The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Main character seems completely broken after patch...

ZettaVC
ZettaVC
✭✭
Just logged into my main character for the first time after patch on Xbox One EU to find that it is not working properly...

Firstly I had extremely long loading screens to get into deshaan. Even longer than the usual long load screen.

Secondly when I did get in all my menus / quest tracker isn't working at all. I tried re logging and then rebooting xbox.

uj3ylhj95ju2.jpg
tmpmt8jjcfpv.jpg
n1a8nuk33asr.jpg

• LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hard-reset your XBox. Hold the power button down for 5-10 seconds until it turns off, then try again.
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »
    Hard-reset your XBox. Hold the power button down for 5-10 seconds until it turns off, then try again.

Ah yes the good old "have you tried turning it on and off again"

God forbid that it's simply obviously bad coding issues here
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »

Ah yes the good old "have you tried turning it on and off again"

God forbid that it's simply obviously bad coding issues here.
    Of course, but the first thing to establish is whether the problem is with the software or with the hardware.

In order to find and fix a software "bug", the programmer must be able to cause it to occur "at will". They cannot do that if their hardware is working properly and yours isn't.

That said, it might be a Bethesda network / megaserver issue. In that case, they should have received at least ten or twenty reports describing the same, or similar, events and outcomes that you report in the OP. Then it might be an issue with their hardware, not necessarily yours. But they won't go looking for it until they're convinced that it probably isn't a problem with your hardware instead.

So "Hold the power button down for 5-10 seconds until it turns off, then try again." ....

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • ZettaVC
    ZettaVC
    ✭✭
    Hey,

Thanks for the advice. I had a couple of busy days at work and then when I returned the problem seemed to have righted itself so I'm guessing it was my hardware?!

I appreciate the help :)