Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

PVE & PVP - single or multiple toon?

sinbinner
sinbinner
I'm curious what others are doing with there being no way to save multiple spec's in the game? I prefer to play only one toon and most often healer, but with the differences in PVE and PVP content and needing to change CP between the two, what do you do to compensate? I do not want to have to respec CP everytime I do one other the other. So it seems like the only option is to have multiple toons. What are others doing in this situation?
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have multiple characters but still find myself doing all content with them. It really just depends on how much effort you are willing to give. I'm pretty casual so I don't put time or effort into changing builds around too much.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use one Character & just shuffle gear/skills when switching. Same as above post I'm not too serious so don't need a BiS build or anything :smile:
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Dyride
    Dyride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep my CP setup for PVP. Unless you are running vet Trials, PVE is going to be more forgiving of suboptimal CP setups.

I use the Addon, DressingRoom to swap out gear and skill bars quickly.
    V Є H Є M Є И C Є
      Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
      Solongandthanksforallthef
      Revenge of the Hist
      Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia
    1. TamrielSaviour215
      TamrielSaviour215
      ✭✭✭
      Unfortunately, I dont think what you want is an option. I think what you are asking is if there is a setting where you can save your CP setup so you can switch back and forth between PvP and PvE setups. Thats a great idea, one I am sure has been discussed before. Apart from having different builds, I think the best thing for you to do is to write down the CP setup for both PvE and PvP and you'll just have to change before venturing in to each one. Lame, but about the best option. But as someone else said, if you arent doing vet trials, you can basically leave your CP as a PvP setup and it wont really effect you terribly.
      PS4/NA
      Jasunr Cosmus - Imperial Templar, Supreme Healer of the Cosmos CP 240
      Itzal Siavish - Khajit NB, Thief LVL 38
      Bruxana - Altmer Sorc, Powerhouse DPS Lvl 18
      Torvakor - Redguard Stam Warden Lvl 7
      Langsdon Emerson - Imperial DK Tank - Lvl 31
    2. Brrrofski
      Brrrofski
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Set your champion points up for pvp. Just swap gear and skills (maybe mundus) and you can do most pve content except maybe vet trials.

Tank is a different matter as you usually have points into health. Although most vet 4 man content could easily be done with health glyphs on your tanking armor.

I have 4 pve toons set up, 5 pvp toons set up and 4 toons just to hold all my crap :(
    3. sinbinner
      sinbinner
      Unfortunately, I dont think what you want is an option. I think what you are asking is if there is a setting where you can save your CP setup so you can switch back and forth between PvP and PvE setups. Thats a great idea, one I am sure has been discussed before. Apart from having different builds, I think the best thing for you to do is to write down the CP setup for both PvE and PvP and you'll just have to change before venturing in to each one. Lame, but about the best option. But as someone else said, if you arent doing vet trials, you can basically leave your CP as a PvP setup and it wont really effect you terribly.

No, I already know there is no setting and that it has been suggested to the dev's. I'm just looking to find out what others do since there is no setting. I don't really want to have to have a toon for pvp and one for pve. I haven't done trials only dungeons. So the option of just using your pvp cp in pve sounds like the better plan.
    4. disintegr8
      disintegr8
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I also refuse to have toons allocated for PVP or PVE, so I do both with all characters. It makes little difference to me, I am at best 'mediocre' when compared to good players in either. Trying to be very good in one would mean a sacrifice in the other due to the different gear, skill and CP setups.

I'd love to have the ability (on console) to save multiple CP, Skill and gear setups to aid in switching between the two. In the meantime I have to put up with dying a lot in PVP and not doing hard content in PVE (vet trials, vet DLC dungeons,etc.)
      Australian on PS4 NA server.
      Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
    5. Waffennacht
      Waffennacht
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Do not bring a PvE build to PvP.

Don't drag everyone down with you
      Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
      1300+ CP
      Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    6. Caleb_Kadesh
      Caleb_Kadesh
      ✭✭✭
      It appears I have a different approach then most here. I have different characters for PvP and PvE. Solves the CP dilemma. I also never play a "pure" tank or healer in PvP so I have a "pure" healer and tank for PvE.