Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is it possible to do Normal trials solo?

Saphayla
Saphayla
✭✭✭
I know that some trials have mechanics that require people to, say, stand on pressure plates, thus requiring 12 people to complete the trial, but ignoring those... let's say Asylum Sanctorium. Can a player be good enough to do it solo?
  • Princess_Ciri
    Princess_Ciri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GM and raid leader of Hot Girls Play DPS, the cutest guild EU
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did you solo the other bosses as well, or did you have a tank help you clear the other two?
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • ofSunhold
    ofSunhold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Classes that don't need any class ability nerfs: Nightblades, Dragonknights, Sorcs, Templars, Wardens.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Normal Asylum is not hard to solo. The mechanics are easy, it's just a test of patience, as the bosses have high health.
    You could also solo Sanctum Ophidia. Sometimes the Lamia boss doesn't seem to use her unbreakable bolts. So provided this does not happen, you can solo it.
    Edited by Dracane on March 5, 2018 12:19PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hel Ra Citadel and Asylum Sanctorium are both technically soloable.

• Hel Ra you kill Ra Kotu -> Yokeda Kai -> The Warrior. I’ve gotten The Warrior and pushed him to 60% before. Add pulls are very difficult in this trial (especially before The Warrior).
    • Aetherian Archive you can only solo the Lightning Storm Atronach before the teleportation pads restrict you. Easy boss.
    • Sanctum Ophidia you can solo Possessed Mantikora. The next boss after might be soloable too, but either way there are many obstacles requiring numerous players that will restrict you from a solo complete of this trial
    • Halls of Fabrication you can solo the first boss. very difficult.... good luck lol.
    • Maw of Lorkhaj you can solo the first boss Zhaj’hassa. It’s extremely difficult and a DPS race.
    • Asylum Sanctorium the whole trial is soloable. It’s actually really easy (easier than the other trial fights) but *extremely* boring and drawn out. Trying to fight all three bosses at the same time would be a very difficult fight though.

That’s my take on it :)
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »

• Hel Ra you kill Ra Kotu -> Yokeda Kai -> The Warrior. I’ve gotten The Warrior and pushed him to 60% before. Add pulls are very difficult in this trial (especially before The Warrior).
    • Aetherian Archive you can only solo the Lightning Storm Atronach before the teleportation pads restrict you. Easy boss.
    • Sanctum Ophidia you can solo Possessed Mantikora. The next boss after might be soloable too, but either way there are many obstacles requiring numerous players that will restrict you from a solo complete of this trial
    • Halls of Fabrication you can solo the first boss. very difficult.... good luck lol.
    • Maw of Lorkhaj you can solo the first boss Zhaj’hassa. It’s extremely difficult and a DPS race.
    • Asylum Sanctorium the whole trial is soloable. It’s actually really easy (easier than the other trial fights) but *extremely* boring and drawn out. Trying to fight all three bosses at the same time would be a very difficult fight though.

Hall of Fabrication first boss can be solo?

Please post some videos, this boss do insane damage without tanks even in normal, those dwemer sphere shield and insane poison damage. Good luck casting purge!
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on March 5, 2018 3:02PM
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »

Hall of Fabrication first boss can be solo?

Please post some videos, this boss do insane damage without tanks even in normal, those dwemer sphere shield and insane poison damage. Good luck casting purge!
    Technically yes, it can be soloed. No one has done it yet though lol. It’s almost impossibly difficult. Maybe one day I’ll dedicate a bunch of time into trying to beat it.

You basically have to run circles around the arena, purge a bunch, and still deal damage the whole time. Breaking shields off the spheres is very annoying but doable.
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How can you go through the levers without pulling them together with another player?

How can you skip the gate mechanism in HRC?
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How can you go through the levers without pulling them together with another player?

How can you skip the gate mechanism in HRC?

Yokeda Kai is the upstairs boss. That's were the levers are. The gates only apply to the downstairs boss.

The Moot Councillor
  • ol_BANK_lo
    ol_BANK_lo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saphayla wrote: »
    I know that some trials have mechanics that require people to, say, stand on pressure plates, thus requiring 12 people to complete the trial, but ignoring those... let's say Asylum Sanctorium. Can a player be good enough to do it solo?

Was done in like the first week on PC
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    Normal Asylum is not hard to solo. The mechanics are easy, it's just a test of patience, as the bosses have high health.
    You could also solo Sanctum Ophidia. Sometimes the Lamia boss doesn't seem to use her unbreakable bolts. So provided this does not happen, you can solo it.

How exactly are you planning on opening the doors that require 2 people to activate 2 levers that are pretty far apart?
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Saphayla One thing I should say.... I do not recommend ever trying to solo a normal trial boss. At least in my experience, it’s really just not as fun as Vet dungeon soloing. Trials often revolve around very long fights (15-30min) where you kite enemies the whole time.

In the case of Asylum, you basically have to first kill the mini-bosses individually, then deal with a 30+min fight of pure repetition and boredom..... just don’t lol.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Vaoh What type of stats should you have trying this?
  • madchuska83
    madchuska83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would you want to?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would you want to?

At the very least it means you don't have to rely on others to complete
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

sadly I am no longer impressed about people who solo normal trials...maybe cuz everyone used to do it a few years ago and it feels so common...maybe why I don't even bother with normal version of anything...still nice 1 but still what for? feels like a true waste of time
  • Diddly_D_Potatoes
    Diddly_D_Potatoes
    ✭✭✭
    feels like a true waste of time

It absolutely is.

I have solo'd the 1st boss of normal AA on a sap tank once (never again). It took a half hour just to get to the boss, and then almost another hour to get him down. In retrospect I probably could have corpse ran the trash and saved myself some pain.

I recall wanting give around halfway through, but likened it to swimming halfway across the english channel and then turning back cause you're tired.

Would not recommend.