The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

spirit of Cyrodiil

jerj6925
jerj6925
✭✭✭✭
PS4 NA server Vivic.

Did the developers intend for an alliance that is large enough too field enough members to fill both AD and EP alliance at the same time (or at least enough) to work as one team? I know the developers have commented in the past this should not be happening but I guess there is no stopping it. It seems like a few regular crowns get upset if there side is not winning so they resort to locking up two alliances (always AD and EP on PS4 NA) or at least fielding enough players in two alliances to effectively out number DC 2 to 1. I don't believe this is a valid tactic because its essentially allowing the one group of players to defeat the player cap (exploit???) and bring up to twice the numbers to a fight. So if each alliance can bring in 100 (I don't know what the player cap is its just an example) people... well this team has the potential to field up to 200 members against a team with only 100 members, they predetermine one color will be first and what color will be second place.

Zenimax has said no alliance should be working with the other and to be clear this is one group of people logging in to two separate alliances with the intent of working as one team. should Zenimax just take out the 3 teams and just make it two teams to keep this from happening or should the alliance lock be put in place? pick your color and all your char. are locked in until the campaign is complete? The above could still happen with alliance lock but it would at least be harder to constantly work as one team.

last I couldn't give two [snip] who wins or looses as there really is not much left in this game worth anything as broke as it is and cyrodiil really is just killing time for me until game I'm waiting for is released but every now and then there can be some good fights but never when this crap is happening.

Solutions other than insults, alliance lock or reducing it to two teams?

[Edited to remove profanity]
Edited by ZOS_KatP on February 23, 2018 8:21PM
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When did ZOS say factions "shouldn't work with each other", it's pretty much a foundation of three faction PVP games that if the game goes on long enough two factions will either officially or unofficially (or even randomly) start pushing on another if they think it's a good or idea or even if they just sense blood.

Faction locking fixes a number of issues but it's not going to stop two sides ganging up on another.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're talking about the queuing in other factions to avoid the cap, that's addressed in Update 17 (coming to consoles soon!)

If you're talking just about factions both fighting a third faction (even via arrangements made with one another) that's perfectly legal and part of the game design.

In regards to factions trading in any way that's now against the ToS since the Bleakers AP trading which happened.

for general population discrepancies there are mechanics which help bolster the weaker populations, these were toned back a while ago however due to being so over the top in previous revisions (the weakest faction actually won a campaign because of them).
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • jerj6925
    jerj6925
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok you didn't read what I said so Ill try again.

Its one group of players using two alliances to field more players.

Its not team #1 talking to team #2 saying team #3 always wins lets work together against team #3 for now. its one group of players saying half of us log in team #1 the other half log in team #2 and we focus only on team #3.

Now in reality they may not have enough members to pop lock both team #1 and #2 but they do have enough people logging in to both teams essentially to get the rest to just go with it.

You are essentially with open alliances allowing one group of players to field twice the numbers against a smaller group.

I'm not sure how I can word this any more clear than that (truly not trying to be rude).
    Edited by jerj6925 on February 23, 2018 3:19PM
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you have a guild per se using 2 alliances to push its agenda against the third, correct?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jerj6925 wrote: »

Its not team #1 talking to team #2 saying team #3 always wins lets work together against team #3 for now. its one group of players saying half of us log in team #1 the other half log in team #2 and we focus only on team #3.

Now in reality they may not have enough members to pop lock both team #1 and #2 but they do have enough people logging in to both teams essentially to get the rest to just go with it.

You are essentially with open alliances allowing one group of players to field twice the numbers against a smaller group.

I'm not sure how I can word this any more clear than that (truly not trying to be rude).

I understand your situation, and it certainly seems against the design and intention of Cyrodiil, but I'm not certain that its against the rules of the game.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stop making excuses - you are all in on it...all of you...deny it as much as you like...

vivec himself told me so...
    Edited by geonsocal on February 23, 2018 6:42PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    stop making excuses - you are all in on it...all of you...deny it as much as you like...

vivec himself told me so...

Vivec might need to lay off on the CHIM. :)
  • jerj6925
    jerj6925
    ✭✭✭✭

I understand your situation, and it certainly seems against the design and intention of Cyrodiil, but I'm not certain that its against the rules of the game.

I think if you look at how cyrodiil functions, and prevents you from communicating directly with players from the other two alliances its designed to be a three way battle. with that said nothing prevents you from using psn messenger or phone apps or any other method for that matter to communicate and coordinate but they are all out side of the game so that's why I think its not meant to be. It may be there is just no way or desire to enforce it as trying to enforce I'm sure would just be too much resource/effort on Zenimax part.

I'm positive Zenimax made a statement in the past that none of the alliances should not be working with another but I have had a very long work week and I'm just to tired to dig for it... hell I could be wrong. Be nice if a mod would verify I guess.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All campaigns in Cyrodiil are full of people who (just like PVE) want to do what they want, when they want, how they want and with who they want. This makes it very frustrating for people who just want to have a decent go at advancing their alliances cause.

I know in war all rules tend to go out the window, but it is frustrating when you see opposing factions ignoring each other to focus on you, or someone on your own side stand by while his 'friend' kills you. I have not played in all campaigns, so cannot say EP does not do it at all but in Shor and Kyne, AD and DC tend to be the guilt parties.

I have been on AD in Kyne this week and had one occasion where an AD and EP were standing on the wall of our keep ignoring each other. When other AD attacked, including myself, the AD just stood there and watched. When we did kill the EP, he simply came back to the keep and his AD friend made it easy for him to get back on the wall (NB skills).
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    I have been on AD in Kyne this week and had one occasion where an AD and EP were standing on the wall of our keep ignoring each other. When other AD attacked, including myself, the AD just stood there and watched. When we did kill the EP, he simply came back to the keep and his AD friend made it easy for him to get back on the wall (NB skills).

after a couple of years of fighting more or less the same people at the same spots over and over again - i don't normally get too bothered by what people do in cyrodiil anymore...

that kind of stuff though wherein opposing faction players are teaming up around keeps/outposts drives me nuts...it's like really - can you not *** up the game any more than it already is...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • jerj6925
    jerj6925
    ✭✭✭✭

after a couple of years of fighting more or less the same people at the same spots over and over again - i don't normally get too bothered by what people do in cyrodiil anymore...

that kind of stuff though wherein opposing faction players are teaming up around keeps/outposts drives me nuts...it's like really - can you not *** up the game any more than it already is...

But its not opposing factions teaming up, its one group of players who are splitting up their numbers between the two factions to gain this advantage. I would totally understand where two factions would halt attacks between them selves to stop the third faction from getting emperor or completely dominating the map.

sorry not trying to nit pick words I just want to make sure folks understand what I'm trying to point out. I might not be explaining it very well I guess.
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well as an EP-faithful player (I don't even have a Yellow or Blue character) I can say things aren't always as they seem in Cyrodiil. EP constantly moans about the "Green Alliance" but it's really not a big factor. This campaign is very competitive (Score is quite close) and while there are plenty of faction-hoppers on all sides, I see little evidence of, for example, a guild putting players on two factions at once to push the third faction. If I'm honest, I think many "guilds" on PS4 NA PvP have been decimated and most have very few regulars left.

As a solo EP stamblade, my travels often take me to the opposite side of the map, where I watch in stealth as DC and AD fight hard with each other. That activity destroys most "green alliance" conspiracy theories I see in EP chat. OP, if you hang out near BRK, Sej or Alessia you'll see AD and EP constantly battling. I can't say you're incorrect, but it may not be as bad as it feels.
    PS4NA
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Salt. Thats the spirit of PvP. Salt, and loads of it...
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But its not opposing factions teaming up, its one group of players who are splitting up their numbers between the two factions to gain this advantage. I would totally understand where two factions would halt attacks between them selves to stop the third faction from getting emperor or completely dominating the map.

sorry not trying to nit pick words I just want to make sure folks understand what I'm trying to point out. I might not be explaining it very well I guess.

We dont understand cos it doesnt really make sense.
    Whats different between 2 factions teaming on the third to your Statement?

In fact they would have more advantage if the group didnt Split up in 2 different factions cos friendly fire.

The only thing thats different is to what population cap they count. And even then what is the difference zo 2 factions wotking together?
  • jerj6925
    jerj6925
    ✭✭✭✭
    laksikus wrote: »

We dont understand cos it doesnt really make sense.
    Whats different between 2 factions teaming on the third to your Statement?

In fact they would have more advantage if the group didnt Split up in 2 different factions cos friendly fire.

The only thing thats different is to what population cap they count. And even then what is the difference zo 2 factions wotking together?

Wow you very clearly didn't read what I wrote or you are not really thinking about it, you should have just moved on rather than posting.
  • jerj6925
    jerj6925
    ✭✭✭✭
    dotme wrote: »
    Well as an EP-faithful player (I don't even have a Yellow or Blue character) I can say things aren't always as they seem in Cyrodiil. EP constantly moans about the "Green Alliance" but it's really not a big factor. This campaign is very competitive (Score is quite close) and while there are plenty of faction-hoppers on all sides, I see little evidence of, for example, a guild putting players on two factions at once to push the third faction. If I'm honest, I think many "guilds" on PS4 NA PvP have been decimated and most have very few regulars left.

As a solo EP stamblade, my travels often take me to the opposite side of the map, where I watch in stealth as DC and AD fight hard with each other. That activity destroys most "green alliance" conspiracy theories I see in EP chat. OP, if you hang out near BRK, Sej or Alessia you'll see AD and EP constantly battling. I can't say you're incorrect, but it may not be as bad as it feels.

I can count on one hand missing two fingers how many times in the last 9 months either EP has back capped AD or the other way around. you cant go more than 3 hours every day with out watching AD and EP work together to back cap DC that's just a fact.
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS4 NA server Vivic.

Did the developers intend for an alliance that is large enough too field enough members to fill both AD and EP alliance at the same time (or at least enough) to work as one team? I know the developers have commented in the past this should not be happening but I guess there is no stopping it. It seems like a few regular crowns get upset if there side is not winning so they resort to locking up two alliances (always AD and EP on PS4 NA) or at least fielding enough players in two alliances to effectively out number DC 2 to 1. I don't believe this is a valid tactic because its essentially allowing the one group of players to defeat the player cap (exploit???) and bring up to twice the numbers to a fight. So if each alliance can bring in 100 (I don't know what the player cap is its just an example) people... well this team has the potential to field up to 200 members against a team with only 100 members, they predetermine one color will be first and what color will be second place.

Zenimax has said no alliance should be working with the other and to be clear this is one group of people logging in to two separate alliances with the intent of working as one team. should Zenimax just take out the 3 teams and just make it two teams to keep this from happening or should the alliance lock be put in place? pick your color and all your char. are locked in until the campaign is complete? The above could still happen with alliance lock but it would at least be harder to constantly work as one team.

last I couldn't give two [snip] who wins or looses as there really is not much left in this game worth anything as broke as it is and cyrodiil really is just killing time for me until game I'm waiting for is released but every now and then there can be some good fights but never when this crap is happening.

is this a joke?

all madden's zergs practically destroyed a pvp guild i was in...all i heard was, dc is cancer, maddens zergs killed vivec, etc.

?????
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read what you said.

Its not factions working together, but one group splitting themselves on 2 alliances.

And i still dont see the difference.
    I highly doubt there is a group large enough on any server to fill up one whole alliance pop. So if they theoretically split up on 2 factions, they kill themselves in big fights.

Stacking themselves on one faction siunds like a better idea for me.

But i guess you are just talking bs, and its just 2 factions or guilds working together to push the third back where they belong
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't seen anything of that magnitude, but what I have seen is inappropriate. I have seen a group of 12 from faction A and a group of 12 from faction B camp a resource in faction C. Faction A will hole up in the resource tower while faction B flips it. Once flipped B will run into the tower while A comes out to flip it, rinse and repeat. If faction C comes along to try and take the resource both groups will fight together to fend them off.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ranger209 wrote: »
    I haven't seen anything of that magnitude, but what I have seen is inappropriate. I have seen a group of 12 from faction A and a group of 12 from faction B camp a resource in faction C. Faction A will hole up in the resource tower while faction B flips it. Once flipped B will run into the tower while A comes out to flip it, rinse and repeat. If faction C comes along to try and take the resource both groups will fight together to fend them off.

That's against the TOS and Zos has dealt with AP farming like that before. You can't cooperate to feed each other AP like that.
  • jerj6925
    jerj6925
    ✭✭✭✭
    laksikus wrote: »
    I read what you said.

Its not factions working together, but one group splitting themselves on 2 alliances.

And i still don't see the difference.
    I highly doubt there is a group large enough on any server to fill up one whole alliance pop. So if they theoretically split up on 2 factions, they kill themselves in big fights.

Stacking themselves on one faction siunds like a better idea for me.

But i guess you are just talking bs, and its just 2 factions or guilds working together to push the third back where they belong

Well I gotta tell ya I stand corrected, up until YOU highly doubt something is going on it must not be going on and all is working as intended. What other opinions do you have to have to correct facts?

The sad thing is its such a simple concept and you don't even see it, if your really are too simple to figure it out private message me and Ill explain it in more detail as I really didn't want a huge post were people stop reading half way through. Yes I know this going on because I have talked with a few who are actively doing this and its working quite well for them.

and I'm done here, people get way to nasty way to fast and easy now days.
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im that simple that i twll yiu to gid gud and yiu will have alot more fun and less to whine about.

You say something without giving proof. In this case its you that whines and you cant even provide any proof, so ofc it looks like only 2 factions are against the third.
  • ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭
    PS4 NA server Vivic.

Get used to it lol, we had a entire campaign of EP and DC fighting literally side by side in the same keeps vs AD doign the same thing then next campaign when we stomped them they complained about Gate Camping rofl.
  • jerj6925
    jerj6925
    ✭✭✭✭
    PS4 NA server Vivic.

Get used to it lol, we had a entire campaign of EP and DC fighting literally side by side in the same keeps vs AD doign the same thing then next campaign when we stomped them they complained about Gate Camping rofl.

You clearly didn't read what I said
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jerj6925 ...i like your threads - they're fun and rarely boring...

if you ever get the chance, try picking out an avatar...it'll help folks spot your threads on the different forum section pages...

later...
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You need to go play Planetside 2 and study some tactics
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • jerj6925
    jerj6925
    ✭✭✭✭
    NyassaV wrote: »
    You need to go play Planetside 2 and study some tactics

And clearly you didn't read the original post and I played both Planet side 1 and 2. Planet side 1 could have been a great game but sonny pulled a Bungie with it and never implemented 80% of the content, too bad really.

any way get your self better informed before you going posting next time, k thanks.