The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Blessings for giving away to beggars

Gargath
Gargath
✭✭✭✭✭
So many beggars asking for gold and most of them are not interactible. Just listening to their prayers while being unable to respond. All we can do is to ease to their grief with a swift blade of woe. Any chance that more beggars will be given a dialogue option with a Gift of Charity passive granted?
I miss so much the old Morrowind where this was giving +10 Speechcraft for 3600 seconds.
Here we could get +10% to prices when selling items at vendors or anything like this.

udvSXir.jpg

Edited by Gargath on March 5, 2018 9:58PM
PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you give me gold I´ll bless you, dear ser.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are you talking about Npcs or players not sure which one is worse in the game
  • Konstant_Tel_Necris
    Konstant_Tel_Necris
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You sure about your Telvanni status, more like you Hlaalu undercover?
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do them a better favor with the Blade of Woe
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you talking about Npcs or players not sure which one is worse in the game

I'm sure Xozuka on screenshot isn't a player.
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You sure about your Telvanni status, more like you Hlaalu undercover?

Became poor during some exprimenting involving tempering alloys... A Hlaalu, I´m afraid, would have never reached this level of poverty.
  • Elfen3Warrior
    Elfen3Warrior
    ✭✭
    Gargath wrote: »
    So many beggars asking for gold and most of them are not interactible. Just listening to their prayers while being unable to respond. All we can do is to ease to their grief with a swift blade of woe. Any chance that more beggars will be given a dialogue option with a Gift of Charity passive granted?
    I miss so much the old Morrowind where this was giving +10 Speechcraft for 3600 seconds.
    Here we could get +10% to prices when selling items at vendors or anything like this.

udvSXir.jpg

Definitely agree. I keep hoping for interactions when I hear them, so I can give them coins and get a blessing .
    Xbox NA
  • Harrdarrzarr
    Harrdarrzarr
    ✭✭✭
    Even if it gave no blessing whatsoever, I'd would be very nice to give us the dialogue to give something like 50 gold to them. It's no problem whatsoever for most players anyway, you'd have to be a cold character to not be bothered by the helplessnes. IF you decide to give a blessing in return, maybe something like 10% chance for 30 minutes on a double node return (increased luck) or something. So instead of 3 ores, we have a 10% chance to get 6 ores.
    You could hang some sort of weekly thing to it, it would massively break immersion if we gave gold and get the same lines again when we walk past 5 minutes later. So they would start begging again exactly 1 week after they were given some gold.
    Edited by Harrdarrzarr on March 7, 2018 8:15AM
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What about an achievement for giving a certain amount of gold to beggars over time and another for giving to one beggar in every town in the game which has them?
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.