The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Game Crashes Frequently on XB1

Thats_So_Wizard
My eso has been crashing at least 3 times an hour and double that while I'm running dungeons anyone else having the same problems?
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My game crashes every day as well although not so much in dungeons, more DLC areas, Cyrodiil, and trials.

What kind of crash is it? Are you being taken back to the ESO title screen or is your Xbox making the stuttering noise and putting you back at the Xbox dashboard?
  • Thats_So_Wizard
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    My game crashes every day as well although not so much in dungeons, more DLC areas, Cyrodiil, and trials.

What kind of crash is it? Are you being taken back to the ESO title screen or is your Xbox making the stuttering noise and putting you back at the Xbox dashboard?

It takes me back to the Xbox home screen
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just get the game freeze, music still playing and all. Happened twice since the update, really infrequent prior.
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »

It takes me back to the Xbox home screen

Yup this is the kind i get.

So i called Xbox support to ask about this a while back and here is what I was told.

When your screen freezes up, makes the stuttering noise and puts you all the way back at the dashboard, this a CODING ERROR. This means that there is nothing we can do on our ends as Xbox players to prevent these crashes. We are at the mercy of ZoS to go back in the code and fix what is causing them. Seeing as how this has been happening since I've started playing the game on Xbox I don't see this ever happening. The Xbox port for this game was completed in a clumsy manner.

Would love to get a response from ZoS about this but its just one more issue they effectively ignore.

• ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Thats_So_Wizard

What troubleshooting have you tried so far?

Some of the troubleshooting found here may help, but if not you can open a ticket with customer support to investigate this further.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • PocketAces13xb
    PocketAces13xb
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @Thats_So_Wizard

Some of the troubleshooting found here may help, but if not you can open a ticket with customer support to investigate this further.

the comment above you states that it is a coding error. What trouble shooting have you tried in an attempt to fix the game for us Xbox users? @ZOS_BillE
    Pocket Aces 13 -Xbox NA
    509cp
    A Single Nut Lvl 50 StamDK
    Lets Get HighElf Lvl 50 MagSorc
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Thats_So_Wizard

the comment above you states that it is a coding error. What trouble shooting have you tried in an attempt to fix the game for us Xbox users? @ZOS_BillE

This response seems to indicate that they do not believe it is a coding error. I would love a technical response from a Dev as to why they do not believe this is so. And I'm not being snarky here I genuinely want to get to the bottom of this issue. My friends and guildmates and i Crash EVERY SINGLE DAY. If it's happening to many players across different locations in the world and different consoles and different ISPs how can this possibly be solved by troubleshooting? Are my two friends in Sweden who are crashing expereinceing the same issue with their console or ISP that is causing myself and others to crash? I find that extremely hard to believe.

That being said, when given troubleshooting options by ZOS I ALWAYS exhaust them all because it is a good way to assure yourself and them that the issue is truly a coding error or bug or what have you. The mods and community reps who offer the trouble-shooting advice are just trying to help and I know they don't have any answers for us beyond trouble-shooting and I am not trying to call them out or harass them in any way as I appreciate that they do. We need a DEV to speak on this issue and why they do not believe coding errors are causing these crashes.
    Edited by Apache_Kid on March 2, 2018 3:57PM
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My issues were resolved with a external SSD. The XBOX1 HDD seems to have massive issues keeping up with loading textures and sound. ESO is a extremely CPU intensive game, combine this with a slow HDD and you got a big problem. This may not of course work for everyone but it did work for me.

Not one crash since installing the game on the external SSD. I did upgrade later to the XBOX1X as well and this made a nice visual difference.

Good luck with your issue.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • Thats_So_Wizard
    @Thats_So_Wizard

I have tried all of the troubleshooting with none of them successful in any way
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Defilted wrote: »
    My issues were resolved with a external SSD. The XBOX1 HDD seems to have massive issues keeping up with loading textures and sound. ESO is a extremely CPU intensive game, combine this with a slow HDD and you got a big problem. This may not of course work for everyone but it did work for me.

Not one crash since installing the game on the external SSD. I did upgrade later to the XBOX1X as well and this made a nice visual difference.

Good luck with your issue.

I wish the SSD solved my problems. I'm on a Xbox one X with SSD and all the SSD did was drastically reduce my load times. I still crash every single damn day.