Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

My Ebony Flask Inn Room

Carbonised
Carbonised
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I know I'm quite late to the party, but ever since Vvardenfell came on the PTS, I have been putting all of my house decorating on hold, until I managed to get all the Vvardenfell recipes, so as to not limit my decorating due to not having the recipe or item I wanted.

Since I now have all the recipes I need for my decorating, I plan on doing all my houses, at least to the limits of the furnishing item cap. These houses are all the houses in the Stonefalls, Deshaan and Vvardenfell zones. And I'll be starting off with the smallest one, the Ebony Flask Inn Room that you get as your first home.

There are several contraints that makes this a bit difficult, one is the very small cap of items you can place in the room, so you really need to think out what is necessary, and what isn't. Secondly, the room is very tiny, and the ceiling is curved and rounded, so it makes it a challenge to decorate it, while still looking good.

What I did what trying to go for a regular "hotel room" look, since this is supposedly a room you rent in the Ebon Flask, so it would make sense to go with a more neutral hotel-like look. You have your bed and sleeping area, a small table with writing implements for some office work, a smaller table with some drinks, as well as a rug and tapestry to finish it off. To make it cozy, I also added a small pillow area just for decoration. The room is rather dark, so it was important to place quite a few lights all over the place, to make it appear more cozy and lit.

P6J2AKt.jpg

vHWPB4L.jpg

8yAZq0O.jpg

chIWBH9.jpg

X7Bbkzl.jpg

Hnm2A3y.jpg

Like I said, there's not a terribly lot you can do with a room like this, within the furnishing item limit, but I think I managed to make it look decent, within these contraints.
Next up is the Flaming Nix Inn Room, with a larger space and a larger cap.

Edited by Carbonised on March 7, 2018 9:27AM
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Seem very nice and comfy. Congratulations!
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seem very nice and comfy. Congratulations!

Thank you =)
  • VonNelson
    VonNelson
    ✭✭✭
    Wow you have done loads with this. You have some great furnishings. Only thing that is missing is a dunmer mirror. Don’t even know if one exists!

Looking good - I’d love to see what you can do with the space in auridon

• newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lovely room!

I am in process on a similar project; I want to transform the Rosy Lion room into a "bachelor pad" for my Margul gro Durga (the younger of brother orcs I run). Still gathering up what I think he would want in there.

Thanks for the inspiration!
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice, one thing I would change is to put the tapestry a bit more down, because one edge seems to clip with the wall.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VonNelson wrote: »
    Wow you have done loads with this. You have some great furnishings. Only thing that is missing is a dunmer mirror. Don’t even know if one exists!

Looking good - I’d love to see what you can do with the space in auridon

There's a Hlaalu mirror. I have the recipe, but it didn't fit into the very small room I think. You'll see plenty of them in the next houses I'm going to decorate =)
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adernath wrote: »
    Nice, one thing I would change is to put the tapestry a bit more down, because one edge seems to clip with the wall.

It does, I noticed it too. But believe me, I placed that tapestry in all the different ways I could possibly do, and there would always be some part clipping with the curved roof or one of the sides. This was the best placement I could do, instead of getting clipping in the lower parts of the tapestry and the tressels.

The tapestry is just a little too big for that place, but the real problem is the curved roof, it makes it really hard to place anything on the walls.
  • VonNelson
    VonNelson
    ✭✭✭
    @Carbonised - do you have velothi reverie? That is my main house. I would LOVE to see what you could do with it!
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Carbonised - do you have velothi reverie? That is my main house. I would LOVE to see what you could do with it!

Indeed I do. I have all the homes in the Morrowind zones, that is:
    • Ebony Flask
    • Flaming Nix
    • Velothi Reverie
    • Kragenhome
    • Quondam Indorilia
    • Ebonheart Chateau
    • St Delyn Penthouse
    • Ald Velothi Harbor House
    • Amaya Lake Lodge
    • Tel Galen

I'll probably do them from the smaller ones upward to the larger ones. I'm currently working on Flaming Nix, which will be the next one. Tel Galen is pretty much done, but sadly I got hit hard by the furniture limit, so only the outside fungi garden looks awesome, the inside still lacks a lot of clutter.

If anyone wants to take a closer look at any of my houses, I'm on PC-EU @Carbonised
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    Adernath wrote: »

It does, I noticed it too. But believe me, I placed that tapestry in all the different ways I could possibly do, and there would always be some part clipping with the curved roof or one of the sides. This was the best placement I could do, instead of getting clipping in the lower parts of the tapestry and the tressels.

The tapestry is just a little too big for that place, but the real problem is the curved roof, it makes it really hard to place anything on the walls.

Hmm that is weird, because the screenshots indicated that there is still a little bit of space left between the bottom edge and the floor resp. wall there.

Edit: You could maybe try to rotate it a bit, it won't stick perfectly to the wall, but perhaps it could still look cozy, similar to cloths hanging over a rope.
    Edited by Adernath on March 6, 2018 8:39PM
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Indeed I do. I have all the homes in the Morrowind zones, that is:
    • Ebony Flask
    • Flaming Nix
    • Velothi Reverie
    • Kragenhome
    • Quondam Indorilia
    • Ebonheart Chateau
    • St Delyn Penthouse
    • Ald Velothi Harbor House
    • Amaya Lake Lodge
    • Tel Galen

I'll probably do them from the smaller ones upward to the larger ones. I'm currently working on Flaming Nix, which will be the next one. Tel Galen is pretty much done, but sadly I got hit hard by the furniture limit, so only the outside fungi garden looks awesome, the inside still lacks a lot of clutter.

If anyone wants to take a closer look at any of my houses, I'm on PC-EU @Carbonised

Well, i´m really regarding to see what have you done with Tel Galen. Keep ´em coming!
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hah! Found your first thread after reading your Velothi Reverie thread. :) I'm looking forward to reading them all!

I haven't done anything with my Ebony Flask. I did initially, until I purchased Velothi Reverie. Basically, it kinda became a storage room for some pieces I didn't have room to store in my bank. I'm ready to decorate it after seeing your pictures. I have the same idea of making it like a hotel room, since that's basically what it is. That's what I've done with the Penthouse, too.

I'm jealous that you have all the MW plans (well, the ones you said you needed, at least). I have pretty much what I need, but I'd like to get my hands on some of the blue decorative furnishings (the tapestry, for example). But, those are even more expensive at the traders than most of the purples! I'll have to break down, I guess, and purchase some of the blue documents, but I'm not looking forward to trying to sell the Redoran tableware. At DLC launch, I saw those for sale for about 10-12k on console. But, I guess if you can score some of the rare ones, it balances out.

Next up for me...reading your Flaming Nix Garrett post!
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    Hah! Found your first thread after reading your Velothi Reverie thread. :) I'm looking forward to reading them all!

I haven't done anything with my Ebony Flask. I did initially, until I purchased Velothi Reverie. Basically, it kinda became a storage room for some pieces I didn't have room to store in my bank. I'm ready to decorate it after seeing your pictures. I have the same idea of making it like a hotel room, since that's basically what it is. That's what I've done with the Penthouse, too.

I'm jealous that you have all the MW plans (well, the ones you said you needed, at least). I have pretty much what I need, but I'd like to get my hands on some of the blue decorative furnishings (the tapestry, for example). But, those are even more expensive at the traders than most of the purples! I'll have to break down, I guess, and purchase some of the blue documents, but I'm not looking forward to trying to sell the Redoran tableware. At DLC launch, I saw those for sale for about 10-12k on console. But, I guess if you can score some of the rare ones, it balances out.

I do have all the Vvardenfell plans now. I saved up 6k or so vouchers and spent them all on the purple documents. Traded some duplicates for the ones I lacked, and bought the rest at traders when the prices fell.

I bought up all the blues ones at traders too, but lacked 3 (those 2 Hlaalu floral banners/tapestries). So I saved up again 800 vouchers or so, and spent them all on blue documents. Was lucky, and got all 3 I needed from there. The leftover blues I sold. Some of the really rare and great blue plans sell for almost the same price as the purple ones, at least on PC-EU, so i got a lot of gold back that way.
    So if you're only after a few of the blue recipes, I suggest just burning some vouchers ont he documents!
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I do have all the Vvardenfell plans now. I saved up 6k or so vouchers and spent them all on the purple documents. Traded some duplicates for the ones I lacked, and bought the rest at traders when the prices fell.

I bought up all the blues ones at traders too, but lacked 3 (those 2 Hlaalu floral banners/tapestries). So I saved up again 800 vouchers or so, and spent them all on blue documents. Was lucky, and got all 3 I needed from there. The leftover blues I sold. Some of the really rare and great blue plans sell for almost the same price as the purple ones, at least on PC-EU, so i got a lot of gold back that way.
    So if you're only after a few of the blue recipes, I suggest just burning some vouchers ont he documents!

I only managed to save up a little over 3k vouchers when Dragon Bones launched on console. I got quite a few purples, with not too many duplicates (I also bought one storage chest). I've been able to sell the duplicate Telvanni plans pretty quickly, but the others are taking longer and at much lower prices. I've purchased a few of the purples I really wanted, and have managed about another 500-600 vouchers (mostly from purchased MWs) to buy some more documents, but I've still got a ways to go. I may shift to buying the blues, since it's the rares I need (e.g. the Hlaalu tapestry) and those are still around 200k on XB.

The first week after the DLC launched, I got a whopping 2 Master Writs worth 2 vouchers each. Not kidding. Since then, I've managed my usual stream of several MWs a day worth 2-6 each, with one 90 and one 15 in the mix. So, I'm not having much luck on the high-value MWs so it's been slow-going for me at this point. My husband, on the other hand, has gotten a 280, a 92, and a 315 this month alone!
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on March 14, 2018 6:11PM
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm very excited, after spending more than half a day trying to get some video recording software to actually work the way I wanted to, I managed to record a small clip of my Ebony Flask Inn Room!

Sorry for the not-so-stellar quality, this is the first time I ever try something like this. I tried not to have too many sudden or shaky views, but it is what it is. Notice also a few changes since last time, especially the 2 pets I placed. I found out pets don't count towards the total furniture limit, so why not add a few lively fellows to the room.

This clip was mostly to prove to myself that I can get this video recording thing to function. Moving on from here, I will probably stick to video recording of my homes instead of loads of pictures, it's a lot easier.

Feedback as to the video quality is always welcome, I can't do much about software/hardware specs, but I can always improve filming technique, angles, paning etc.

Edited by Carbonised on March 22, 2018 8:06AM
  • ZOS_Chris
    ZOS_Chris
    Community Rep
    That looks pretty comfy, Carbonised, you made great use of the space available! We can't wait to see what you make next!
    Staff Post
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Great job on the video! I like how you started in third person which is good for giving a sense of the entire room/area, providing depth and scale. Then, going into first person allows you to really get close and show the detail.

Kudos on your first video! Looking forward to seeing more!
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Chris wrote: »
    That looks pretty comfy, Carbonised, you made great use of the space available! We can't wait to see what you make next!

Thanks! Yes, comfy and cozy was what I was going for with this one. Don't worry, some of the larger homes are a bit more crazy and experimental. Videos will come soon, now that I finally figured out how to =)
    Great job on the video! I like how you started in third person which is good for giving a sense of the entire room/area, providing depth and scale. Then, going into first person allows you to really get close and show the detail.

Kudos on your first video! Looking forward to seeing more!

Thank you! Yes that was exactly my thoughts as well. A bit of close up detail, as well as some 3rd person panoramas. It's a lot easier in video, instead of having to take a bunch of pictures of every angle.

More videos will follow soon, first a few of the ones I have already done (some changes have been made as well, perhaps you will notice them), but soon to follow is my Quondam Inorilia and Ald Velothi Harbor House, which I'm almost finished with now =)
  • OldGuy
    OldGuy
    Soul Shriven
    Very nice! Thoughtfully done ....
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated the Ebony Flask room. Basically added some of the newer items such as the Chiminea oven and statuettes. And yes, the paper is clipping through the table on the last pic, I corrected that after taking the screenshot =p

cwtSwz8.jpg

r33OVjQ.jpg
    Edited by Carbonised on June 30, 2019 4:12PM
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dude that's awesome.

Making me look forward to sharing my Twin Arches in the coming days.

I love it when players stick to the theme and make a home that looks classic.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    After reading some lovely comments on a "necro-ed" thread, I decided to go looking for an older discussion worthy of reviving.

I found this one. I really like both the original set up, and the redo. I have a fondness for the "little" houses, and apartments and I like to see what can be done with them.

Recently for a garden contest I entered a version of the Rosy Lion. The backstory is that while I usually subscribe, I had let it lapse, so I was limited to 15 'normal' items, a pet and two chests. I slightly revised it when I re-supped, but only added one item - the pearl as a temptation to "enter the garden"

drhYRc0.png

Now I have to say, in order to get the full spooky vibe, before coming to visit, go to youtube and listen to the "hanging tree" "come little children" mashup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SFf1CLrGeI

Now that you are in the mood, come, take a closer look.

zskHfvD.png
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis