The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Hide chest slot in outfits.

IAMJ0N35Y
IAMJ0N35Y
✭✭
I want my nord to look like Tsun from skyrim.
Plus how else am I supposed to see my body markings?
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There should be an option to hide ANY piece in the outfit menu...Not just the helm. I'm sure there are a few Khajit out there that hate having their feet wrapped in leather. How are they supposed to climb trees with those things on our feet.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make a low level medium armor chest item
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on February 23, 2018 2:36AM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some players just want their characters to look like a crazy person in their underwear that are surprisingly effective in combat
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need also hide butt slot thread.
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • LordGavus
    LordGavus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. My nord barbarian wants to charge into battle shirtless.
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordGavus wrote: »

He can, you can leave your chest slot empty. Sure, it won't be very effective, but that's how in real battle things would be.
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • LordGavus
    LordGavus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jura23 wrote: »
    LordGavus wrote: »

He can, you can leave your chest slot empty. Sure, it won't be very effective, but that's how in real battle things would be.

Yep which is what I do in overworld or normal content. I'm just lazy and don't want to hit the toggle gear sets button.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the Minotaur and Mazzatun chests have the barest chest, perhaps the low level bosmer as well.
    Edited by VaranisArano on February 23, 2018 4:14AM
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    IAMJ0N35Y wrote: »

at least a hide chest would make this viable for you
    At this point, costumes and short-cut tops are about as close as a hide chest would get me
    8Q0k9yN.jpg
    jE2JhW8.jpg
    Iccotak wrote: »
    Some players just want their characters to look like a crazy person in their underwear that are surprisingly effective in combat

Well,
    "my crazy skooma addict wants to run around in her underwear"
    is prolly about as 'mursive as "I'm role-playing a barbarian!!!"
    Just one is under the watch of the Thief
    while the other is handled by the Warrior
    let's use arguments about Alteration magic to bring this full-circle for Mage players while we are here
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And nords are supposed to be pantless!
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Well stuffing a banana in my undies is pointless if no one else can see it.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sinolai wrote: »

Only if they have a wife that rightfully berates them for that.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sinolai wrote: »
    From TES III Morrowind:

"That witch turned me into a newt stole my pants!"
    latest?cb=20150308075312
    Edited by VaranisArano on February 23, 2018 10:49PM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PlagueSD wrote: »
    There should be an option to hide ANY piece in the outfit menu...Not just the helm. I'm sure there are a few Khajit out there that hate having their feet wrapped in leather. How are they supposed to climb trees with those things on our feet.

On one of the ESO Live episodes, they had the option to hide every piece in the build they were using. I was hoping this would make it to PTS or live, but it never did.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made this outfit for a male character on the PTS, but unfortunately, the chest piece I used doesn't have a motif. It's the new Caluurion's Legacy set. Hopefully they add the motif to the game in the next patch so anyone can use it.

IHsK4kp.jpg

The only alternative right now is the Minotaur style, but the giant crotch flap on it looks awful.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on February 24, 2018 1:07AM
  • Hetaira
    Hetaira
    ✭✭✭
    I REALLY need to be able to hide belts. They float in the middle of my stomach on most of the chests/legs I want to use.
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only alternative right now is the Minotaur style, but the giant crotch flap on it looks awful.

256yp2.jpg
    Edited by Iccotak on February 24, 2018 1:00AM
  • Cheveyo
    Cheveyo
    ✭✭✭✭
    I always used cheats and cheat-like armor that let me wear what I wanted in Skyrim.
    Like I'd cheat enchanting and buff up my armor that had low stats, but I liked the appearance of.

I want my characters to look like this:

7e539e617688f565b7863e0eb396a212.jpg
  • boombazookajd
    boombazookajd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Samadhi wrote: »
    IAMJ0N35Y wrote: »

at least a hide chest would make this viable for you
    At this point, costumes and short-cut tops are about as close as a hide chest would get me
    8Q0k9yN.jpg
    jE2JhW8.jpg

Well,
    "my crazy skooma addict wants to run around in her underwear"
    is prolly about as 'mursive as "I'm role-playing a barbarian!!!"
    Just one is under the watch of the Thief
    while the other is handled by the Warrior
    let's use arguments about Alteration magic to bring this full-circle for Mage players while we are here

What shield is that!?
    Drathus Delenu- Dunmer magDk: Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Stormproof, Peak Scaler, Clockwork Confounder, Orderly, Master Wizard, Cloudrest Hero, Undaunted, Dragonstar Arena Champion
    Thoronir Rolston- Breton petsorc: Stormproof
    Zaakazha-Redguard stamblade: Boethia's Scythe, Clockwork Confounder, Maelstrom Arena Champion, Dragonstar Arena Champion

Scrubs:
    Justinius Maximus Decimus- Altmer magblade
    Agronak gro'Mashul- Orc DK Tank
    Valerya Hawkcroft- Breton healer
    Zaaka- Imperial stamDK/crafter

✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @boombazookajd
    Its the Daggerfall alliance motif from imperial city
  • forwardbias83
    forwardbias83
    ✭✭✭
    If there was an option in the PTS originally to hide other pieces of armor, the code for such an option does exist, but perhaps the devs don't want people running around in their underwear, and possibly by complaints from people, so they did not implement that to hide other armor besides the helm for the actual patch, but if the code does exist, seems like in the future if there were an option to hide chest armor, or shoulders, it would be a minor and quick modification to actually enable that code.