Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Essence Thief

bongtokin420insd16
bongtokin420insd16
✭✭✭✭
so im a Feline undead stamblade.

Last night i ran Tower and got quite a few of the essence thief set. Looks like it could be useful but its not pure WD (Stamina set bonuses too).

So my question is, how useful/efficient is this set? Does the light attack proc happen often enough to make it worth running? Its my first dungeon gear, should i wear it and replace the overland sets i use? (Unfathomable Darkness, Fin's legacy, Swamp raider, Red mountain 4,3,3,2) I run an asylum bow for range DPS but usually end up double duel wield bar.

I'm still quite the noob so be gentle lol.
Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA
  • bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    FYI, i would only use pieces that were divines and impenetrable (2 of each plus a blue Neck)
    Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The issue with that set is that the essence spawns in random and often very inconvenient locations, making the benefit of the set proc a moot point compared to the DPS you lose while going to get the essence.

So a great set in theory, mucked up in practice.
  • Nephimana
    Nephimana
    ✭✭✭
    I know it does aound like a good bonus with the stamina return and healing, but because it is a chance, it does become fickle, unreliable and there are many other sustain sets that squash this and make it useless in comparison. I tried it and the sustain I got over a long fight wasn't very good, other sets far outperformed.
    (A little tip, you said you run 4,3,3,2, I'd recommend you wear full sets like 5,5,2 because you get more bonuses that way and the 5th bonus is always the strongest. For the 2 it's usually a monster set, but if you don't have those yet, use agility or endurance because agility, endurance and willpower give just over double the stats other sets give.)