Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

[Feature Request] Hiding Armor

CeruleanDragon
CeruleanDragon
Soul Shriven
This may seem like a totally stupid idea, but think about it.

We spent time designing these characters, some have awesome body tattoos and scars... And for what? They always end up under Armor or Outfits.

Why can't my run around Tamriel in his birthday suit while still benefiting from armor stats so the game is playable?

This isn't a joke either, I'm serious. Why not? Especially with the outfit system you could hide certain parts but not all of it, etc.

IDK it just seems fun to me. Thoughts?

Also I'm new here, I have no clue if this is the right place for this, feel free to move it.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe they just need to introduce a 'swimsuit' costume to the crown store - a pair of speedos or a bikini. At least that would still be considered 'clothing' instead of running around in your underwear.

PS. for those who don't know, speedos (or budgie smugglers) are effectively a pair of mens briefs made for swimming in.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s a great idea, @CeruleanDragon ... though it’s been brought up in the forums quite a few times already.

ZOS has hinted on adding unique weapon and armor styles to the outfitter. And, it seems like an easy programming change.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on March 2, 2018 3:05AM
  • tonne.backlinderb16_ESO
    This may seem like a totally stupid idea, but think about it.

We spent time designing these characters, some have awesome body tattoos and scars... And for what? They always end up under Armor or Outfits.

Why can't my run around Tamriel in his birthday suit while still benefiting from armor stats so the game is playable?

This isn't a joke either, I'm serious. Why not? Especially with the outfit system you could hide certain parts but not all of it, etc.

IDK it just seems fun to me. Thoughts?

Also I'm new here, I have no clue if this is the right place for this, feel free to move it.

Guess it should be invisible armor then. Otherwise armor that you wear but isn't visible is too unrealistic.
  • boombazookajd
    boombazookajd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, this is a universe that has a lot of silly things in it so the unrealistic part isn't all that big of a deal but if you wan't to run around naked, then be naked. If you don't wear armor you don't get the bonus.

It won't be long before folks want the domihaus or shadowrend look with the skoria set bonus just because of the "look".

There are a few sets that give you a naked look and will allow you to show off your scars and tattoos. If you want to show them off so bad, just unslot the armor covering your ink/scars while you're questing or dueling. In any other content, no one is going to care about your toons body look.
    Drathus Delenu- Dunmer magDk: Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Stormproof, Peak Scaler, Clockwork Confounder, Orderly, Master Wizard, Cloudrest Hero, Undaunted, Dragonstar Arena Champion
    Thoronir Rolston- Breton petsorc: Stormproof
    Zaakazha-Redguard stamblade: Boethia's Scythe, Clockwork Confounder, Maelstrom Arena Champion, Dragonstar Arena Champion

Scrubs:
    Justinius Maximus Decimus- Altmer magblade
    Agronak gro'Mashul- Orc DK Tank
    Valerya Hawkcroft- Breton healer
    Zaaka- Imperial stamDK/crafter

✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS should add now a "Nothing" outfit style motif. Then e.g. making an outfit with Nothing chest will hide the actual one.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [Motif 99: Nothing]

Available in crown store for a limited time.

Price: 25,000 crowns / 10,000 crown gems.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)