The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can We Make BGs part of the Base Game?

Zimm
Zimm
✭✭
I've already bought Morrowind, I've been enjoying the no-cp Battlegrounds, it's a breath of fresh air for me as I stopped playing the game for over a year. That being said I really think making Battlegrounds part of the base game should be considered, I'm sure I could find video of them advertising the game before it even came out with their make-shift battlegrounds, I consider that (almost) as advertising Battlegrounds as part of the base game. Besides that, why would we cut out a portion of the population from this? I know I'd like faster queues and I don't have any problem with other people getting for free something I paid for. Please share your thoughts and concerns, this has probably been discussed previously.
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

GanVal Zimm - VR16 Stam DK
Accaro - VR16 Magicka Sorc
Agony - Magicka DK
Buuch - Stam Nightblade
  • Abstraqt
    Abstraqt
    ✭✭✭
    100% should be part of the base game

It would be really annoying because I only got morrowind for the bgs so I'm not sure how Zos could go around this

Maybe the add the ability to create your own private matches into the base game and keep the matchmaking one in the dlc?

Orrrrr just sell bgs as a separate thing?
  • Zimm
    Zimm
    ✭✭
    Personally I'm fine with just losing the money, a good point I read was Morrowind purchasers got BGs for a year before non-purchasers, I actually just recently bought Morrowind and I'm still okay with losing the $ worth. I don't expect everyone to feel the same though.

Agony - Magicka DK
    Buuch - Stam Nightblade
  • Zimm
    Zimm
    ✭✭
    Or at least let ESO+ queue for BG.

Agony - Magicka DK
    Buuch - Stam Nightblade
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zimm wrote: »

Better than nothing. To make BGs base game, they need to add quest givers somewhere in Tamriel. But keep the merchants in Morrowind (that's the reason you get Morrowind, the gear).
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

Better than nothing. To make BGs base game, they need to add quest givers somewhere in Tamriel. But keep the merchants in Morrowind (that's the reason you get Morrowind, the gear).

They could let players without Morrowind in on BGs without the quests entirely.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Before BGs goes to the base game I think we will have to wait for Morrowind to get a discount and the new chapter to release.

My guess is by the end of the year or early next year. I wouldn't mind if it was released to everyone now though.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same, I own Morrowind but would be happy to see new players. Open it up :)
  • Sublime
    Sublime
    ✭✭✭✭
    Completely agree. Let me elaborate on why I'm interested in making ESO content that I paid for available to others for free.
    • Let's start with the obvious one: The more players queue up for BG's, the faster they get to play. I think this is quite intuitively, so I won't go into this any further.
    • Directly following from Statement one is that we'd get a more diverse playerbase. This would in turn (at least in my opinion) improve the overall BG experience, as I would get to fight a bigger variety of builds and would get bored less easily.
    • Having more players play BG's would also make it easier to get the interests of the BG community across. This may not affect the BG experience directly, but I think the higher position on ZOS priority list due to having more players would definitely pay of in the long run.
    • The feasibility of a matchmaking system depends directly on the size of a playerbase. Therefore simply having more players queue for BG's could lead to more balanced matches and therefore a significant increase in the overall quality of BG gameplay.
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZoS devs stated that they eventually plan making BGs part of the base game in the future. No ETA tho, as usual.
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I want more scrubs too kill! open up for the masses please! >:)
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • Zimm
    Zimm
    ✭✭
    ZoS devs stated that they eventually plan making BGs part of the base game in the future. No ETA tho, as usual.

I was unaware but I'm glad to find out, thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Agony - Magicka DK
    Buuch - Stam Nightblade
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every Morrowind owner I know is for making BGs base.

Omg Imagine the player base...

It would be massive....

And so many taters
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every Morrowind owner I know is for making BGs base.

Omg Imagine the player base...

It would be massive....

And so many taters

anyone new to BGs shall therefore be known as a "tater-tot"

homemade-tater-tots.jpg
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've already bought Morrowind, I've been enjoying the no-cp Battlegrounds, it's a breath of fresh air for me as I stopped playing the game for over a year. That being said I really think making Battlegrounds part of the base game should be considered, I'm sure I could find video of them advertising the game before it even came out with their make-shift battlegrounds, I consider that (almost) as advertising Battlegrounds as part of the base game. Besides that, why would we cut out a portion of the population from this? I know I'd like faster queues and I don't have any problem with other people getting for free something I paid for. Please share your thoughts and concerns, this has probably been discussed previously.
    There is well-known practice to open pvp content for free when another dlc releases just to keep player population, but i don't think that ZoS consider such practice: even if people could consider buying DLC's or subscription only if they'll see more balanced BGs than get constantly wiped by whole population zergs in cyro - it's "lost profit" :(
    Imperial City is still behind paywall even with it's completely dead state.
    Edited by Sugaroverdose on March 15, 2018 2:38PM
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1. The price of Morrowind will either hit zero (as a free upgrade) or become dirt cheap to the point that the only people who won't buy it are the people who would have no interest in BG anyway.

2. New players will only be able to buy the game with Morrowind included.

So this is a problem that will go away.
  • Autumnhart
    Autumnhart
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed.
    Shadow hide you.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully:

New Chapter = BGs added to base game
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welp, new chapter = morrowind included in pre-order.

Close enough?
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only got MW for BG, as did most I know but I'm still in agreement, make it base game or at least ESO Plus free.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grimlok_S wrote: »

Close enough?

it actually requires to pay, so no it's not that close as this topic asks
  • Zimm
    Zimm
    ✭✭

Close enough?

it actually requires to pay, so no it's not that close as this topic asks

I do hope it brings in more players, hopefully people waiting on a good deal will find this sufficient, alas I would prefer it be part of the base game.

Agony - Magicka DK
    Buuch - Stam Nightblade
  • Zimm
    Zimm
    ✭✭

Close enough?

I'm not complaining that they included it but I still maintain BGs should be base game.

Agony - Magicka DK
    Buuch - Stam Nightblade