The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is gymarths woe worth it?

huschdeguddzje
huschdeguddzje
✭✭✭✭
Title
Edited by huschdeguddzje on March 3, 2018 5:20PM

Best Answer

• Woefulmonkey
    Woefulmonkey
    ✭✭✭
    Make sure you understand that in game housing basically has no 'practical' in game value... other than the following.

1. ) DPS dummies ... cost about 3K crowns or you need a very high level crafter who has done many master writs and then they cost lots of in game gold to make.... but they do give you a DPS read out to help you analyze you attack patterns.
    2. ) The 'New' storage boxes just introduced... 2K crowns for 60 slot box 1K crowns for 30 slot box... they basically can take the place of 1 mule character and are definitely valuable if you do crafting and want to keep you 'training' gear in a safe place where you won't accidentally 'deconstruct' them. Boxes also require less load screens to transfer items between characters.
    3. ) They are 'Free' waypoints... meaning you can travel to them for free from anywhere... I would highly recommend you at least get the 3 free houses you get at low levels for each 'Faction'... that will give you 3 waypoint you can always travel to and access to parts of the map that take time to get to when you did not start in that faction.

Other than that houses are just 'Doll Houses' you can decorate.... I say that but I had fun for about an hour or 2 decorating my house... just not 100$ of fun.

Houses are not good for hanging out between random daily dungeons because you can't repair your items there. You can get a bank and a merchant set up but that will cost you 100$ in crowns.

Houses are also not good for crafting daily writs, since you cannot start or end your crafting quest from there and you can't travel for free to other waypoints from there (but you can travel for free to other houses). Additionally because houses are 'instanced' the load times for entering and leaving your home are longer that other in game waypoint traveling.

Personally I don't totally regret buying my house... I just wish I had bought a slightly smaller one that was less than half the price.
    Edited by Woefulmonkey on March 6, 2018 12:19AM
    Answer ✓
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you like the house? Does it fit your needs? Is the furnishing limit enough for what you want to do with the house?

Thats how I determine whether or not a house is worth it.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I decided against buying this house because there's a drunk who comes and throws up on your doorstep every five minutes. Just too much like my experience of real life city living :s
    PC EU
  • ArielleJureaux
    ArielleJureaux
    ✭✭✭
    Mistveil Manor has exactly the same floor plan as that house plus a big outbuilding, yard, and porches on both floors with the added bonus of no drunk Nord heaving on your doorstep.
    I have Mistveil Manor. I like the Nord style furniture and lighting. It suits my taste very well. If you like the style but it instead.

• WaterBearer
    WaterBearer
    ✭✭
    I like it for these reasons:

1. It's very urban, seeing as it's nestled in Windhelm (one of my favorite cities), close to the docks -> easy to get to wayshrine & has all the amenities a major city would have in ESO.
    2. It's a cozy cottage-type-feel, like much of Nord architecture. It has two floors, the second level is a bit smaller in area than the first, but only to the point that the stairs need to make negative space to be functional.
    3. It's pretty easy to light with less furnishings despite it's size.

I don't like it for these reasons:
    1. The 'porch' on the second level is a Mario style gag door where you just fall to the first level bc there's nothing there.
  • djyrb
    djyrb
    ✭✭✭
    I bought it as it's the only home in Eastmarch currently, and it's nestled in Windhelm so it has that downtown Nord vibe. Otherwise though, it's nothing to write home about IMO. No real outside area (except for the tiny ledge on the 2nd floor) and not too close to the Windhelm wayshrine either.