The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Group buffs

Anazasi
Anazasi
✭✭✭✭✭
I have been testing group buffs pretty heavily since update 17. Obviously healing is still capped at 6, But why are the other buff type abilities? Why would a group ability such as Warden Ice Fortress or the other morph be limited to 6 players? Why would the buff from the warden enchanted spores(i think this is the ability name) only apply minor endurance and minor intellect to 6 players when the tool tip says all allies in front of you? What about Permafrost or the other morph, Warden Ulti, that only provides major protection to 6 players. This stuff really needs to be looked at more thoroughly by the Developers.

The removal of AOE caps was a good move forward, and keeping the secondary effects limited to 6 is probably the best solution to all out armageddon. I can even understand keeping healing capped at 6 however, there are a ton of utility type buffs that need to be included in this so called AOE cap removal. I am certain that there are tons of abilities that provide a primary type of buff that should not have a cap and I am equally sure there are a ton of secondary abilities that should remain with a cap. But ZOS overall simply isn't offering the criteria they used to determine which caps were removed. They said in the patch notes that damage AOE caps were removed. But yet some are still in place... The said secondary effect caps would remain, although it seems some were removed.... Can we simply get a better explanation or a more conclusive criteria list.