing key abilities - or of not too far off - just grind a few levels quickly in PVE.
    That's it. You can't. The game only gives you "below 50" option to join. There simply is no option at all to join vet BGs with a non vet char. Zilch. And for sure I will not mindlessly grind a char to 50 if I can level my alliance skill lines, and acquire skill points, and have fun, and earn crystals & AP, by doing BGs.

I am a nice, considerate person, but I'm not a masochist.
    Edited by Leandor on March 6, 2018 12:38PM
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is there any sort of rating system in there matching people of like skill, or does it just dump everyone into the same playground?
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there any sort of rating system in there matching people of like skill, or does it just dump everyone into the same playground?

@ZOS_Wrobel wouldn't it be nice if it did.
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What did you expect? Its PvP...
  • kypranb14_ESO
    kypranb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's gear you're worried about, just get purple crafted sets.

I was doing sub50 battlegrounds on my Khajiit stamsorc recently.
    Maybe you bumped into him, his name is "Michael the Hurricane"

I used:

5x Hunding's Rage (A crafter in my guild made this and Eternal hunt for me, I improved it to purple myself)
    4x Eternal Hunt
    3x Agility. (Got this for FREE by doing randon dungeons, 2x Robust, 1x Arcane)

No gold gear, just crafted stuffs and random dungeon rewards. It's really important to start crafting early in this game. I main a Magblade, and knew I wanted Julianos before I started, so i worked on that from the start. I was 6 traits light before I hit 160 CP, with 50 in all crafting skills except enchanting, which followed shortly after 160.

More important than gear is an organized team. I was doing great without a team, but after joining a BGs guild.. My performance stayed consistently high.

Hope any little bit of this helps, good luck!
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »

@ZOS_Wrobel wouldn't it be nice if it did.

This seems like more a Wheeler thing. @ZOS_BrianWheeler
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

That's it. You can't. The game only gives you "below 50" option to join. There simply is no option at all to join vet BGs with a non vet char. Zilch. And for sure I will not mindlessly grind a char to 50 if I can level my alliance skill lines, and acquire skill points, and have fun, and earn crystals & AP, by doing BGs.

I am a nice, considerate person, but I'm not a masochist.

Ah, ok, BG's.. I guess if there's no option then... Cyro is fine though. Sub-50's can do ok in Vivec/Sotha/Shor.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The problem with this is the definition of "new players." A 720 CP player who just created his first character to run in PVP is technically a "new player" to pvp. Excluding them from under 50 PVP is an easy way to exclude them from PVP all-together since the learning curve is so high for the non under 50 content. And you find taking characters into Vivec fine, as do I, but you are experienced in PVP. When I first started out in PVP, around 300CP, I ran 10 or so new characters in Kyne to 50 to get the hang of things in a zone where encounters lasted more than a few seconds.

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still don’t get why a rating system wasn’t included. It could even have been simple and been something like ELO. Then you build buckets with ELO ranges and fill the teams with players from the buckets in ascending skill order.

Is it perfect? No. But it would be a lot better than just a random queue where you might end up in a strong team or in a team of clueless players.

Also it would alleviate the premade vs PuG problem at least a bit if leaderboard points where weighted for expected outcome based on ratings. Strong premades would gain 0 ground on leaderboards if they just stomp PuGs. Grant real good rewards for top leaderboard spots, and voila, people will try playing good groups.
    Edited by Feanor on March 6, 2018 2:08PM
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The geode is bound, but the crystals are account wide. This isn't really an issue.

I think what is being left out here is the AP gain is much quicker now in BGs than in Cyrodil. Running BGs on a new character while leveling to get alliance skills for end game is far more productive than waiting until cp level to get it.
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DeusVult3 wrote: »
    There is just no fun in under 50 BGs...it is a full stomp fest of overpowerd geared people ( i saw people even in gold ) that just destroy any new player that joins. We do not have the gear and money these guys have, it is not even about skills. I barely find a match one in like 4-5 days that is fun. It is THAT terrible. Most are just groups of twinked players that literally use 1 spell 4 times and u die...1 button spam. This is just griefing, there is NO fun in this and i did not pay for Morrowind BGs for this ***. I demand a repair to this situation as i have friends who have quit the game for this, and most matches i see people, normal leveling people, that do the same because of this unbalanced fest. We need solo queue/team queue first of all..as this is a problem at high lvl aswell form what i am told..and then..this situation must be adressed. I have no idea how, because it is hard to stop people from getting gold gear at lvl 40..or get full crafted sets...but there must be a way. People give money for this service and it is NOT FUN AT ALL.

wow, the self entitlement is strong in this one. you 'demand' a repair? like what, taking gold and gear off your opposition? you have friends who quit the game because they came up against better geared players? the fact you mention twinks makes me think you're a wow player.

theres a small violin playing somewhere for you im sure.
  • Sinthrax
    Sinthrax
    ✭✭✭✭
    How is your lack of in game gold, that you can earn playing the game you are playing their fault. Really? Earn the gold and make your equipment gold like theirs. It would take less than a day.

Believe it or not that player earned that gear, it wasn't given to them. Now you can earn yours. I bet they could give you every piece of gear you want and you would still get stomped. Some people are just good at pvp and some...well...they aren't.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kyne and L1-50 should be first pass only. Not per toon, it ruins content for beginners.

Unsure in the fun in noob stomping, but people are odd
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Kyne and L1-50 should be first pass only. Not per toon, it ruins content for beginners.

Unsure in the fun in noob stomping, but people are odd

So if I create a new char, I am not allowed to pvp with it before reaching level 50, just because it's not my first char?

No.
    Edited by Leandor on March 6, 2018 4:01PM
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sinthrax wrote: »
    How is your lack of in game gold, that you can earn playing the game you are playing their fault. Really? Earn the gold and make your equipment gold like theirs. It would take less than a day.

Believe it or not that player earned that gear, it wasn't given to them. Now you can earn yours. I bet they could give you every piece of gear you want and you would still get stomped. Some people are just good at pvp and some...well...they aren't.

A new player wouldn’t know how to make gold , there’s veteran players that barely maintain 50k so let’s be realistic here. Anyways it’s stupid that veteran players go into the lower level pvp with gold gear and noob stomp, that’s lower than pug stomping.
  • Discord_Days
    Discord_Days
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad you made this thread.

I have now done battlegrounds (the 10-50 bracket) three days in a row and this happens in the majority of the games I participated in.
    • One player can't be killed by a whole team, even if two teams work together trying to take one person down it sometimes seems impossible.
    • You can successfully knock someone down into lava and slow them there for 8 seconds - while 4 people are shooting that person all out, and you still can barely hurt that player.
    • It's so bad that it's simply not fun having not even an iota of a chance of winning when one person camps below your teams spawn and kills your whole team easily even if everyone jump down at the same time.

I don't understand this at all. In some cases I couldn't even do more than 5% damage to someone when I use all my abilities because it seems they have super high damage reduction/resistance and high health recovery.

I'm just so confused... At this point I just leave the game if I see some of the familiar "twink" names when I enter the battleground. And no, I don't expect to win or beat others all the time, I just want the pvp to be slightly more balanced.
    Edited by Discord_Days on March 6, 2018 10:12PM
  • WeyounTM
    WeyounTM
    ✭✭✭✭
    If only there would be some kind of MMR system in place...! Imagine Garri Kasparov turning up at your small town chess tournament and wrecking everybody left right and center....only to leave the place and telling everyone to "Git gud...."
    Magicka-Khajiit-Player since Beta

PC-EU Vivec Sotha Sil Campaign
    Heals-your-Paws Khajiit Magplar - Main Char - AD (sadly)

Little-Miss-Hurricane - Khajiit -Stamsorc - DC
    Saves-your-Paws - Khajiit MagDK - DC
    Lucký-Paws - Khajiit StamDK - DC
    Icy-Paws - Khajiit Magden - DC
    White-Paws - Khajiit Stamblade - DC
    Paws-of-the-Light - Khajiit Stamplar - DC
    Adusa D'aro - Khajiit Stamplar - DC
    Purrs-at-the-Moons - Khajiit Stamcro - DC
    Necrotic-Paws - Khajiit Magcro - DC
    White-Claws - Khajiit StamDK - AD
    Sticky-Paws - Khajiit Stamplar - AD
    Silent-Paws - Khajiit Magblade - AD

Hides-the-Skooma - Khajiit Stamden - EP
    Protector-of-the-Mane - Khajiit Magplar -EP
    Leaps-your-Paws - Khajiit MagDK - EP
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad you made this thread.

I have now done battlegrounds (the 10-50 bracket) three days in a row and this happens in the majority of the games I participated in.
    • One player can't be killed by a whole team, even if two teams work together trying to take one person down it sometimes seems impossible.
    • You can successfully knock someone down into lava and slow them there for 8 seconds - while 4 people are shooting that person all out, and you still can barely hurt that player.
    • It's so bad that it's simply not fun having not even an iota of a chance of winning when one person camps below your teams spawn and kills your whole team easily even if everyone jump down at the same time.

I don't understand this at all. In some cases I couldn't even do more than 5% damage to someone when I use all my abilities because it seems they have super high damage reduction/resistance and high health recovery.

I'm just so confused... At this point I just leave the game if I see some of the familiar "twink" names when I enter the battleground. And no, I don't expect to win or beat others all the time, I just want the pvp to be slightly more balanced.

This (esp in no CP) is an issue on your/your team's part.

Are you hard CCing on cooldown?
    Are you using burst damage/bleed?
    Are you snaring/rooting?

I guarantee you this (because it's sub 50) is an experienced player with a good build facing inexperienced players.

I've faced groups of 10 new players and not one used a hard CC - of course they all died.

I wouldn't e surprised at all if the majority of the new BG players are bringing a PvE build.

You should never see Liquid Lightning in PvP BGs lol
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For the most part I think the low level BG's are super fun! Yes, you do need to invest in decent purple quality set gear if you want to perform well.

Ask in zone chat for someone who can make a full set of purple gear and weapons, all armor Impenetrable. You can probably get someone to do it for 5-10k gold. Even a newer player should be able to afford that after a few hours of questing.

Do this and you will see a massive improvement in your survivability and kill power. =]
    Edited by Solariken on March 9, 2018 4:43PM
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I leveled a new toon and he wore all training blue gear lvl 18 and I did bgs all the way up to 50 and he did fine.

It’s more player skill that makes the imbalance since there are always alts and new players. Not much can be done about that
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • xericdx
    xericdx
    ✭✭✭
    Yup...have been doing by and havnt seen this level of imbalance some people are talking about... Sure sometimes you run into a good team coordinating on ts (have been soing3 only pugs) and you get hammered. But that's how it should be. It as a mmo and people befriend, train and play together. It s not a l2p, all of had to l2p. It s more the sense of "want to win now and everything" that I don't understand. Then they say millennials
    Characters
    Primo Aldouine (MagSorc), AD
    Kro'zuc Primo (StamDK), AD
    Primo Leyla, MagDK, DC
    Primo Salazar (MagPlar), AD
    Leyla Softpawn (StamBade), AD
    Shaz Primo (MagBlade), AD
    Marcus Primo (MagDen), EP
    Elonthor Primo (StamDen), AD
    The Red, MagNecro, AD

You like housing?! We have the place for you: Tamriel Homes Guild! Contact me for info (in-game ID @xericdx) or visit our website https://tamrielhomes.com/
    PC EU