Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

A Few Questions from a Nearly-Noob

Sekero
Sekero
✭✭✭
Why does the Imperial horse have a tattoo of an insect on its forehead?
Is there a true BLACK dye in the game that won't cost me my firstborn and an arm and a leg?
Would I be gimped as a stamsorc by using a destroy staff instead of a bow?
Edited by Sekero on March 3, 2018 12:28PM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) idk
    2) coldharbor black ( finish main quest)
    3) highly likely
  • Sekero
    Sekero
    ✭✭✭
    Coldharbour ash black appears as a very dark reddish brown on some of my chars, very dark grey on others, hence the question. So does Thalmor black, by the way.
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Number 3: yes. You regain resources from heavy attacks, and the type of resource depends on the weapon. Destro staves restore magicka, not stamina, so your resource returns will be gimped. Stamina also scales off weapon damage, and destro staves boost magicka damage, not weapon damage. So your damage with stamina abilities will be lower.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Allanm wrote: »
    Coldharbour ash black appears as a very dark reddish brown on some of my chars, very dark grey on others, hence the question. So does Thalmor black, by the way.

There's some fancy thread about but actually depends on material for item on how it dies. But answer still stands. It usually works.
  • Sekero
    Sekero
    ✭✭✭
    Oh well, looks like I'm stuck with that damned bow, then. I wish there was another ranged stamina weapon, though. I guess using a 2 hander instead would not be good either?
  • Sekero
    Sekero
    ✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    There's some fancy thread about but actually depends on material for item on how it dies. But answer still stands. It usually works.

I'm using it on the Covenant Scout costume, which is mostly leather, so I guess that's the problem.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh well, looks like I'm stuck with that damned bow, then. I wish there was another ranged stamina weapon, though. I guess using a 2 hander instead would not be good either?

2 handers are spectacular in PVP, but it will not replace the bow as a ranged weapon and is not the optimal weapon for end-game DPS. If you just want to do overland questing, a 2 hander will be fine.
    Edited by VaranisArano on March 3, 2018 1:14PM
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »

I'm using it on the Covenant Scout costume, which is mostly leather, so I guess that's the problem.

This costume is basically a set of low level breton medium armor, and that style doesnt dye very well... Perhaps making a custom outfit or using a Dark Brotherhood or Thieves Guild costume would solve the issue. :)

If you want to be a stamsorc with a staff, maybe its better to respec to magsorc? You can change attributes in your alliance capital (for example, there are shrines in Elden Root, they are near the wayshrine). Youll still have lightning form and whatnot and you wont have to use bow.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Sekero
    Sekero
    ✭✭✭
    This costume is basically a set of low level breton medium armor, and that style doesnt dye very well... Perhaps making a custom outfit or using a Dark Brotherhood or Thieves Guild costume would solve the issue. :)

If you want to be a stamsorc with a staff, maybe its better to respec to magsorc? You can change attributes in your alliance capital (for example, there are shrines in Elden Root, they are near the wayshrine). Youll still have lightning form and whatnot and you wont have to use bow.

Thanks for the info about the costume, maybe I will just use his armour (Spriggans/Morkuldin) and dye that. I really enjoy stamsorc, and the bow is not cause enough to make me give it up. I'm just not very good with it, so I rely more on DW.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the info about the costume, maybe I will just use his armour (Spriggans/Morkuldin) and dye that. I really enjoy stamsorc, and the bow is not cause enough to make me give it up. I'm just not very good with it, so I rely more on DW.

Yes, bow is mostly used as an off-bar weapon anyway. Volley deals a lot of damage, though, so its very nice to have.
    Theres also an option in settings that makes casting ground aoes easier. Its in "settings>gameplay>quick cast ground abilities". If you set it to "On", your volley/caltrops will fire off as soon as you press the button.
    Edited by LadyNalcarya on March 3, 2018 1:48PM
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Sekero
    Sekero
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you LadyNalcarya. That is one of the major problems I have with the bow, so it's good to know I can do that. You don't know about the insect on the Imperial horse's forehead , do you, perchance?