The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Motifs not account bound?

Il3rotherhood
Il3rotherhood
✭✭✭
Hello,

I thought I read somewhere before the patch was released that the motifs we learned would be account wide, usable on all characters at outfit stations... Doesn't look like it is. Am I missing something? I must say, if not, it is pretty disappointing...

Best Answer

• Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The answer is yes and no :)

Motifs are accountwide for use in the outfit system, you just need to log into the character(s) with the motifs first.
    For gear crafting, however, they are bound to the character that learned them.
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
      Options
      Answer ✓
    • Faunter
      Faunter
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      When you learn a motif on any character, the collectible for that style becomes available to all your characters at outfit stations.
      Edited by Faunter on February 28, 2018 12:42PM
      Options
    • Il3rotherhood
      Il3rotherhood
      ✭✭✭
      Kendaric wrote: »
      The answer is yes and no :)

Motifs are accountwide for use in the outfit system, you just need to log into the character(s) with the motifs first.
      For gear crafting, however, they are bound to the character that learned them.

Oh okay, I need to log on all my characters first ? :)
      Options
    • joaaocaampos
      joaaocaampos
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      There's a difference between Motif and Outfit Style.
      • Outfit Styles are account bound.
      • Motifs are not account bound.

When one of your characters learns a Motif page, all characters learn the Outfit Style for that Motif.
      Options
    • Doctordarkspawn
      Doctordarkspawn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Basicly, if you intend to craft the item no.

But then again, with the outfit system, why would you anymore?
      Options
    • Asardes
      Asardes
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Motifs are account wide to use in outfits if you have logged the character who knows them beforehand but they are not account wide for crafting purposes. Account bound means that you can't give them to another player or sell them in guild stores, but you can put in your bank and transfer it between your own characters; only motifs obtained via the crown store as legendary quality full books are account bound, but the pages and even full books dropped in game are not.
      Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
      vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
      41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
      Member of:
      Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
      Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
      Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
      Valinor Overflow: Trader
      The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
      Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
      Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
      Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
      Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
      Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
      Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
      Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
      Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
      Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
      Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
      Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
      Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
      Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
      Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
      Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
      Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
      Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
      30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
      Member of:
      Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
      Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
      Options
    • Elsonso
      Elsonso
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Basicly, if you intend to craft the item no.

But then again, with the outfit system, why would you anymore?

Because it is free.

Although, I expect crafting styles to be removed, in favor of the outfit system, in some future update.
      PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
      XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
      X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
      Options
    • Il3rotherhood
      Il3rotherhood
      ✭✭✭
      Asardes wrote: »
      Motifs are account wide to use in outfits if you have logged the character who knows them beforehand but they are not account wide for crafting purposes. Account bound means that you can't give them to another player or sell them in guild stores, but you can put in your bank and transfer it between your own characters; only motifs obtained via the crown store as legendary quality full books are account bound, but the pages and even full books dropped in game are not.

Okay, I understand thank you. My problem seems to be that I haven't logged on my main which knows most of my styles since the update. I guess this will solve my problem at the outfit station :)
      Options