Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Daily Craft Writ reward table gap

Grimm13
Grimm13
✭✭✭✭✭
Since the removal of the glass style motif fragments we have a hole in the rewards. You would have thought that it would have been replaced by another epic reward instead of just being other two low rewards that was paired with it. Please patch the hole with the epic upgrade material for the appropriate writ turn in.
https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or some furnishing mats? That would help create an interest in furniture crafting.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the chance for a random non-Vvardenfell furnishing plan would be a nice addition.

In line with provisioning giving recipes, each writ would have a chance to drop the appropriate blueprint/design/diagram/etc, in all levels (green/blue/purple), with the chances of the blue/purple also being about on par with how provisioning currently is.

Just a thought.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The glass fragments were worth basically nothing. They replaced it with actual nothing. I'm not concerned.
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The glass fragments were worth basically nothing. They replaced it with actual nothing. I'm not concerned.

That't not true, they could and were sold and if you only need 1 or 2 pages to complete the book pages are cheaper than the 180WV book available from the WV merchant.

I too was considering making a post about this very thing, we were getting a chance at a legendary drop, that item has been removed which has devalued the Daily Writs even further. Something of similar quality should be added in. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom ???
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Dark Elf - Mag Warden- Healer
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That't not true, they could and were sold and if you only need 1 or 2 pages to complete the book pages are cheaper than the 180WV book available from the WV merchant.

I too was considering making a post about this very thing, we were getting a chance at a legendary drop, that item has been removed which has devalued the Daily Writs even further. Something of similar quality should be added in. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom ???

But, once you've learned the glass motif, those frags are essentially worthless filler. Sure, you could sell them, and I did sell quite a lot of them, but only for about 100-200 gold per frag. They were useless to me for years and only provided a small source of income. They were certainly worth something to those that are still working on the pages, and hopefully there will be enough frags still for sale for those folks to complete them. I put together 2 pages to sell, something I never do, but I thought it would be more helpful to players just needing a few specific pages - they can purchase exactly what they need rather than gamble for a page they already have. Plus, I'll sell the remaining frags I have left over to those just needing a couple frags to complete a page.

It sucks for those who still need to complete the glass motif as now they'll either need to purchase the book from the master writ vendor or buy the frags/pages still in circulation (rather than getting a lot of frags for "free"), but that's a different issue from the idea that the loss of these fragments somehow constitutes a huge loss in revenue or value of the writ rewards in general. They were really only of value to those still needing the pages, and those folks still have options now. But, in general, these frags were just useless filler for many players, which is why I suspect they removed them.

It's like the suggestion that ZOS add double horse training for ESO+ members - a feature that's great for new players, but quickly loses it's value in 6 months and is totally of no use to veteran players.

I'm all for adding more rewards to the writ containers, but I'm not sure it's necessary to fill some perceived gap that's been left by removing those frags. I for one don't miss them and am glad they're gone.
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know the fragments were not highly valuable such as a epic furniture piece can be. It's why I suggested that they add in the epic upgrade materials (Temper, Tannin,Resins). Those are more inline with the value that was lost.

It is also directly inline with the writ system as it is being used unlike furniture that is not part of the writ system. Also I do not want to see a furniture writ system as the material costs for those are too high, I don't think many people would do them so not worth it.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA