The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The avarage reaction of zergers when cought in a 1v1

Skander
Skander
✭✭✭✭✭
I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
-Elder Nightblades Online
Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh gosh, so cute <3 I want to protect it.

But true. First, they chase you bravely and once they face the scary truth that they are alone, they panic, spam everything defense they have in order to escape. It's a vainly undertaking though.
    Edited by Dracane on February 24, 2018 2:20PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look out, though. It looks like it's ready to pop that Proximity D..
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair, most zergers are pve folk and whilst i can't speak for them, I'll say I absolutely suck 1v1, so whatever you think we sound like isn't in keeping with the reality.

If i die 1v1 (which i normally do), I don't lose sleep over it (I actually laugh at how horrendously i do during some 1v1's), whilst it's obvious some seasoned pvpers seem to take eating dust as a slight on their self worth. Whilst you're fawning over your ability to smash some pvp scrub into next week, I think most of us on the receiving end of your retaliation pick ourselves up and forget about it a few seconds later. Good for you if killing the likes of me reduces your anger and saves you forking out for a new mouse/controller I suppose.

Think of all that free ap and progression towards those "kill X amount of 'Y'" us pve scrubs give you guys.

Edited by Prof_Bawbag on February 24, 2018 2:42PM
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I usually just curl up and start yelling at the monitor, ‘Not in the Face!!’
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be fair, most zergers are pve folk and whilst i can't speak for them, I'll say I absolutely suck 1v1, so whatever you think we sound like isn't in keeping with the reality.

If i die 1v1 (which i normally do), I don't lose sleep over it (I actually laugh at how horrendously i do during some 1v1's), whilst it's obvious some seasoned pvpers seem to take eating dust as a slight on their self worth. Whilst you're fawning over your ability to smash some pvp scrub into next week, I think most of us on the receiving end of your retaliation pick ourselves up and forget about it a few seconds later. Good for you if killing the likes of me reduces your anger and saves you forking out for a new mouse/controller I suppose.

Think of all that free ap and progression towards those "kill X amount of 'Y'" us pve scrubs give you guys.

Couldn´t have said it better myself :)
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If i die 1v1 (which i normally do), I don't lose sleep over it (I actually laugh at how horrendously i do during some 1v1's), whilst it's obvious some seasoned pvpers seem to take eating dust as a slight on their self worth...
    ...or something like that.
    Doctor Freud would have things to say about people who are overly concerned about the size of their... PvPness... :p;):D

Methinks the ones who just laugh it off may be the more mentally well adjusted ones.

Generally, I drive my main characters (don't really PvP on my alts) into cyrodil fully expecting to be stomped (and possibly teabagged) on a regular basis. Even when I am running along a warband, it usually is just a matter of time before someone catches me unawares, and PKs my poor lil characters.
    Does it concern me? Nope.
    I just respawn and carry on gaming.

I play this game to have fun, and there are more ways to have fun then crush noobs in cyrodil... heck, even loosing an interesting fight can be way fun! (Not you megadeathkillers though. You know who you are, the ones who have an insta-kill combination that leaves your oppoinent dead, dead, dead at recieving your charge and follow ups, without even getting to fight back)

Still, cyrodil, and worse, IC are PvP lands, zerg-zones and occasional gankfests. One knows what one is getting into when going there...
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My usual reaction is to shrug, think, "I'm a group healer, what did you expect?" and rez up with a free deathport courtesy of my enemy.

Alternatively, "Why run? I'll only die tired."
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, that's me... spamming BoL, and squeaking 'I will heal you to death!', before inevitably giving up the ghost :lol:
  • Smmokkee
    Smmokkee
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think there is very few pvpers that act like that and the majority of the ones that do are complete delusional garbage.
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Gosh I wish could give you a thousand awesomes for this post! Mindblowing how so many think players are "scared" or care about getting killed or "owned" in pvp.

I wanna smack some reality back into them saying "it's a game moron" and not everyone plays videogames to stroke their fragile ego...
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    False! Most zergling are running 30k+ hp in heavy and have nothing to fear from a single player
  • Vermintide
    Vermintide
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think most of us on the receiving end of your retaliation pick ourselves up and forget about it a few seconds later.

I mean, I mostly do that, sure.

But the other day I raged so hard after losing a 1v1 by a whisker because of the other guy's proc set (I don't use them myself), that I accidentally quit two guilds during my fit of keyboard-mashing rage.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Skander wrote: »

I disagree. They don't look that cute and they react more like this: :D

giphy.gif

vzbyk_s-200x150.gif
  • Haquor
    Haquor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Generally when i find myself over extended its outnumbered. Not 1v1. And then i dont waste time running. I mean i got out played so ill put as much hurt on as i can and accept the fast port back to the keep.

On the flip side.... 1vxers who harrass people and pull them out of the zerg or keep assault or whatever and get thier assess handed to them by a couple zergers and spend the whole fight running around a tree and spamming defence until the inevitable conclusion without doing any damage.

Then demanding 1v1.

I mean i do the exact same thing. But expect that not every person running around a pug is useless.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    More like this methinks:

https://youtu.be/7FPELc1wEvk
  • Kode
    Kode
    ✭✭✭
    Hah. I always thought of it like a goat that is seperated from the herd being taken down by a coyote and bleating frantically as the coyote tears into it, and it wavers then falls down and gives up.

Most zergers are bad at PvP. I think some genuinely want to PvP buy they aren't good so they run in a pack, for safety, and so they dont have to take the long hard road of learning to play for themselves.

There are also good PvPers that do both solo and zerg, but it is uncommon. A solo player in a zerg has to take on limitations though, choosing to fight 1v1 with a zerger's skill bars is a big disadvantage. Not to mention, a lot of zergers will rubberband back to their group if it seems like they can't get the kill or they catch themselves too far out.
    Kode Darkstar, Aldmeri Dominion
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    False! Most zergling are running 30k+ hp in heavy and have nothing to fear from a single player

Can confirm. I never leave home base without my trusty ebon+plague doctor combo!
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grimlok_S wrote: »

Can confirm. I never leave home base without my trusty ebon+plague doctor combo!

What I love ate the hate tells I get form people that want to 1v1, but I wont play run around a tree with them.

Anybody that sends me a "1v1 me bro" after I kill them, has guaranteed themselves to be ganked off a mount. That way I can listen to them cry some more.

• DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Grimlok_S wrote: »

What I love ate the hate tells I get form people that want to 1v1, but I wont play run around a tree with them.

Anybody that sends me a "1v1 me bro" after I kill them, has guaranteed themselves to be ganked off a mount. That way I can listen to them cry some more.

It's always funny when someone gets mad that I killed them, sends a vitrolous whisper of profanity and threats of killing me, immediately placing me on ignore so I can't reply, and then getting killed again by me. It's quite poetic.