The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Multiple Burning Status Effects with 49000 Day Timers

BootyDaddy
BootyDaddy
Soul Shriven
Xbox North America Server: When in Cyrodiil, when in combat, my character continually gets a burning status effect with a 49000 day timer. When I look at my character information after being in battle I will have a burning effect that lasts 49000 Days. The only way to get this removed is to leave Cyrodiil, then Re Que, Usually a 50 person que, then come back in , go get in battle and have it happen again repeatedly. The problem has been happening for over a year. The last 2 weeks i have had as high as 3 Burning Status effects on my character, all with 49000 day timers. Hoping that something can be done about this. Thanks for taking the time.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you actually taking damage from them?

Otherwise, its just a glitch that can be safely ignored.
    Edited by VaranisArano on February 27, 2018 12:39AM
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you actually taking damage from them?

Otherwise, its just a glitch that can be safely ignored.

It Can be ignored but that's easier for some than others. Has been reported many, many times before. It should be safely fixed.
    Edited by Apache_Kid on February 27, 2018 1:04AM
  • BootyDaddy
    BootyDaddy
    Soul Shriven
    Yes, my health bar has arrows moving toward the middle and when I play I can definitely feel the difference. I didnt know if it was reported before but i have been dealing with it for over a year. Its just gets old having to leave and come back again to Cyrodiil with the long que's. It takes away from the gaming experience and flow of the game. More importantly I play a tank and it is hard enough getting hit by 20 guys and trying to stay alive, I dont need unearned multiple burning effects on my character that can't be cleansed. I know it has to be effecting a ton of people because I see it on other peoples health bars out of combat in Cyrodiil. I just wanted to put it out there so that they are aware and hope they can do something about it. Thanks.
  • DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thats called the wrobel debuff
  • langewapper
    langewapper
    ✭✭✭
    happy 5 year anniversary of this bug its now 2023 and still there

keep them burning zos

• madman65
    madman65
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is an old problem that has been around for years. Will it get fixed? You know the answer.
  • madman65
    madman65
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe off the subject but I went into Cyrodiil today, got attacked, died then blood ported to a keep and was still in combat for about 40-45 seconds. This has been around for over a year.
  • biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your campaign isn't pop locked go and see uncle sheo in the volundrung training area, this will remove the "effect" without having to re queue.

If pop locked, you may get stuck there for a while.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as far as i can tell these are only graphical issues

this includes the arrows on the health bar, or cracked health bar if you have a display bug 47000 day major or minor breach

i never pay attention to them and most of the time dont even realize i have any bugged debuffs lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

this includes the arrows on the health bar, or cracked health bar if you have a display bug 47000 day major or minor breach

i never pay attention to them and most of the time dont even realize i have any bugged debuffs lol

There is one that prevents you from sprinting, either on foot or mounted. I forget what it’s called.

That one is definitely for real.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is one that prevents you from sprinting, either on foot or mounted. I forget what it’s called.

ive seen that before too, but not sure if its related to the "infinite" debuff bug

it usually seems to happen if im getting pulled/knocked up and then dying so fast that something is desynced and this will usually persist until i die, or visit the cheesemonger hollow

i havent encountered that one too much, usually seems to happen though when getting pulled by dark convergence and then getting hit with another knockback such as DK leap
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe there are both buffs and debuffs that will keep you from mounting because of being "stuck in combat." I'm not sure whether the burning debuff will do that, but supposing that it does not, if you have trouble mounting while burning then check whether some combat-related buff is still in effect, and if so then wait it out.

For example, I want to say that the buff you get from Battle Rush (the Two-Handed passive skill) that boosts your stamina recovery after killing an enemy will prevent you from mounting up because the game says you're still in combat until the buff expires, although I might be confusing that one with something else.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

ive seen that before too, but not sure if its related to the "infinite" debuff bug

it usually seems to happen if im getting pulled/knocked up and then dying so fast that something is desynced and this will usually persist until i die, or visit the cheesemonger hollow

i havent encountered that one too much, usually seems to happen though when getting pulled by dark convergence and then getting hit with another knockback such as DK leap

The one I experienced is noted in the character screen as a 49k negative status effect, it might have to do with streak if I recall correctly.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Rlacoste
    Rlacoste
    ✭✭✭
    5 yr old bug in ESO? conspiracy theory. I lose 3200HP with the burning effect bug. difficult to enjoy this game to it's full potential. 2 many bugs with core combat, skills and ulti's just not working.

Please fix fix fix