The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Gap closer inside the opponent. unable to do damage without stepping back

Starlight_Knight
Starlight_Knight
✭✭✭✭✭
Not sure if this has been pointed out or if its working as intended - but its not good, Using a gap closer such as Crit rush you end up inside the opponent and are unable to do any forward damage without stepping backwards, this is particularly annoying in pvp when i crit rush someone into a dawn breaker and the dawn breaker goes out through their back and away from my target. its not just dawn breaker, a friend and i tested it, and its the same with light attacks and other skills, the counter is to gap close then step back.
Edited by Starlight_Knight on February 28, 2018 3:20AM
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's even worse for me, i constantly land *behind* the npc/player ...
    :(
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didnt have this bug yet
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »

Yes this has happened to be me a few times in pvp to. especially if they are moving towards you. makes lining burst up very hard.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sounds like an unpleasant thing.

I don't know if its working as intended or if that's a new "function" of gap closers, but it made me think of the issue mentioned in this thread (note, the issue mentioned is not actually an exploit): https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/391301/exploit-can-we-talk-about-that-shady-thing-that-stamina-melee-builds-do/p1
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »

Yep, every single time.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Elder Bugz Online :(
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sounds like an unpleasant thing.

I don't know if its working as intended or if that's a new "function" of gap closers, but it made me think of the issue mentioned in this thread (note, the issue mentioned is not actually an exploit): https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/391301/exploit-can-we-talk-about-that-shady-thing-that-stamina-melee-builds-do/p1

hmm i see, i guess there is a kind of dead spot if you stand inside a player you cant hit them with any directional abilities. seams silly that gap closers are putting you into this dead space though.
  • jbjondeaueb17_ESO
    jbjondeaueb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    With the Templar Charge, i'm more often going behind mobs than on them or in front.
    I think the issue is than when you use a charge ability most mobs go to you because they detect you at the moment you press the charge key, but you end at the point they were when you hit the key, so you go "through" them because you move in one direction and they move in the opposite one. I also think the further away you are from a mob when you charge the more "chance" you have to finish behind him.
    As far as i remember i always had this issue with the Templar Charge. :(
    Pain-Healer - Argonian Templar Healer (EP) - Immortal Redeemer - Gryphon's Heart
    Guild : Ghosts and Goblins Target Dummies
    Players know me as Jeban