Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Zergs win

CompM4s
CompM4s
✭✭✭✭✭
They win because numbers almost always win, especially if they are good and use strategy.
I never understood the discontent with players feeling that a group of 5 should wipe 30 players. I would like to hear some legitimate reasons why a 30+ zerg should lose to a handfull of players.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They shouldn’t, but the game shouldn’t allow 30 players to create a lag fest and face roll whatever they want with ligjt attack spam.
  • Emothic
    Emothic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zerging is an effective tactic and an acceptable strategy. However zerging, which is actualy consists of what I consider 50+ players. Are typically very stupid, and easilly distracted. And they typically need to rely on a organized clan within it to set up siege or give any sense of direction to the next objective.
    Lord Emothic Von Hellsing of ze Hellsing Family.
    Dragon Knight of the Ebonheart Pact. Xbox One - NA
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CompM4s wrote: »
    They win because numbers almost always win, especially if they are good and use strategy.
    I never understood the discontent with players feeling that a group of 5 should wipe 30 players. I would like to hear some legitimate reasons why a 30+ zerg should lose to a handfull of players.

Because you said almost.
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More relevant to the times, because fire superiority, violence of action and coordination have always succeeded against numbers.
    K-Hole
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wouldn't mind seeing group size limited to 12...

a least make it a little more challenging to roll 20 to 30 deep...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven´t seen anyone complain about good players using strategy to win ever.

What people complain about is getting trampled by 24 sheeps that were neither good nor did they use any strategy apart from stacking on crown.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Took a 30+ zerg to the face yesterday, as soon as they caught up with me, i was unable to break free, cast anything, move. I got lagged out from taking so many hits. By lagged out I also mean i didn't die for until about 15 seconds, the time it took for the game to recognize the abilities I got hit with, I wasn't blocking or getting heals. That's mostly why sheep in large numbers win.

Ofc I'm not saying people have a lag switch they use on purpose, it just so happens that very large groups cause lag.
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Etaniel wrote: »
    Took a 30+ zerg to the face yesterday, as soon as they caught up with me, i was unable to break free, cast anything, move. I got lagged out from taking so many hits. By lagged out I also mean i didn't die for until about 15 seconds, the time it took for the game to recognize the abilities I got hit with, I wasn't blocking or getting heals. That's mostly why sheep in large numbers win.

Ofc I'm not saying people have a lag switch they use on purpose, it just so happens that very large groups cause lag.

I tend to experience the lag with smaller groups (maybe 10-20) who are 100% organised, as opposed to 50+ pug zergs. Actually there are certian players/groups of players that I actively avoid because my ping literally quadruples when near them, and goes back down to normal when I'm away from them :D
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Voxicity wrote: »

I tend to experience the lag with smaller groups (maybe 10-20) who are 100% organised, as opposed to 50+ pug zergs. Actually there are certian players/groups of players that I actively avoid because my ping literally quadruples when near them, and goes back down to normal when I'm away from them :D

It was a well known AD guild accompanied with pugs
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Voxicity wrote: »

It was a well known AD guild accompanied with pugs

Ahh fair enough
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because the flip side is that the group of 5 players doesn't want to feel completely helpless in the face of 30 players.

With the removal of AOE caps, an organized group of 5 can do a lot of damage to an unorganized mass of 30 players. If those 30 players are organized, however, it'll be a roflstomping. That's how it should be, IMO. (Although, those 5 players had better be a threat or holding some objective, otherwise I'm questioning why 30 organized players were fighting 5 players...)
    Edited by VaranisArano on March 6, 2018 12:46PM
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And then earthgore procced
    K-Hole
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will always be the same-old-same-old unless .....

Hey ZOS, you made Cyrodiil an awesome place ... a place where we could engage in magnificent pvp battles and sieges. Years ago, no one foresaw the horrible fate that would eventually befall the great land of Cyrodiil. From zergs, to proc-sets, to builds that seem to live on forever, and fields over-run with well-hidden assassins, to birds that fly out of no-where and hit you upside the head .... (sigh). Yea, it's time ZOS ... be brave ... be awesome ... just do it! Give us a dragon-break in the lore, give Cyrodiil dragons!
    Edited by Maryal on March 6, 2018 3:05PM
  • DivineFirstYOLO
    DivineFirstYOLO
    ✭✭✭✭

Because like 90% of people playing in 30+ zergs are unskilled noobs - every good player knows that the rewards (in AP) for playing in small groups are way higher than in a zerg. Here you got the answer to your question and why Zergs even exist in the same sentence GG.
    Zerg Squad

Godslayer x 4

Pro questing fees for RPers in Cyrodiil, pay your taxes!
    PC - EU

• oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »

I don't think this would help that much. Most large, coordinated groups are in the same guild so everyone would be in guild chat and able to stick together anyway.
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best part about smaller groups are mobility. The entire strategy of small groups is to avoid battles, be annoying and take back keeps then move on to the next 1 before the army (zergs) get there to take it back.

Its about getting the zergs attention and shifting their population distribution. A group of 12 causes 30 plus guys to chase them around leaving their front lines with less.

The real problem is the people that want their group of 12 to kill armies of opponents. Its not about playing the map and strategy but about being a elitist snob and abusing every exploit to AP farm.
    Edited by Drdeath20 on March 6, 2018 4:21PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think this would help that much. Most large, coordinated groups are in the same guild so everyone would be in guild chat and able to stick together anyway.

it might help slow up dirty rotten randoms like myself from piling on...

if i'm at a keep and I see 8 to 10 players heading off somewhere I may or may not follow...might just do my own thing and go for resources or look for some small scale...

if I see 15 to 20 players heading off somewhere - no doubt i'm tagging along to see what's going on (although, even then there's a good chance I might get distracted along the way, and never make it it to wherever they were heading :#)...

point being, in cyrodiil a crowd normally will attract a crowd...a crowd usually being in the teens in terms of group size...
    Edited by geonsocal on March 6, 2018 7:57PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As a solo player I'm starting to have some fun with AOE cap removed. Yes you still die a lot if noted and identified as a threat - but man killing 3-5 players at a time and contributing to a zerg wipe is so rewarding .. I don't mind dying anymore - because I know that as soon as I respawn I'll be a pain for those zerg groups.

And I feel that zerg groups are having hard time surviving - even those professionally organized.
    Edited by Didgerion on March 7, 2018 3:24AM
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    I haven´t seen anyone complain about good players using strategy to win ever.

What people complain about is getting trampled by 24 sheeps that were neither good nor did they use any strategy apart from stacking on crown.

Those are the complaints I am referring to. The "in 1v1 I would kill them". But its not a 1v1 and if a small group fights a large group its almost always going to be a fail. Its definitely possible to time a bomb and wipe the larger group but its not reasonable to expect to always win against those odds. I prefer running in small organized groups, and its very satisfying when we can beat a larger group, but I dont have any crazy expectation to wipe large groups consistently. 24 sheeps, is still alot of sheep.

• Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    IM ZERG confirmed!

#ZERG2018
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zerg win if they have a real good healer with them. Destroy healer you destroy the Zerg.
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Hahahaha, I like how you're expecting a simple guild chat to be enough to coordinate people. Your argument might have been a bit more valid if you'd said voice coms. But even then, reducing group size would be a huge pain to maintain the current level of organisation. (I'd love a group size reduction)
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drdeath20 wrote: »
    Best part about smaller groups are mobility. The entire strategy of small groups is to avoid battles, be annoying and take back keeps then move on to the next 1 before the army (zergs) get there to take it back.

It just occured to me what if these small groups were opposed only by similar small groups and all agreed on flipping resources in clockwise direction, so they could not even accidentally collide and battle. That would be like two cloaking sneaks duelling, except on strategic scale; Cyro would be so heavy with combat avoiding, that I would have to avoid ESO completely I guess.
    Edited by JamilaRaj on March 12, 2018 5:17PM