The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

For new NB's no CP BG's

magictucktuck
magictucktuck
✭✭✭✭✭
Here is a build and some gameplay for a NB build where all the gear is easily obtainable and it works great, perfect if you're a new NB and want to be in medium and do well against the heavy lames.

Thanks guys!

https://youtu.be/SCQnFcvGawk

https://youtu.be/ljRig-fn5SI
PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    To be honest stamblades are the new lames, they are everywhere, they all do the same trick and they are boring as hell.

But hey, thats just an opinion.

An opinion from 2000 hours of open world PvP.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on February 26, 2018 8:19AM
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest stamblades are the new lames, they are everywhere, they all do the same trick and they are boring as hell.

"New" lames. They have been everywhere for the last few years. Maybe not constantly top dog, but always top 3.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • MrDenimChicken
    MrDenimChicken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamblades arent as strong as they were when viper/velidreth/selene's were still overperforming.

Now it seems like stamdens and magplars (at least on console CP) are all the rage.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamblades arent as strong as they were when viper/velidreth/selene's were still overperforming.

Now it seems like stamdens and magplars (at least on console CP) are all the rage.

On PC Its a mixed bag, but every 3 person out of 5 is a damn nightblade, and they still complain about the other 2 that still havent rerolled to one. Which to me is ridicilous.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on February 26, 2018 8:04AM
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s the same on console and all the magplars I see are healbots even the small group ones which is nothing to rage about since they’re reduced to the role they had before when people barely played them. Stamdens are actually rare to see now, the hype is dying down. In open world I’m one of the few stamdens running around it seems.

Stamblades has been one of the most played classes , them and sorcs for years. That hasn’t changed, it’s times I literally run into Zergs of nbs.
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭

On PC Its a mixed bag, but every 3 person out of 5 is a damn nightblade, and they still complain about the other 2 that still havent rerolled to one. Which to me is ridicilous.

Those are stamblades, don't you soil the name of my beautiful magblade. :)
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Datthaw wrote: »

Sorry man, the days of magblades being very rare are long over.

I still enjoy fighting magblades more than the no skill easy mode abomination that is called magsorc.
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Datthaw wrote: »

Magblade is meta in PvE so it's only logical that they're popular in PvP now as well. Buncha new rerolls this patch too it seems. It's also sad cause magblades are superior to any other magicka class in PvE which is why we'll get nerfed soon^tm
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s ok everyone has an opinion. I’ve logged just as many if not more solo only pvp hours and I don’t feel that way, but I main a nb. You probably play a style I consider lame. That being said I’ve logged a lot of hours on playstyles I don’t care for now
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

• magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s the same on console and all the magplars I see are healbots even the small group ones which is nothing to rage about since they’re reduced to the role they had before when people barely played them. Stamdens are actually rare to see now, the hype is dying down. In open world I’m one of the few stamdens running around it seems.

Stamblades has been one of the most played classes , them and sorcs for years. That hasn’t changed, it’s times I literally run into Zergs of nbs.
    I agree there are a lot of NBs but even when i played mostly sorc or stamplar NBs were bassically as low as it gets on my worry meter, seems like mostly casuals think they sound cool but they are easy to kill.

BUT good NBs can be really good. just that most are not

EDIT: so its silly people complain that about the few good ones, but i guess that can be said about sorcs or anything really. that's why people complaint about heavy armor heal bots. you can be bad and still live long enough to have your friends come help. or stack 4 together and cant doing anything but get whittled down with heal debuffs
    Edited by magictucktuck on February 26, 2018 2:13PM
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

• Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

That’s ok everyone has an opinion. I’ve logged just as many if not more solo only pvp hours and I don’t feel that way, but I main a nb. You probably play a style I consider lame. That being said I’ve logged a lot of hours on playstyles I don’t care for now

Lets be clear that I'm not trying to hate you or nightblades here, but Calling heavy armor in general ''lame'' while playing the single most popular class in the game isn't really a good way of getting popular you know.

Unless you want to get the attention of the ''heavy armor OP'' crew that hate all diversity no matter what.
    Then it is a very good idea I guess o:)

Edited by Ragnarock41 on February 26, 2018 2:56PM
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lets be clear that I'm not trying to hate you or nightblades here, but Calling heavy armor in general ''lame'' while playing the single most popular class in the game isn't really a good way of getting popular you know.

Unless you want to get the attention of the ''heavy armor OP'' crew that hate all diversity no matter what.
    Then it is a very good idea I guess o:)

I didn’t think you were lol. Just showing you there is two sides to that argument. Just as many people think heavy armor meta is cheese as as do people who think stealthing as a defense mechanic is cheese also.

I just said lame because it’s not my preferred playstyle. Just in good fun. I don’t hate on people ingame for how hey like to play. When I get bored of nbs I’ll play my dk in heavy for a bit. It’s a game
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guys, stop pretending like Nightblade of either variety is hard to play
    Edited by Lexxypwns on February 26, 2018 3:57PM
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

I agree.
    No class is hard to play after dedicating some time.
    It's an mmo, not a competitive fighting game.
    Edited by Ariades_swe on February 26, 2018 4:02PM
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree.

I agree with that also, but that doesn't mean that 90 percent of the playerbase has no idea what they are doing.

EDIT: but something easy for us doesn't mean EVERYONE thinks its easy. someone in the Olympics thinks there sport is easy but some people just have no balance and cant do it.
    Edited by magictucktuck on February 26, 2018 4:24PM
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I agree.

That’s correct, but also Nightblade isn’t the hardest class, both magika and stamina NBs are super duper easy to play compared to Stam DK or Stam sorc for example
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree.

That’s correct, but also Nightblade isn’t the hardest class, both magika and stamina NBs are super duper easy to play compared to Stam DK or Stam sorc for example

that's an opinion.

I run into more skilled sorcs and dks than nbs. now I do think NB is easier because it just fits how I play, it was easier for me to get flawless conqueror on my stamina nb than my magicka sorc but most people had the opposite problem. so while WE think its easier its not a fact, or apply to most of the population

don't get me wrong i have no problem with what you think, but you cant just pretend like that is how everyone plays and how everyone thinks. you are not saying anything fact based. maybe I'm reading you wrong but it just sounds silly they way its coming off
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I agree.

that's an opinion.

I run into more skilled sorcs and dks than nbs. now I do think NB is easier because it just fits how I play, it was easier for me to get flawless conqueror on my stamina nb than my magicka sorc but most people had the opposite problem. so while WE think its easier its not a fact, or apply to most of the population

don't get me wrong i have no problem with what you think, but you cant just pretend like that is how everyone plays and how everyone thinks. you are not saying anything fact based. maybe I'm reading you wrong but it just sounds silly they way its coming off

It’s an opinion based upon the toolkit. No other class has all the tools available to NBs of either variety. They’re by far the strongest class in the game, when taking magika and stamina variants into account, and pretending that playing the strongest available class is “hard” is laughable
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree.

that's an opinion.

It’s an opinion based upon the toolkit. No other class has all the tools available to NBs of either variety. They’re by far the strongest class in the game, when taking magika and stamina variants into account, and pretending that playing the strongest available class is “hard” is laughable

lol you realize you can name any class and shed a OP light on it. now you really sound ignorant. But everyone complains about classes they have trouble fighting. i could say TOOLKIT about EVERY class and say its the best class.

sorcs have better burst. templars have op healing. dks are to tanky and perma root no skilz

I mean seriously. if you hate NB's thats cool, but to pretend like you know what your talking about is laughable/ and flat out just not an arguement.

at least from what you have said so far, you should probably just go be negative in some other thread.
    Edited by magictucktuck on February 26, 2018 6:27PM
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

• CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree.

that's an opinion.

lol you realize you can name any class and shed a OP light on it. now you really sound ignorant. But everyone complains about classes they have trouble fighting. i could say TOOLKIT about EVERY class and say its the best class.

sorcs have better burst. templars have op healing. dks are to tanky and perma root no skilz

I mean seriously. if you hate NB's thats cool, but to pretend like you know what your talking about is laughable/ and flat out just not an arguement.

at least from what you have said so far, you should probably just go be negative in some other thread.

He mains a nb.

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I agree.

that's an opinion.

He mains a nb.

Quoted for truth. There’s rarely a fight I don’t feel like I have control of either.

@magictucktuck both varieties of Sorcs have lower burst than both forms of NB. MNB has a better root than either DK. I’ll concede Healing is strong but NB has better healing than most specs in game... and with shadow image fixes NB is the best class for kiting. Mageblade is the best bomber, stamblade the best ganker, etc
    Edited by Lexxypwns on February 26, 2018 6:54PM
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @lexxypwns

Paper and practice are totally different beasts.

Nightblades i would argue have about the same "burst" as a sorc. But sorc has more survivability since the more damage they have by boosting magicka the more damage they have. even if stamina NB had MORE it still cripples our survivability by getting to that point witch means more micro managing resources which most people suck at.

stamina NB has the same healing as every other stamina class, so maybe youre talking about magicka? I didn't realize we were debating about them.

shadow image sure is great if you're magicka or drop cloak. most stamina players don't use it since we need magicka for cloak and fear. i think ive seen 1 stamina nb in a year using it. (surprisingly it was this weekend lol) if your magicka it can be good, but i still rarely see people use it efficiently since its telegraphed and everyone knows where you're going. where every sorc and their mother can shield and streak with stun applied

and i would also argue any class can gank well except maybe sorc, they can but not as proficient.

--like i said nightblade are good if you can use it right but everything your saying is an opinion which lots of people wouldn't agree with. you're welcome to your own opinion but just don't pretend like its fact and put people down when they have a different one.

like i said before you can make any class look good on paper, but choosing to ignore that everything you said mostly applied to magicka nb and most people would agree that magicka nb is the hardest class in pvp aside from perma cloaking (not fighting) and talking about skills that yeah sound good but in practice most people just suck with them and there is a EASIER alternative in other classes, i still feel the same way. NB's are really good in the right hands, and not so good in most hands.

same goes for all classes, they can all be good in the right hands, some just are easier for newer players
    Edited by magictucktuck on February 26, 2018 7:25PM
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @lexxypwns

Nightblades i would argue have about the same "burst" as a sorc. But sorc has more survivability since the more damage they have by boosting magicka the more damage they have. even if stamina NB had MORE it still cripples our survivability by getting to that point witch means more micro managing resources which most people suck at.

stamina NB has the same healing as every other stamina class, so maybe youre talking about magicka? I didn't realize we were debating about them.

shadow image sure is great if you're magicka or drop cloak. most stamina players don't use it since we need magicka for cloak and fear. i think ive seen 1 stamina nb in a year using it. (surprisingly it was this weekend lol) if your magicka it can be good, but i still rarely see people use it efficiently since its telegraphed and everyone knows where you're going. where every sorc and their mother can shield and streak with stun applied

and i would also argue any class can gank well except maybe sorc, they can but not as proficient.

--like i said nightblade are good if you can use it right but everything your saying is an opinion which lots of people wouldn't agree with. you're welcome to your own opinion but just don't pretend like its fact and put people down when they have a different one.

like i said before you can make any class look good on paper, but choosing to ignore that everything you said mostly applied to magicka nb and most people would agree that magicka nb is the hardest class in pvp aside from perma cloaking (not fighting) and talking about skills that yeah sound good but in practice most people just suck with them and there is a EASIER alternative in other classes, i still feel the same way. NB's are really good in the right hands, and not so good in most hands.

same goes for all classes, they can all be good in the right hands, some just are easier for newer players

Stamblade has superior self healing to all but stam warden and DK among stam specs and superior healing to every single non-Templar/NB magika spec. The ability to use cloak to force all your heals to crit means you have an on demand healing buff of AT LEAST 1.6...

But the ability to engage/disengage means that it’s hard to lose a fight, that’s what makes NB one of, if not the easiest class to play at a high level
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @lexxypwns

Stamblade has superior self healing to all but stam warden and DK among stam specs and superior healing to every single non-Templar/NB magika spec. The ability to use cloak to force all your heals to crit means you have an on demand healing buff of AT LEAST 1.6...

But the ability to engage/disengage means that it’s hard to lose a fight, that’s what makes NB one of, if not the easiest class to play at a high level

@Lexxypwns

lol well if one 1.6k crit heal makes us easy and not 20k shield stacking and perma roots and huge burst heals and cheap healing ulits... well you win :-P #KhajiitOP

and idk i can disengage on my stamsorc just as easy. but.... anyways..
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @lexxypwns

@Lexxypwns

lol well if one 1.6k crit heal makes us easy and not 20k shield stacking and perma roots and huge burst heals and cheap healing ulits... well you win :-P #KhajiitOP

I’m done, you obviously aren’t able to understand the mechanics I’m speaking on
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @lexxypwns

@Lexxypwns

:)
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

• Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @lexxypwns

@Lexxypwns

We need a facepalm emoji
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    @lexxypwns

@Lexxypwns

We need a facepalm emoji

lol i would love a full range of them for lots of occasions on the forums!
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ne1 whom says mSorc is a threat (aside from the random implosion proc when a NB is attacking you at the same time) is just joking around.

Sorcs haven't been a threat in over a year.

Get the best player on a Sorc and he'll so better on a different class. Lol

Sorcs! What a joke
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edit: I fell for the troll
    Edited by magictucktuck on February 26, 2018 8:47PM
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror