The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

leveling dungeons and lvl.cap characters

Owondyah
Owondyah
✭✭✭
I don't know man.... it's dumb.

I hate having 363CP grouped up with random lowbies. That's a faceroll run, not fun, not a challenge. Rewards gained from such dungeons have less value. Overall it breaks the purpose of dungeons.

It's just... dumb.

Will we ever see this changed so I can join DF and end up grouped up with people that will not make my "healer" role obsolete during the run?
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of us don't feel like doing Vet dungeons if all we want is to get the random dungeon daily out of the way, and have multiple characters to do it, just faster to blow through a normal dungeon. We would do it solo, but the game doesn't reward the random daily that way.
  • TheDarkShadow
    TheDarkShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Random normal is for low level character get xp and gain undaunted rank. Its not for challenge, not even for tactical training since you can ignore 95% mechanics. If you want challenge and fun there are vet dungeons.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Owondyah wrote: »
    I don't know man.... it's dumb.

I hate having 363CP grouped up with random lowbies. That's a faceroll run, not fun, not a challenge. Rewards gained from such dungeons have less value. Overall it breaks the purpose of dungeons.

It's just... dumb.

Will we ever see this changed so I can join DF and end up grouped up with people that will not make my "healer" role obsolete during the run?

If you're grouped with random lowbies, it means you're running normal dungeons. Normal dungeons can be soloed -- even on low CP characters. You're not going to find any challenges in random normals, unless you're healing light attack spammers or fake tanks who selected the tank role to reduce their queue wait.

If you want a real challenge in healing, grind a bit until you're CP 200 or so, get yourself some SPC gear with normal WGT, and then start doing veteran dungeons. Progress to normal trials and then veteran trials for maximum challenge.

• Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to be grouped with other low level players currently the only option is to avoid the group finder tool and ask in zone chat or your guild for people around the same level to join you.

I often wish we had a group tool like Guild Wars 2 and some other games where instead of being automatically dumped into a group with whoever else happens to be looking at the time players can advertise their group - including any requirements for joining - and then other players can choose which one is the best fit for them.

So you can have people looking for quick runs for the rewards, people doing it for the first time looking for other newbies/someone to help them through and people who want to read all the quest dialogue and explore every corner all using it at the same time and they all sort themselves into like-minded groups instead of being thrown in together and then having to leave and re-queue until they get a group that's near-enough what they wanted to be tolerable.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"