The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

allow hide helmet to work with outfits

Lynx7386
Lynx7386
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Currently if you use the outfit station to create a look with a helmet, the hide helmet option in collections no longer works to remove your helm.

Personally I like to have my character's helmet on some of the time, but other times I hide it (after all, i and others have spent good money on hairstyles and customization, sometimes we want to see our faces). This used to be possible even with costumes but no longer. Now if you want to remove your helmet you have to go back to an outfit station and hide it - and then when you want to put it back, you have to pay gold again to reapply it.

PS4 / NA
M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *edit for misunderstanding*

So appearance>hats>hide helmet doesn't work if you have a costume helm on?

pretty stupid if that's true

I haven't played with the costume thing yet
    Edited by Katahdin on February 28, 2018 7:15PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    No you don't

It's under appearance>hats>hide helmet

I'm well aware of that. What I'm saying is that it does not remove your outfit helmet when you use it.

This is for console at least, so perhaps its a bug, I don't know if the same issue exists for pc
    PS4 / NA
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It works really oddly on ps4 - I made an outfit with a helmet (apostle) and hid it with the collectable hat because I like having a helmet sometimes too. Then i put a costume over it (for PVP where i needed to wear a tabbard) and my head turned weird and bronze. I had to take off the hide helmet hat to get it to look normal. If the costume I chose had a hat I'm not sure how I could've got rid of it without paying to remove and reapply the outfit head.
    This is exactly how I was worried it would work. It's a shame I was right.
    PS4 EU
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On PC anyway, the Hide your Helm hat (Collections -> Appearance -> Hats -> Hide your Helm) works on both outfits, equipped gear, and costumes. It can be quickslotted.

As for your outfit, you can choose the No helm option to not include a helm, or you can put a helm on the outfit. As long as you have the Collections Hide Your Helm Hat on, if shouldn't show up.
  • ThinkerOfThings
    ThinkerOfThings
    ✭✭✭
    I am on Xbox and had no problem with using the no hat feature found in the hat section of the collectibles, it worked with both my costumes and outfits. Also since it is in the collectables you can hot bar it now.
    "It is very, very sad being mortal. There is happiness, yes. But mostly sadness. As I have said, count only the happy hours." - Vivec
    XBOX - EP: Sen Sadri ( DE NB )
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've had no problem with the feature on my Xbox.

Dug into the new Outfit system last night, and tweaked out the Outfits on two characters.

Quickslotted the "Hide Helm" option, and us it frequently for my RP's. On when my character is out in the wilds "working", off when I'm cruising through a city or other social outpost.

Maybe you're thinking of the helm on a Costume, OP?

twitch.tv/vampire_nox
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!

• Nekharis
    Nekharis
    Soul Shriven
    Ok so I made an outfit, with a helm. I then activated the hide helm from collections on my OUTFIT. my hair disappeared and my head turned bronze. Then I put on my DARK BROTHERHOOD outfit, and it showed up fine with the helmet on. Then I activated hide helm from collections... and again, bronze head with no hair.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nekharis wrote: »
    Ok so I made an outfit, with a helm. I then activated the hide helm from collections on my OUTFIT. my hair disappeared and my head turned bronze. Then I put on my DARK BROTHERHOOD outfit, and it showed up fine with the helmet on. Then I activated hide helm from collections... and again, bronze head with no hair.

Bizarre. I'll have to see if I can replicate that on PC.

So to be clear, you get the bronze head when you have a outfit with a helmet and then use Hide your helm hat from collectibles and when you have on an outfit and then use the Hide your helm hat from collectibles?
    Edited by VaranisArano on February 28, 2018 10:38PM
  • nihirisutou
    nihirisutou
    ✭✭✭
    I had the same issue. Seems like it's PS4 only.

Hide helmet in the outfitting station works, hide helmet for costumes works, but if you have a helmet on your custom outfit and hide it via hats your head turns bronze.
    [PS4/EU]

PSN: Nihirisutou

CP: 650+

FOR THE DOMINION!!
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Nekharis , @nihirisutou You did not mention if you have submitted bug reports, make sure you do. Include screens of the effects and of your Outfitter choices. Might be a particular combination causing it. You might even reference each other as having the same issue to help see what common thing you have that's causing it.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems to take off the helmet without reinstating your hairstyle. I had an outfit with a frostcaster head and hiding the costume head seems to have removed the hood and left it blank where it should have been. I can turn the outfit off and that fixes it but then I also then lose my custom weapon. As well as the head, it looks like it's changed the dye on the costume. The black straps should be white. It also screwed with my characters proportions, she suddenly became really tall with strangely proportioned limbs.

https://ibb.co/caXvNc

(Not sure if my image worked, feels like it's missing a step from my phone!)
    Edited by lillybit on March 1, 2018 1:18AM
    PS4 EU
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like Hide Helm back on Disguises though. Haven't found a way to hide those helms. =(
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So it seems this is just a ps4 bug.
    PS4 / NA
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idinuse wrote: »
    I would like Hide Helm back on Disguises though. Haven't found a way to hide those helms. =(

There isn't one. Its working as intended that you can't hide helms on disguises anymore.
  • nihirisutou
    nihirisutou
    ✭✭✭
    Grimm13 wrote: »

@Nekharis , @nihirisutou You did not mention if you have submitted bug reports, make sure you do. Include screens of the effects and of your Outfitter choices. Might be a particular combination causing it. You might even reference each other as having the same issue to help see what common thing you have that's causing it.

Well I used Hollowjack figured it was a bug and changed. Despite the value of it being solved, I am not really inclined to change it back just for reporting sake and wasting gold on that.
    [PS4/EU]

PSN: Nihirisutou

CP: 650+

FOR THE DOMINION!!