The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Nightblade - Grim Focus / Executioner Issues - Response from ZOS please?

Supernatural
Supernatural
✭✭✭✭
Since the Dragon Bones DLC launched on PC, there have been some issues with the grim focus ability as well as the executioner passive from the Nightblade Assassination skill line.
  1. Lights attacks registering on impact and not on cast while utilizing merciless resolve. Hopefully, this was addresed in today's patch notes, so kudos to ZOS on that.
  2. Relentless Focus / Merciless Resolve performance in Maelstrom Arena. With the new changes to grim focus and its morphs, all stacks you have built towards the spectral bow will now be removed upon exiting combat. ZOS, however, failed to take Maelstrom Arena into consideration when making this change. In vMA, every time white portals spawn, you are technically out of combat, which means all stacks you have built on the previous wave of adds, or the spectral bow itself if you have it ready, will be removed.
  3. Executioner passive not giving stamina /magicka when killing an enemy with an assassination ability. Pretty self explanatory, you do not get any resources back when killing an enemy with an assassination ability.
Here are the videos, for those interested:
The sad part of the story though, is the fact everything mentioned above has been reported since the very first days of the Dragon Bones DLC, and yet, after two weeks, there has not A SINGLE RESPONSE FROM ZOS about whether there are fixes in the works or not. So please ZOS, could you give us an update on these issues? I honestly do not feel like I am asking for much. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Maelstrom Arena - World's First Nightblade 600k Score - 02/18/2017
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since the Dragon Bones DLC launched on PC, there have been some issues with the grim focus ability as well as the executioner passive from the Nightblade Assassination skill line.
    1. Lights attacks registering on impact and not on cast while utilizing merciless resolve. Hopefully, this was addresed in today's patch notes, so kudos to ZOS on that.
    2. Relentless Focus / Merciless Resolve performance in Maelstrom Arena. With the new changes to grim focus and its morphs, all stacks you have built towards the spectral bow will now be removed upon exiting combat. ZOS, however, failed to take Maelstrom Arena into consideration when making this change. In vMA, every time white portals spawn, you are technically out of combat, which means all stacks you have built on the previous wave of adds, or the spectral bow itself if you have it ready, will be removed.
    3. Executioner passive not giving stamina /magicka when killing an enemy with an assassination ability. Pretty self explanatory, you do not get any resources back when killing an enemy with an assassination ability.
    The sad part of the story though, is the fact everything mentioned above has been reported since the very first days of the Dragon Bones DLC, and yet, after two weeks, there has not A SINGLE RESPONSE FROM ZOS about whether there are fixes in the works or not. So please ZOS, could you give us an update on these issues? I honestly do not feel like I am asking for much. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

All of the issues you mentioned are absolutely problems that need addressed. That said, Gina responded to I believe it was one of LZH's posts about the same issue that they were working on a fix. Furthermore, the light attack registering issue is basically the only thing of substance in today's patch notes. Should they have gone live? Nope, but at least make sure things in caps are true. :)
  • Supernatural
    Supernatural
    ✭✭✭✭

All of the issues you mentioned are absolutely problems that need addressed. That said, Gina responded to I believe it was one of LZH's posts about the same issue that they were working on a fix. Furthermore, the light attack registering issue is basically the only thing of substance in today's patch notes. Should they have gone live? Nope, but at least make sure things in caps are true. :)

ZOS only responsed to the delayed light attack registering and not to the two issues I mentioned. There have been plenty of posts about these two, but ZOS has not ackowneledged anything, after two weeks. And hence, the caps.
    Edited by Supernatural on May 16, 2018 4:19AM
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not sure about those on console so I will find out this week.

Is Siphoning still bugged?

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/382280/siphoning-attacks-extra-animation-na-ps4#latest
    Edited by Koolio on February 27, 2018 4:36AM
  • Supernatural
    Supernatural
    ✭✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »
    Not sure about those on console so I will find out this week.

Is Siphoning still bugged?

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/382280/siphoning-attacks-extra-animation-na-ps4#latest

Think it is working fine on PC.
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For what it's worth, they've gone silent on templar bugs too. So it's not just you nightblades. Misery loves company!
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Supernatural
    Supernatural
    ✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    For what it's worth, they've gone silent on templar bugs too. So it's not just you nightblades. Misery loves company!

What bugs exactly?
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the shadow figure bug fixed on PC with dragonbone?? #consolescrub :-D
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • Supernatural
    Supernatural
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is the shadow figure bug fixed on PC with dragonbone?? #consolescrub :-D

Shadow Image you mean? If so, I do not know, have not used the ability in ages.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stop complaining before they accidentally break it
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Supernatural
    Supernatural
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hollery wrote: »
    Stop complaining before they accidentally break it

I am not complaining, I just want a response. Do not think I am asking for much.
    Edited by Supernatural on March 1, 2018 5:13AM
  • Animus-ESO
    Animus-ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What bugs exactly?

Nothing major, The class is basicly not functioning in extended combat due to animation lock ups, desynced damage and a bunch of other things.
    Dude Where's My Guar?
  • Mic1007
    Mic1007
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What bugs exactly?

Nothing major, The class is basicly not functioning in extended combat due to animation lock ups, desynced damage and a bunch of other things.

Gotta love them Sweeps bugging out. :/
    @Mic1007
    Champion Rank 900+
    DC/AD/EP
    PC NA

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • ol_BANK_lo
    ol_BANK_lo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The light attack thing was addressed and patched.

The out of combat thing is working as intended per ZOS' patch notes. Will they change or modify for better performance in vMA? Don't know. But at the moment it is not a bug.

Not sure about the impale thing,
    Edited by ol_BANK_lo on March 5, 2018 4:05PM
  • ZOS_Mika
    ZOS_Mika
    admin
    We have recently removed a handful of "bump" posts from this thread. Please keep in mind that this is considered spamming by our Community Rules, as posting something like "bump" doesn't tend to foster a meaningful or constructive discussion.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Supernatural
    Supernatural
    ✭✭✭✭

The light attack thing was addressed and patched.

The out of combat thing is working as intended per ZOS' patch notes. Will they change or modify for better performance in vMA? Don't know. But at the moment it is not a bug.

Not sure about the impale thing,

Yeah, the delayed stacking of merciless resolve is fixed indeed, mentioned that in the post.

If grim focus is not properly addresed to work like it used to, it will be but a shadow of its former self in vMA. Like 70% of the time you will not be able to even shoot the bow. Maybe change the way it works inside instances, if that is even possible? Because I am pretty sure the grim focus stacks removal upon exiting combat was meant for PvP in the first place.
  • Supernatural
    Supernatural
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_MikaS wrote: »
    We have recently removed a handful of "bump" posts from this thread. Please keep in mind that this is considered spamming by our Community Rules, as posting something like "bump" doesn't tend to foster a meaningful or constructive discussion.

All of these "bump" posts could have been prevented if we were given a proper update about your plans regarding the issues mentioned in my post.
  • Shyfty
    Shyfty
    ✭✭✭
    It's even got issues in pvp because in some situations the game will decide I am out of combat when one target dies even if another is still alive right next to him and I will lose my stacks :(
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Executioner has been broken since at least November...

We still don't know that it's beeing worked on, BUT a mod trimming posts, means someone at ZoS has at least read this!
    Edited by aeowulf on March 6, 2018 9:31AM
  • Supernatural
    Supernatural
    ✭✭✭✭
    aeowulf wrote: »

We still don't know that it's beeing worked on, BUT a mod trimming posts, means someone at ZoS has at least read this!

They have obviously read most of the reported bugs. The issue is that 90% of the time they do not give any response or update, leaving us in the dark.
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They have obviously read most of the reported bugs. The issue is that 90% of the time they do not give any response or update, leaving us in the dark.

Nightblade in the Darkness, fits!
    for ZOS all problems solved that way^^
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Azurya wrote: »

I got a response on Hemorrhage not working on heals, here, https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4917078/#Comment_4917078. But I think they meant the 3% weapon crit part, apparently that procing on crit heals was a bad thing so they broke the 10% CHD part working on heals as well. Very frustrating and a huge blow to nightblade healers.
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I got a response on Hemorrhage not working on heals, here, https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4917078/#Comment_4917078. But I think they meant the 3% weapon crit part, apparently that procing on crit heals was a bad thing so they broke the 10% CHD part working on heals as well. Very frustrating and a huge blow to nightblade healers.

Don't you mean to THE nightblade healer? :D Still waiting to see my first one in action...
  • getemshauna
    getemshauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    >Meaningful and constructive post about current nightblade bugs.<
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by getemshauna on March 6, 2018 5:03PM
    Founder of Call of the Undaunted
    Youtube Channel
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What bugs exactly?

Seems like everyone is forgetting that CP DMG mitigations stars are reducing more dmg on DnB sweeps/jabs than CWC sweeps+jabs.

Also the snare effect in the last hit is dodgable yet wardens shalks armor debuff is undodgeable.

Both of which received similar zos "let's forget these exist and maybe we don't have to work on them" responses.

Terrible bugs suck :(
    Edited by Minno on March 6, 2018 5:20PM
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pretty please can we get a fix for this next monday?
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Don't you mean to THE nightblade healer? :D Still waiting to see my first one in action...

Been playing around with a nightblade healer again for a few weeks now. Used to play one a couple years ago. But I’m once again surprised at how amazingly fun they are. And between refreshing path, mutagen, and funnel, you don’t have to do much more. You don’t have breath, but Healing Ward is enough of a shield to save someone while your hots bring them to full health.

In my opinion, a nightblade healer is more effective for 4 man dungeons because you heal while damaging. The more damage you the more you heal basically. It’s like having an extra dps. I’d love to give vDSA a go soon. I’ve also had some success with it in pvp, too. I still need more practice with it in pvp, but if you like playing a hybrid healer / dps, the a nightblade is a fun choice.
  • getemshauna
    getemshauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bump
    Founder of Call of the Undaunted
    Youtube Channel
  • Love Wizard
    Love Wizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bumping this aswell, requires some attention.
    @IWM - EU - Member of Hodor
    Mashinate - Highelf Nightblade (Inactive)
    Love Wizard - Dunmer Dragonknight (Inactive)
    Godblade - Highelf Nightblade (Active)
    Mashixo - Dunmer Sorcerer (Inactive)
    Hjelmi's Sister - Dunmer Nightblade (Inactive)
    Mashiex - Orc Nightblade (Active)
    Beaminate - Dunmer Templar (Inactive)
    Kittynate - Khajiit Nightblade (Inactive)
    Godmancer - Orc Necromancer (Active)

Server: EU || Guilds: Hodor & Banana Squad || Previously Zerg Squad || Nightblade Lover

Scores: vMoL - 170840 | vSO - 177392 | vHRC - 159696 | vHoF - 221111| vAS - 115810| vCR - 132661 | vBP - 101083 | vSS - 247438

Achievements: Tick Tock Tormentor x3 - Immortal Redeemer x6 - Gryphon Heart x5 - The Unchained x1 - Godslayer x1

Worlds First Vet Maw of Lorkhaj Clear (Hodor! & Hodor!)
    Worlds First Vet Halls of Fabrication HM Clear - Worlds First vHoF Speedrun(Hodor!)
    World Record for All Trials Pre Thieves Guild Patch (Hodor!)
    Worlds First Tick Tock & Disassembly General (No death speedrun HM vHoF)
    Worlds First vAS Hardmode
    Worlds First Cloudrest clear, and hardmode
    Worlds First Cloudrest HM Nodeathspeedrun (Gryphon Heart)
    Worlds First Blackrose Prison clear
    Worlds First "The Unchained" title (vBP speedrun, nodeath, no sigils)
    World Record for all the Trials (Murkmire)
    Worlds First Godslayer
  • Supernatural
    Supernatural
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like we will have to wait until June, feels bad..
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gonna re-bump this
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade