The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

16 days left until Scalecaller crates

Geroken777
Geroken777
✭✭✭✭✭
Screenshot_2.png

What do you think?
Edited by Geroken777 on February 27, 2018 8:31PM
The self-righteous shall choke on their sanctimony.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That I don´t like scam crates selling model.
  • Nightfall12
    Nightfall12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mixed feelings….

on one hand we got a couple of free shots at these, and so i built up a nice gem supply, added to previous gem build up from repeats off other free crates. Got one of those motifs i already had so that was worth a chunk of gems.
    Add in some more free ones from the new lvl advisor and i have enough gems to buy a 100 gem tier item.
    I have never really wanted any of the apex mounts yet, so theoretically i should be able to buy the item i want when they release.

On the other hand if there are any free ones, I have to already get all the "trash" stuff i don't want in order to get gems…I know that stuff i cll "trash" will appeal to others and what other call trash is what i want so….gimme your gems i say.

I see the crates like this try and get gems if you don't get what you want. Now i know many others want the stuff that can't be bought, and that is really not a good practice.
    Ummm stuff… about stuff…or something.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Part of me is excited. The other part is just... so... done...
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Finally. And I say that as someone waiting to see if the replace the level advisor crates. Not as someone who plans to buy these things.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • SecretJoy
    SecretJoy
    ✭✭✭
    Finally! I'm really excited about some of the things in the upcoming season.

I know a lot of people have mixed feelings about these crates, but at least most of the items are cosmetic. There are definitely some games out there where the pay to win method has become unbearable.
  • david19979
    david19979
    ✭✭✭
    Ugh, so they will come 3 weeks later that the previous ones
  • Thrandath
    Thrandath
    ✭✭
    Anyone know if the level up rewards that give a crown crate will switch from flame attro crates to the Scalecaller crates when the new ones drop?
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good riddance. They had the worst-looking themed mounts out of all the crates they've made so far. They look like melted cheese beasts.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they dont put outfit slots in those ...
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only Scalecaller Crates I'll be getting is if ZOS does another promotional "kill a monster every day - get a Crown Crate" thing again.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thrandath wrote: »
    Anyone know if the level up rewards that give a crown crate will switch from flame attro crates to the Scalecaller crates when the new ones drop?

ZOS hasn't said either way, but you can bet I'm interested to find out.
  • monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    16 days to long. Just change em now
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    monktoasty wrote: »
    16 days to long. Just change em now

This. These seasons or maybe just this one is way too long.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • OlafdieWaldfee
    OlafdieWaldfee
    ✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    Good riddance. They had the worst-looking themed mounts out of all the crates they've made so far. They look like melted cheese beasts.

None of the top-tier-mounts in any season had any appeal to me so far.
    But your description leaves me wanting for a fire-mount to melt a wheel of cheese into a nice fondue ...

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joining in with the others interested to see if level up rewards change as well.

You would think it would be better to just create a new crate for the level up rewards with a selection of items they wanted to put out rather than have one out dated crate (fire) stay forever or changing it every season.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool. Then how many days left until ANY OFFICIAL INFOS ABOUT THE NEW CHAPTER?!
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's ESO Live this week, we should all just spam chat with "CHAPTER NEWS!" until they tell us something. :tongue:

Edit for clarity.

Edited by Turelus on February 28, 2018 11:06AM
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    free crates weekends are nice, but buying them for real money then later is meh!!
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    ESO Live this week, we should all just spam chat with "CHAPTER NEWS!" :tongue:

Awezome.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    ESO Live this week, we should all just spam chat with "CHAPTER NEWS!" :tongue:

Awezome.
    That's not to say there IS news (realise my post could be taken that way) but to say we can spam them for news.
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Geroken777 wrote: »
    What do you think?

Don't give a flying F$%&. Don't buy them. Never will. Really awful business practice.

Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • huschdeguddzje
    huschdeguddzje
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any news on what crafting motifs they'll put in there?
  • Living_Ded
    Living_Ded
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say I'm skeptically excited? On one hand it's cool and on the other ... crates are just misery. I'd rather just get the things I want with crowns.
    @LivingDed
    necro healer, warden healer, templar healer, stam/magblade
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care much about Crown crates.
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • Shanjijri
    Shanjijri
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will take a look, but I'm not going to buy even one. I already resisted when there was the Dro-m'Athra kitten, I will do one more time if I see something I want.

Not excited at all about the new season. I want more Crown Store cosmetics and less Crown Crates lucky loot.
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I hope to get just junk for once from the free crates - don't like the apex mounts this time. I'd rather just have the gems. Still won't buy a single one.
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only Scalecaller Crates I'll be getting is if ZOS does another promotional "kill a monster every day - get a Crown Crate" thing again.
    Banana wrote: »
    This is a quote from the above referenced forum article:
    Earn Free Crown Crates

If you want a taste of the shadowy powers the new Crown Crate season has to offer, you can earn up to three free Scalecaller Crown Crates simply by playing The Elder Scrolls Online! To acquire these new items, log into the game and defeat any enemy creature (monsters, bosses, or even enemy NPCs) every day, from Friday, March 9 until Sunday, March 11.

Note that for the purpose of this event, each day begins at 12:00AM GMT and ends at 11:59PM GMT (that means it starts at 7:00PM on the previous day, for those on the US East Coast).

You'll be rewarded with a new crate for every day you participate (up to a max of three), and you'll receive all your earned crates on Tuesday, March 13. You will be able to find your free crate in your Crown Crates menu.

PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • BloodWolfe
    BloodWolfe
    ✭✭✭✭
    AlienSlof wrote: »
    Geroken777 wrote: »
    What do you think?

Don't give a flying F$%&. Don't buy them. Never will. Really awful business practice.

I'm with you 100% on that one. Never supported these things and never will. I'll take the free ones but that's about it but I have cancelled my eso+ sub and will no longer buy any crown packs because I am sick of ZO$'s greed! I log in to train my mount on my alt just in the event they change their practices but I won't hold my breath on that one. Monster Hunter World got my money last month instead of ZOS and I've recently re-subbed to FFXIV to satisfy when I want to play an MMO.