The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

No Sorrel Horse? Dang level up adviser restriction

crimsonborn
crimsonborn
Soul Shriven
I started playing in December 2017 and got up to level 13 and stopped playing for about a month. One of my main goals was to buy the 10k horse and was about half way there. I comeback today to find out I cannot get the horse for my main and only character. What am I to do? Restart fresh and screw what progress Ive made so far? With items and gold (prob acc wide but still) WHY cant I just buy the horse if I happen to be above the level cap that receives it as a reward? Now my goal is stretched to 4 times the amount needed to get a horse. I want to travel in game faster and its so unfair to just off the cut new players. At least allow a longer grace period to buy the horse ;/ Super frustrating update.
  • ascan7
    ascan7
    ✭✭✭
    Just level up a new character to 10? Shouldn't be that hard
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The good news is that your main will be eligible for all the other decent level up advisor loot.

Having alts is handy...if it were me, I’d make one just for the horse. Send them to alikr desert to run with the dolmen Zerg. This would level you to ten in like an hour.

Then down the road the alt can be useful for a variety of things possibly. You might want to practice on another class. Or they can do writs and make some money. They can be your crafter if you don’t want your main investing skill points for that. Or they can simply hold stuff, which in itself is a good reason to have an alt.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ascan7 wrote: »

agree.gif
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Others have said it. I'll repeat it. Start a new character and level it to 10. You can even delete that character afterward if you have no interest in alts.
  • crimsonborn
    crimsonborn
    Soul Shriven

Big ol Oooo moment. Wasnt aware lol.
    davey1107 wrote: »
    The good news is that your main will be eligible for all the other decent level up advisor loot.

Having alts is handy...if it were me, I’d make one just for the horse. Send them to alikr desert to run with the dolmen Zerg. This would level you to ten in like an hour.

Then down the road the alt can be useful for a variety of things possibly. You might want to practice on another class. Or they can do writs and make some money. They can be your crafter if you don’t want your main investing skill points for that. Or they can simply hold stuff, which in itself is a good reason to have an alt.

Thank you for being in depth with this info. Shoulda checked what can be transfered between Alts. For sure will make one to try out another class and my Inv always is full as well. Really good to know all that you can do. Shoulda used gw2 logic lol. :smile:
    SirAndy wrote: »

agree.gif

:wink:
    Others have said it. I'll repeat it. Start a new character and level it to 10. You can even delete that character afterward if you have no interest in alts.

:blush:

• Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for being in depth with this info. Shoulda checked what can be transfered between Alts. For sure will make one to try out another class and my Inv always is full as well. Really good to know all that you can do. Shoulda used gw2 logic lol. :smile:

Most of the level up rewards will be character bound. But the horse and storage chest will be for the whole account as well as a few other items. Pretty much all of the items in this game, when bound, are bound to account, not character.
    Edited by Anotherone773 on March 1, 2018 2:01PM
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Legit bought 4 friends who are new horses, then a week later they'd get them for free anyway :lol:
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • pdinklag
    pdinklag
    Soul Shriven
    Same issue as the original poster and I consider it a bug.

If they decide to get rid of the sorrel horse as a purchase option and claim that you get it for free, then you should get it for free, even if afterwards. That goes for all rewards up to the level you're at, but it's especially bad for this mount because it takes quite a bit to amount to that much gold in the early game, and now that I finally got there, I have no way to get a mount (next option is 42K, which is totally unrealistic at my state).

Is this also the official solution? Has there been any word?

I'm not the typical MMO player who wants to maintain 5 characters that support each other in strange ways. Getting to level 10 means hours of gameplay / farming - only to delete the character after. That's not how I like to play RPGs at all.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI it's not just the sorrel horse - anything that goes into the Collections menu will be available to all your characters, no matter which one unlocked it.

(The exception is some hairstyles, accessories and body markings - technically they're available but they're only useable on certain races - for example my breton can see all the argonian hairstyles but cannot equip any of them.)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Dragath
    Dragath
    ✭✭✭✭
    pdinklag wrote: »
    Same issue as the original poster and I consider it a bug.

If they decide to get rid of the sorrel horse as a purchase option and claim that you get it for free, then you should get it for free, even if afterwards. That goes for all rewards up to the level you're at, but it's especially bad for this mount because it takes quite a bit to amount to that much gold in the early game, and now that I finally got there, I have no way to get a mount (next option is 42K, which is totally unrealistic at my state).

Is this also the official solution? Has there been any word?

I'm not the typical MMO player who wants to maintain 5 characters that support each other in strange ways. Getting to level 10 means hours of gameplay / farming - only to delete the character after. That's not how I like to play RPGs at all.

yes, this is the official solution, and leveling to level 10 takes a few minutes if you skip the tutorial. just ask a friend to help you.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also... if you haven't played for a long time... getting to level 10 is way faster than before. Recently they adjusted the XP curve so the beginning levels take less xp to achieve, and it was offset that the later levels take more XP than they used to.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord