The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Please have any Hirelings mail to Account vice Respective Alts

Armisael9
Armisael9
✭✭✭
I’m sure this has been posted before but I believe this would save crafters a good amount of time depending on number of alts! Each alt takes about 2.5min of logging and unlogging loading screens. Not to mention the 24 hour reset clock creeps forward a little each day as you wait for the mail to drop. Would definitely increase my actual game time and enjoyment!
Edited by Armisael9 on March 5, 2018 8:31PM
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.

jfc people....

Yeah, it would save time. But with game design, there is such a thing as making something too easy.
    PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
  • Armisael9
    Armisael9
    ✭✭✭
    Minimizing loading screens to collect alt hireling mail isn’t exactly an easy mode game changer regarding design. Time is a valuable thing, and I’d rather spend it on quests, leveling and farming equipment in delves or pvp with guild, aka actual game activity. I’m working on 10 alts, which nets about 25-30min of loading screens.

If I had 2 toons then yeah, this wouldn’t even be an item worth mentioning. There are plenty of crafters with 8 alts and hirelings.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why I have all my alts parked in Dreloth Ancestral Tomb. I log in, trigger the hirelings, run the urns, deposit goodies with my banker merchant, rinse, repeat. Each urn run is about 2 minutes, so at least I don't feel like I'm completely wasting a ton of time just for hirelings.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's such a hassle for you then get rid of your hirelings on your alts.
    Then you only have one to log into and check every day.
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armisael9 wrote: »
    Not to mention the 24 hour reset clock creeps forward a little each day as you wait for the mail to drop.

Hirelings send mail every 12 hours. Twice a day!

PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    jssriot wrote: »
    No.

jfc people....

Yeah, it would save time. But with game design, there is such a thing as making something too easy.

Why would you want yourself and other players to have to waste more time in loading screens... Making players log into different characters doesn't make this any more difficult, Just annoying. Less time logging in and out of characters means more time to actually play the game.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not to mention the 24 hour reset clock creeps forward a little each day as you wait for the mail to drop.

Only if you have the last skill point put into them but still, that 12 hours can still creep forward a little every day.

If you only have them set to 24 hour delivery and log in at the same time every day, there would be one day every now and then that you could not get them. Even with 12 hour delivery, I can only get more than one a day on weekends if I log in early enough on the first day.

I have 8 characters getting 12 hour mails. If I don't log in until 9 am on Saturday, by the time I do Saturday night and Sunday morning mails, I can end up still being on at 10.30 - 11 pm Sunday trying to get my 4th mail for the weekend. This is getting late for an old man like me when I get up at 5 am for work.

I suggest that it should be reduced like horse training was, maybe 20 hours for daily and 10 hours for twice daily. I'd even settle for 11 hours apart to get twice daily mails.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm fine with having to relog, some players just want everything made as easy as possible with as little work involved as possible. BUT, zos should work on improving load screen time and performance so it doesn't take 30-45 min just to log into all your characters.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i don't log into each of them every day. Some days I might if i'm ready to log off early.
    It's not like that's my only source of mats. So I don't get to each and every alt every single day.
  • Armisael9
    Armisael9
    ✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »

Only if you have the last skill point put into them but still, that 12 hours can still creep forward a little every day.

If you only have them set to 24 hour delivery and log in at the same time every day, there would be one day every now and then that you could not get them. Even with 12 hour delivery, I can only get more than one a day on weekends if I log in early enough on the first day.

I have 8 characters getting 12 hour mails. If I don't log in until 9 am on Saturday, by the time I do Saturday night and Sunday morning mails, I can end up still being on at 10.30 - 11 pm Sunday trying to get my 4th mail for the weekend. This is getting late for an old man like me when I get up at 5 am for work.

I suggest that it should be reduced like horse training was, maybe 20 hours for daily and 10 hours for twice daily. I'd even settle for 11 hours apart to get twice daily mails.

Great suggestion bringing the clock down to 20 hours or 10 hours (for the last skill point) to eliminate log in time creep.
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly, another thing that has been suggested repeatedly since launch with no interest from ZOS. But hope springs eternal, so you never know!
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've never bothered with hirelings because I'm not interested in being tethered to my console twice per day, due to a poorly implemented feature. Just my two cents.
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a reason as to why somethings are not automated. If you think about it, you would understand why this is not.

If you are not sure, here is a hint, make it too easy to gather mats, and everyone will do it and the economy will tank as mats and other items drop to less than vendor pricing. This is why there is a friction with Hireling Mails, Writs, Master Writs and the like. As long as there is a token effort, then only people who want to do these things will. Rather than anyone who wants to do some clickety clicks and have everything done.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"