The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Weapon Swap Bug (animation)

BaylorCorvette
BaylorCorvette
✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone else having an issue when you weapon swap to a different bar it will cosmetically keep the other bars weapon? For instance, I use 2H and Dual Wield and when I switch from my 2H bar to my dual wield bar my characters right hand will be holding the 2H sword and the left hand looks like he's holding something but you don't see anything. Then, sometimes when the dual wield swords are displayed correctly and I change back to my 2H bar it shows my character in the 2H stance like he's trying to hold a single 2H weapon but cosmetically he's holding two dual wield weapons together.

I really only PvP, so I do not know if this is just a Cyrodiil issue or not. Also, I'm on PC NA.
Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
Founder of Dominion Special Forces
YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
DC Zerg Busting
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah it sometimes happens and its very annoying. Dunno what triggers it though.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Rebirthment
    Rebirthment
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same. Except sometimes i can't switch my bar again for a few seconds or there is a delay again.
  • Parvati_OAC
    Parvati_OAC
    ✭✭
    This was happening in every boss fight for me last night.... annoying. Please fix this.
    GT: Crutchboy1
    Xbox One - NA Server

Neia Coralei 50 // Stamina Nightblade
    Parvati Shallowe 50 // Stamina Warden
    Dask'omir 50 // Magica Nightblade
    Stormey 50 // Magica Templar
    Reftlin 50 // Magica Sorcerer
    Jho'zaine 50 // Stamina Templar
    K'iera 50 // Stamina Dragon Knight
    Z'andor // Stamina Sorcerer
    A'rtemsia 50 // Magica Dragon Knight

CP: 750
  • rustudah
    rustudah
    ✭✭
    I too face this problem. On my templar this happened when wearing an outfit but is overridden by costume. Not sure if it is caused by just the outfit or a combination of outfit and costume. Prolly narrowing down the scenario will help devs fix this, cause good god it is unplayable with this bug especially in pvp.
    PC/NA | CP 1300+
    Nord Stamina Dragonknight - PVP
    High Elf Magicka Sorcerer - PVE DPS
    Nord Stamina Nightblade - PVP
    Nord Stamina Sorcerer - PVP
    Argonian Dragonknight - PVE TANK
    Breton Magicka Nightblade - PVP
    Argonian Magicka Templar - PVE HEALER
    Redguard Stamina Sorcerer - PVE DPS
    Breton Magicka Templar - PVE DPS
    Khajiit Stamina Nightblade - PVP
    Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - PVP
    Nord Stamina Warden - PVP
    High Elf Magicka Warden - PVP
    Orc Stamina Templar - PVP
    Breton Magicka Sorcerer - PVP
    Khajiit Magicka Necro - PVE DPS
    Nord Necromancer - PVP
  • Lunaryx
    Lunaryx
    ✭✭
    From what I can tell, this is caused by the outfit station cosmetics. Did a test on several characters that I hadn't used the station on yet, and their weapon bar swap was optimal. As soon as I dyed a weapon, I got both the bar swap delay and animation delay. This should have been caught on the PTS but apparently they were busy doing less important things.
  • Lunaryx
    Lunaryx
    ✭✭
    Okay, just did a little more testing. I was able to get around both the bar swap delay and animation swap delay by first, making the outfit, than changing back to "No Outfit", than changing to "Outfit 1" via the collections tab in the menu. Not sure if this was brought up on the PTS or not, but it is directly linked to the outfit station itself. And @rustudah ... I use costumes on all of my characters, so it definitely isn't that.
  • del9
    del9
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lunaryx wrote: »
    From what I can tell, this is caused by the outfit station cosmetics. Did a test on several characters that I hadn't used the station on yet, and their weapon bar swap was optimal. As soon as I dyed a weapon, I got both the bar swap delay and animation delay. This should have been caught on the PTS but apparently they were busy doing less important things.

I haven't visited an outfit station since update and I am having this problem persistently. Not only do the weapons show opposite, but it often comes with bar swap delay. I've only used costumes and skins. Problem is worse in BG - almost unplayable for me, but exists in Cyro as well.
    PCNA

• Lunaryx
    Lunaryx
    ✭✭
    Hmmm... that's odd. Didn't notice any of these problems until I went to the outfit station. Wondering if the problems are related to server overload than. Though I noticed this DLC patch fixed a problem I have of slow loading NPCs that CWC introduced, so it might not be the same problems for everyone.
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried last night without any outfit and I still had the problem.

Even more annoying is, I switched to my 2H bar (it looked like I was still in dual wield) and I tried casting dizzying swing it telegraphed even through it looked like I had my dual wield swords out. Well then after about 30 minutes of PvP it stopped telegraphing the dizzying swing however it still executed the ability. So in Cyrodiil when targets are moving around and I'm trying to cast that ~1 second dizzying swing I don't know if they break its LoS or not since the telegraph isn't happening. So frustrating.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_Wrobel is anything being working on the fix this??
    DC Zerg Busting
  • rustudah
    rustudah
    ✭✭
    Yes.... ZOS please let us know on the ETA of fix. It is pretty clear that there are 2 different algorithms one for swapping skill bars, another for the visual weapons and one of them must be failing so there is a mismatch. because when this happens again, my bars will go back to usual.
    PC/NA | CP 1300+
    Nord Necromancer - PVP
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it is occurring with all weapon types, since this patch. I have my bow up, then trying to swap to a 2H, but the bow still showing, and at times, the bow will move under my feet when I move. Practically, I'm running on top of my bow. Another example, I have my S&B up and trying to swap to 2H, but the S&B still showing; yet, I am executing 2H moves/skills without the 2H animation, while still holding onto the S&B. Occurring with DW as well. Only when you wayshrine/travel elsewhere, then, it reset.
  • DemonDruaga
    DemonDruaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm having this issue too on all toons !
    Special note: Sometimes it displays my chosen outfit on bar 1,when swapping to bar 2 it will not show the outfit at all, just the regular equipment.

And like mentioned above,it happens even without a selected outfit.
    Greets
    Edited by DemonDruaga on March 4, 2018 8:12PM
    Ardor // Dunkelsicht // Pakt
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This has been happening once (sometimes more) in almost every BG I've played since the DBones patch.

It's EXTREMELY disruptive because I take visual cues from my character model when assessing which bar I'm on. And during swap-intensive fights, combined with lag and poor CC break reliability, I'll frequently end up casting the wrong skills on the wrong bar.

PC/NA. This has been happening without any outfit equipped, nor any costumes/hats, either.
    Edited by TheYKcid on March 5, 2018 9:43PM
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any idea if this mornings patch fixed it? I haven't had a chance to get on yet. It looks like they addressed some bugs but their descriptions are a bit vague..
    DC Zerg Busting
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I finally played last night and the weapon swap animation bug is still in game. Happened within 20 minutes of PvPing in Cyrodiil. Super annoying!
    DC Zerg Busting
  • rustudah
    rustudah
    ✭✭
    Yeah it feels really ridiculous when i die in 1v1 because of this bug.
    This bug is bound to happen repeatedly in the same session, but there are couple of things we can try to alleviate the pain temporarily till it happens again.

Option 1: Reload UI

Option 2: cast a skill and bar swap almost instantly and you can recreate the bug, ergo weapons go back to normal. This just means that the server cannot handle the bar swap as fast as it can be casted. Makes me wonder why it would let the bar swap happen so fast in the first place.
    PC/NA | CP 1300+
    Nord Necromancer - PVP
  • Criznoks
    Criznoks
    I am still having this issue. Has anyone figured it out because Bethesda cannot.
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, even coming against unarmed opponents in pvp
  • rustudah
    rustudah
    ✭✭
    Ok, this seems to have been fixed now on PC NA. My skill bar still toggles back when I bar swap too fast but atleast now the weapon cosmetic always aligns properly to the skill bar.
    I will wait for someone else to also confirm that the original reported bug is now fixed.
    PC/NA | CP 1300+
    Nord Necromancer - PVP
  • rustudah
    rustudah
    ✭✭
    Never mind, this still seems to be happening in Cyrodiil.
    PC/NA | CP 1300+
    Nord Necromancer - PVP
  • rustudah
    rustudah
    ✭✭
    I am gonna go ahead and get it off my chest, I dont care if I get banned from forums (Honestly whats the point in forums if you dont consider it anyway, waste of everybody's time).. YOU NEED FIX THIS S***. SERIOUSLY.. ITS RUINING PVP. Thats the minimum I would expect from paying for a sub, that is - GAME SHOULD WORK AS IT IS INTENDED, not some weird pets and mounts. Even most of those costumes/pets/mounts look lame. Such a rush in getting people's money, you need to prioritize stuff properly. Your events can wait a week, your houses can wait a week. Just post one message saying, WE FIXED THESE BUGS and see how much positive response you will get from community.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_Wrobel
    PC/NA | CP 1300+
    Nord Necromancer - PVP
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rustudah wrote: »
    I am gonna go ahead and get it off my chest, I dont care if I get banned from forums (Honestly whats the point in forums if you dont consider it anyway, waste of everybody's time).. YOU NEED FIX THIS S***. SERIOUSLY.. ITS RUINING PVP. Thats the minimum I would expect from paying for a sub, that is - GAME SHOULD WORK AS IT IS INTENDED, not some weird pets and mounts. Even most of those costumes/pets/mounts look lame. Such a rush in getting people's money, you need to prioritize stuff properly. Your events can wait a week, your houses can wait a week. Just post one message saying, WE FIXED THESE BUGS and see how much positive response you will get from community.

Cannot agree with this more. The animation bug from bar swapping is easily the largest issue I have with the game currently. Not class balance, not crown crates, FIX THE ANIMATION BUG PLEASE! Can we at least get confirmation from someone within ZoS that they actually acknowledge that they know this bug exists? I have yet to even see that and there are several different posts regarding this bug.

DC Zerg Busting
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happens maybe 5% of the time when bar swapping, tends to be when I quickly swap bar to cast an ultimate or vigor then back again.

After this it will either permenantly be the same weapon (2H on each bar), or will be the wrong weapon.
    Edited by Sparr0w on March 21, 2018 10:29AM
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Criznoks
    Criznoks
    Can we get a response from a Dev please?
  • splitsand
    splitsand
    ✭✭✭
    Would love an official response!
  • Anomanderake
    This glitch is still running, and pvp is nearly umplayable. We really need a sign of sort by developers, at least.
    Edited by Anomanderake on March 27, 2018 4:00PM
  • rustudah
    rustudah
    ✭✭
    Keeping the post alive.. players and devs alike
    PC/NA | CP 1300+
    Nord Necromancer - PVP
  • Anomanderake
    Have someone linked this bug to a specific addon? Costumer service keeps telling me to repair installation and remive addons, but it’s not working.
    Edited by Anomanderake on March 31, 2018 7:42AM
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not a bug it's new weapons!
    I have a mace that shoots arrows! But I don't know wtf my bow is doing
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have someone linked this bug to a specific addon? Costumer service keeps telling me to repair installation and remive addons, but it’s not working.

I do not think so. I've tried disabling addons, running without outfits, changing graphic settings and nothing.
    DC Zerg Busting