Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Chasing people is boring

• thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    badmojo wrote: »
    Nihility42 wrote: »
    Wasting time and tilting players can be a perfectly valid tactic. If I'm in a BG and I lead 3 people from an enemy team on a wild goose chase, that means they aren't playing the objective while they chase me, for example.

Fair enough, but a good portion of the time I see players wasting peoples time while their alliance is losing ground. They should be with the rest of their alliance defending their objectives.

What if you don't have fun playing zerg v zerg. I generally don't have fun playing that way. Playing solo allows me to use all 10 of my abilities and is alot more rewarding for me
    Edited by thankyourat on February 27, 2018 9:11PM
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    25f4gw.jpg

I don't want to waste my time with somebody who has no honor in dying, if i see enemy coming to me and i know i will die i stay and fight till the end and do not run away like a scared little.....
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasting time and tilting players can be a perfectly valid tactic. If I'm in a BG and I lead 3 people from an enemy team on a wild goose chase, that means they aren't playing the objective while they chase me, for example.

Fair enough, but a good portion of the time I see players wasting peoples time while their alliance is losing ground. They should be with the rest of their alliance defending their objectives.

What if you don't have fun playing zerg v zerg. I generally don't have fun playing that way. Playing solo allows me to use all 10 of my abilities and is alot more rewarding for me

Then you will end up having a long ride back if you die.

I am not saying people have to play the objectives, but they are the objective. Would you join a battleground and ignore the flag because its not your favorite thing to do? Would you join a ttials group and level another weapon and fill soul gems? Theres nothing saying you cant, its just common curtesy that you do not waste other peoples time by disrupting the established game for selfish reasons.

Do you join a pickup game of basketball and practice fancy dribbling techniques in the corner of the court while everyone else stands there waiting to play again? If you have no interest in pursuing the established objectives then the other players will quickly refuse to ever play with you in the future.

The problem here is that this is a video game hosted by ZOS, so the players are powerless when it comes to refusing to play with dishonorable players. People take advantage of this lack of socital mechanics that would otherwise eject them from the playingfield. Eventually they fall under the misconception that they are doing nothing wrong and start to become hostile towards any notion that they are.

Everybody has the right to flip the chessboard when things arent going their way, but that doesnt change how people will react to it.
    [DC/NA]
  • Shardan4968
    Shardan4968
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I see 1vXer being chased by zerg I just don't interfere. I could just mark him if he/she is using cloak and throw shrouded dagger to slow him/her down, but what's the point? No fun for any of us. Chasing is boring, I prefer to wait for someone to come back to me or just forget about that person.
    PC/EU
  • Zbigb4life
    Zbigb4life
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elong wrote: »
    Sorry, I will just stand still and let your zerg kill me next time. My apologies for being an inconvenience.

Is that a promise :p
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If i see someone outnumbered:

A) My team: I help them
    B) Enemy team i watch my team die
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • Earthewen
    Earthewen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    I don’t chase. A player that flees has admitted defeat. Ring around the rock is just another variant.

The runners and LOS players always give me a little giggle. Why? Because they remind me so much of Monty Python. "Attack!!" "Wait, RUN AWAY!" The funniest part is when they claim victory after not fighting. "yeah, man. but you didn't kill me!" Okay.

They also remind me of a man with a TV remote control constantly flipping the channel every 10 minutes. They don't watch WHAT is on TV. They want to watch WHAT ELSE is on TV.
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zbigb4life wrote: »
    Elong wrote: »
    Sorry, I will just stand still and let your zerg kill me next time. My apologies for being an inconvenience.

Is that a promise :p

I'm not usually good enough to run away to be fair, so it's pretty much a promise haha.
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I see this, I usually run the other direction and spear them, so the chasing group can catch up. Good feeling when it works.
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is there anyone aware that speed potions exist? That they last for the full 47(something) seconds of the potion cooldown?

If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Rowjoh
    Rowjoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chasing people is boring ?

Well don't chase them then :)
    Edited by Rowjoh on March 6, 2018 8:45AM
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jellybeans
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's taken me 2 years to not chase seems like you can teach an old dog new tricks :)
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rowjoh wrote: »
    Chasing people is boring ?

Well don't chase them then :)

Yeah, yeah, do not chase cloaking NBs, do not chase bunnyhopping sorcs, do not chase speedbuffers sprinting around whatever. So, what is left there that will not reset a fight? Honour guards?
  • Warpig6Delta
    Warpig6Delta
    ✭✭✭
    9 times out of 10 it works every time! Those dang pesky rollypolly builds lmao.
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone enjoy chasing the enemy around a tower while they use mist form over and over?
    i would say, that chasing 1000% more interesting than fighting infinitely stacked shields
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I very enjoyed getting chased by enemies. Very much so, of these 2 outdated 1 yr Videos. Really good memories, the good times. No one seems to, not want to chase me anymore.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qJIZdAI6xnY&feature=youtu.be

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=JrWlOW2LV4s
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1st Step: be a nightblade(stam or mag)
    2nd Step: Run into tower away from the zerg
    3rd step: cloak and jump out back
    -don't waste your time, don't waste theirs
    ->everybody happy
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • BrockofPercival
    BrockofPercival
    ✭✭✭
    I don't enjoy it so I just leave. If they retake the resource I just take it back.

So I voted jellybeans.
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 pcs of fjord, 3 pcs of cyrodilwrath, i can run for hours!
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So many beautiful poll options. I can't choose! I just can't!
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You forgot Stam Warden...
    PC EU
  • notmeta
    notmeta
    ✭✭✭
    fair enough if they being zerged but if it's 1v1 and they do it i don't like that and wouldn't chase them, to much hassle for 1 player.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are annoying

I learned long ago that such tactics are troll bait for the potatoes. I usually sit and watch the potatoes get farmed then go somewhere else.

Also jellybeans
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Bosov
    Bosov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    In my book:

Doing it in 1v1: bad.
    Doing it when you´re outnumbered: Fine (it´s not like your enemys wanted to play this fair).
    Doing it after being the last survivor of an Xv1: terrible.

Can´t think of any other situation where it would matter in the first place.

Not saying that i like it. But most people that complain about it seem to be doing so without reflecting about the situation properly. Sure it´s not fun for you when someone walks around a tree or stone endlessly - but maybe when he´s fighting 2 other people already it´s also not fun for them when you want to join in as the third sniping away happily?

Yes number 3. It is so useless... ive just killed your friends while you were helping them. Running around a rock is not going to safe you or make you kill me in a ''1v1'' situation.

Snipers dont understand that second part btw... since Miat is gone i think they pop up in every outnumbered fight now too.
    Xbox One - EU - GT : Bosov
    PC - EU - @Bosov91

ESO Highight :
    https://twitter.com/SlashLurk/status/895068339273310208

• caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am not saying people have to play the objectives, but they are the objective. Would you join a battleground and ignore the flag because its not your favorite thing to do? Would you join a ttials group and level another weapon and fill soul gems? Theres nothing saying you cant, its just common curtesy that you do not waste other peoples time by disrupting the established game for selfish reasons.

Do you join a pickup game of basketball and practice fancy dribbling techniques in the corner of the court while everyone else stands there waiting to play again? If you have no interest in pursuing the established objectives then the other players will quickly refuse to ever play with you in the future.

The problem here is that this is a video game hosted by ZOS, so the players are powerless when it comes to refusing to play with dishonorable players. People take advantage of this lack of socital mechanics that would otherwise eject them from the playingfield. Eventually they fall under the misconception that they are doing nothing wrong and start to become hostile towards any notion that they are.

Everybody has the right to flip the chessboard when things arent going their way, but that doesnt change how people will react to it.

Wait wait wait...... did you just stipulate that a player running around a tower while outnumbered... lacks the common courtesy to just die, because it’s wasting the chaser’s time?
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait wait wait...... did you just stipulate that a player running around a tower while outnumbered... lacks the common courtesy to just die, because it’s wasting the chaser’s time?

I find it inacceptable to fight outnumbered opponents aswell.
    We should aim to exclude these dishonorable players from the community and name and shame all of them publicly.

Somebody get the shame bell.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Its more the fact that some players build their characters specifically for these activities and actively seek to create these situations that I find is lacking in common courtesy.

If you get a quest to capture an enemy resource and before the capture completes a hoard of enemies comes to defend it, then by all means run away, break line of sight, use whatever you can to win the fight.

On the other hand if you hop on your horse and ride 3 keeps deep into enemy territory, cap a resource and sit in the tower waiting for players to show up to take it back, then proceed to lure them up into that tower, where you run around and around, popping mist form, using shadow or invis pots, jumping from level to level, over and over until you find a player you can manage to burst down before continuing your routine of circling the tower...yeah, that action lacks common courtsey in my opinion.

Its less about laying down and dying. More about not actively seeking out situations where you entice the enemy to chase you around objects with the selfish goal of getting easy kills.

Go to the enemy keep your team needs to capture and tower camp a resource there, at least then you would be helping your alliance, and facing competent opponants. But I suspect the kill death ratio of doing that pushes these combat avoiders to the back keeps where the pickings are usually much easier, because veteran players know whats up and simply ignore the trap since it poses no real threat.
    [DC/NA]
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It really doesn’t seem as though this thread is a hit topic. Page two after a month.
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lol

Stand there while I kill you! Pls! Don't use abilities, either!