The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

The Problem With Mending Healers

SadnessInSolace
SadnessInSolace
✭✭✭
I am an end-game healer in ESO, and after these (almost) 3 years of playing this game I have noticed a bad similarity with healers wearing Mending.
A lot of them are attracted to the healing bonus or the fact that it has golden jewellery- but here's the really bad part:
They don't know how to proc it.
If you cast an AOE heal such as Healing Springs, Combat Prayer, Ritual, Orbs etc, the enemies CLOSEST TO YOU(aka 10 meters) will receive the mending proc.
No, it is *NOT* like the Master Restoration staff where the proc will happen if you land the AOE on them.
*YOU ARE THE CENTER OF THIS PROC, EVERYTHING NEAR YOUR CHARACTER HAS IT'S DAMAGE REDUCED.*
I will admit, I am becoming more than a little bit salty now, but you healers need to remember to help your group. You are such an essential part of reducing damage, and if you don't use this correctly by standing more than 10 meters away like the worm healer, you should not be wearing this set.
Yes, the radius is small, which makes you the stam+tank healer and puts you right next to danger, but you agreed to take this risk when you equipped that set.
Sorry for the rant, but this needed to be said.
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Here is a simple fix: Don't run it, there are currently better sets for pretty much every situation. ;)

But yeah, I agree. I guess this is yet another symptom of people copying builds without even understanding them or taking the time to read through the passives and setbonuses. When I help out as a DD in weaker raidgroups I often see the healers running Worm and Mending no matter what as they don't understand how situational those sets are and when to use and when to not use them. Sure, mending can be a very powerfull set but more often then not it is pretty much useless.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • MarrazzMist
    MarrazzMist
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can well understand the confusion, if the description still is ”Your aoe heals also reduce weapon damage of any enemies standing in them”. It literally refers to aoes.

Good info if this is correct, I’m just in process gathering some deacent gear for my healer.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great information here OP. My healer mostly sits and collects dust but I had never known this before.
    Edited by Apache_Kid on February 25, 2018 6:57AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds like the raid leader needs to do a better job setting things up and placing the healer with this set on in a better place.

If OP is speaking of 4 man dungeons it really does not matter much. I have healed most of the 4 man vet dungeons in DPS gear with DPS monster set. Great for adding more damage. LOL, I remember wearing Grothdar and it procing off a heal. Yes, I was standing near the mobs.
    FakeFox wrote: »
    Here is a simple fix: Don't run it, there are currently better sets for pretty much every situation. ;)

Not really. It is a powerful set and often used in vet and especially vet HM trials. As I stated above, for dungeons it does not matter the set bonus as long as they are geared for magicka. vet HM trials have a little more damage going out.
    Edited by idk on February 25, 2018 7:26AM
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    sounds like a bug. like how the master resto was acting and now is fixed. Zos needs to fix the set to act like it ought to.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sounds like a bug. like how the master resto was acting and now is fixed. Zos needs to fix the set to act like it ought to.

It is not a bug. The debuff going out in a 10 meter range from the caster. The tooltip spells it out very clearly.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

It is not a bug. The debuff going out in a 10 meter range from the caster. The tooltip spells it out very clearly.

That it does. http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Healing_Mage. They ought to change that then.
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was about to say: That's the same behavior as the Master Resto Staff, i.e. restoring stamina around the healer instead of the Springs target.

@Lightspeedflashb14_ESO : Can you confirm that this behavior was a bug and has now changed / was fixed? Must have been quite recently then; I last explicitly tested it about a month and a half ago, and then the stamina restore still was centered on the caster.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • troomar
    troomar
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is exactly the reason why I don't like this set.
    Yes.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don’t get that set. Every situations it seems like it would be useful, you get a pop up over enemies head saying “target is Immune” does it work? Is it not working? I can’t tell. I rarely use my healer. That job is usually held for someone else.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Loc2262 wrote: »
    I was about to say: That's the same behavior as the Master Resto Staff, i.e. restoring stamina around the healer instead of the Springs target.

@Lightspeedflashb14_ESO : Can you confirm that this behavior was a bug and has now changed / was fixed? Must have been quite recently then; I last explicitly tested it about a month and a half ago, and then the stamina restore still was centered on the caster.

right here, with dragon bones, so 100% fresh

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4853841#Comment_4853841
    Grand Rejuvenation: Fixed an issue where the Stamina restore from this Item Set’s proc was not centered on the Grand Healing cast.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish this set would come with armor as well, at least for me, since in 30+ vAA runs I've literally only gotten jewels, gold jewels to boot. For some reason armor simply doesn't drop for me. Other than that, the set seems fine :)
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |