The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What Are Fast Ways To Level Up?

Yzalirk
Yzalirk
✭✭✭✭
Hello,

I love ESO a lot but I hate having to level up another toon from 1 - 50. Are there any efficient ways to level up new fresh toons? I hear that it can be done in like 4 hours but I do not have enough shekels to buy Mythic Ambrosias. I have ESO+ and can get Psijic Ambrosias though.

Thanks,
-Yzalirk
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the fast way is to get enough skill points to fully level enchanting and alchemy, buy a ton of cheap master writs, craft them, pop an exp pot/scroll, and turn them all in. Rather expensive and probably best done only when you have an alt that you absolutely have to level quickly and gold is no object.

Another fast, yet expensive way to level is to pop into Craglorn and join the horde of levelers saying "WTB Skyreach run!" If successful, you'll pay someone to partner with you in Skyreach, an instanced delve where you can gather up a large number of mobs and burn them all down for a relatively quick and large gain of exp. I have no idea how long this takes, nor how expensive that's going to get. On PC/NA, I usually see Skyreach runs go for 3k or so? Training gear + exp pots/scrolls are obviously a good idea.

Another relatively fast, but extremely boring, way to level is to join a dolmen farming group. The main one is in Alikr Desert but Auridon is also handy because the dolmens are pretty close to the wayshrines. Make sure you've unlocked the Fighters Guild questline so you get credit for killing all those daedra and shutting down dolmens. I've done this to level up my Fighters' Guild on a maxed character and OMG I found this to be incredibly boring, but to each his or her own. However, finding and closing dolmens for the first time gives great exp so that's a great way to explore and make good exp.

Another way to level is simply to grind. Find someplace to kill lots of things, like in Spellscar or a public dungeons and kill ALL THE THINGS!

A way to level if you want to play a support role like a healer or a tank is to run normal group dungeons. While you are leveling up, they'll unlock progressively, so even though you'll be running Banished Cells I enough times that you think Rilis isn't the only one going mad in there, you don't have to worry about hitting dungeons too hard for you as long as you stay on top of your gear and pay attention. Healers and tanks have a really short queue, so this is worth it. DPS usually have a longer queue, so grinding might be a better option. However, you can get extra exp for running a daily random dungeon (selected from the dungeons you have unlocked) so that's good to run every day for any role.

Or, of course, you could simply quest and explore. Gathering skyshards in delves and skill points through the main quests is a great way to level up and get a well-rounded character.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As you, hopefully, know, L50 is not a leveled character. Sure, your L50, but you only have 64 Skill Points, and that does not make for a deadly character, or one that is really useful. So, once you reach L50, you still have to go out and hunt Skyshards, Dolmens and Public Dungeons for Skill Points, Fighters Guild and books for Mages Guild if they are a Caster.

So, if you follow this below, you will get to 120 to 150 skill points in the most efficient way possible. No, it's not going to be 4 hours, but it is the fastest way to get the point where your character is useful.

Let me give you an example of what I did with my last two leveling characters.

1. I collected all the Skyshards in the zone. I avoided any and all quests other than those that show up in the delves that have skyshards. These quests do not give set items for rewards so no loss there.
    2. I would farm the dolmens a few times to get set jewelry that helped my character
    3. I would do the Public Dungeons including all the bosses
    4. Then I would move to the next zone.

In doing this, I could fully gear up my character with level appropriate stuff, and it was helpful gear. May not have been the best, but you don't need the best while leveling. Any gear I farmed from Dolmens or PD's is repeatable, so I can get it at CP160 by just repeating. Then, I had all the content quests left for me once I reached CP160 as those can give you sweet Set Drops in good traits you want. And, Quest Experience is huge for gaining CPs once your past CP160. Kind of a waste before that.

In about 8 zones, I would be fully leveled in Mages, Fighters, Class, 3 Armors and Weapon Skills. Leaving only Undaunted to level, although I would get to almost 3 in that from Dungeon Achievements.For most efficient Lore Book collecting, stick to one Alliance's zones for the first 5, then farm other zones.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Yzalirk
    Yzalirk
    ✭✭✭✭
    So the fast way is to get enough skill points to fully level enchanting and alchemy, buy a ton of cheap master writs, craft them, pop an exp pot/scroll, and turn them all in. Rather expensive and probably best done only when you have an alt that you absolutely have to level quickly and gold is no object.

Another fast, yet expensive way to level is to pop into Craglorn and join the horde of levelers saying "WTB Skyreach run!" If successful, you'll pay someone to partner with you in Skyreach, an instanced delve where you can gather up a large number of mobs and burn them all down for a relatively quick and large gain of exp. I have no idea how long this takes, nor how expensive that's going to get. On PC/NA, I usually see Skyreach runs go for 3k or so? Training gear + exp pots/scrolls are obviously a good idea.

Another relatively fast, but extremely boring, way to level is to join a dolmen farming group. The main one is in Alikr Desert but Auridon is also handy because the dolmens are pretty close to the wayshrines. Make sure you've unlocked the Fighters Guild questline so you get credit for killing all those daedra and shutting down dolmens. I've done this to level up my Fighters' Guild on a maxed character and OMG I found this to be incredibly boring, but to each his or her own. However, finding and closing dolmens for the first time gives great exp so that's a great way to explore and make good exp.

Another way to level is simply to grind. Find someplace to kill lots of things, like in Spellscar or a public dungeons and kill ALL THE THINGS!

A way to level if you want to play a support role like a healer or a tank is to run normal group dungeons. While you are leveling up, they'll unlock progressively, so even though you'll be running Banished Cells I enough times that you think Rilis isn't the only one going mad in there, you don't have to worry about hitting dungeons too hard for you as long as you stay on top of your gear and pay attention. Healers and tanks have a really short queue, so this is worth it. DPS usually have a longer queue, so grinding might be a better option. However, you can get extra exp for running a daily random dungeon (selected from the dungeons you have unlocked) so that's good to run every day for any role.

Or, of course, you could simply quest and explore. Gathering skyshards in delves and skill points through the main quests is a great way to level up and get a well-rounded character.

The Skyshard idea actually sounds pretty good. Before I was doing Alik’r Dolmens and it was like torture. The XP gain felt atrocious, even with Psijic Ambrosias and XP Scrolls. However, it did max my Fighters Guild for Dawnbreaker which was nice.

The Public Dungeons is usually what I enjoyed the most as the XP gain is pretty decent except I usually queue as a DD as I prefer that style more. Plus my next toon is going to be a Sorcerer so I am unsure how they would perform as a Tank or Healer. The build I am looking to do is more of a DPS/Tank hybrid but as a low level, it seems hard to pull off.
    Nestor wrote: »
    As you, hopefully, know, L50 is not a leveled character. Sure, your L50, but you only have 64 Skill Points, and that does not make for a deadly character, or one that is really useful. So, once you reach L50, you still have to go out and hunt Skyshards, Dolmens and Public Dungeons for Skill Points, Fighters Guild and books for Mages Guild if they are a Caster.

So, if you follow this below, you will get to 120 to 150 skill points in the most efficient way possible. No, it's not going to be 4 hours, but it is the fastest way to get the point where your character is useful.

Let me give you an example of what I did with my last two leveling characters.

1. I collected all the Skyshards in the zone. I avoided any and all quests other than those that show up in the delves that have skyshards. These quests do not give set items for rewards so no loss there.
    2. I would farm the dolmens a few times to get set jewelry that helped my character
    3. I would do the Public Dungeons including all the bosses
    4. Then I would move to the next zone.

In doing this, I could fully gear up my character with level appropriate stuff, and it was helpful gear. May not have been the best, but you don't need the best while leveling. Any gear I farmed from Dolmens or PD's is repeatable, so I can get it at CP160 by just repeating. Then, I had all the content quests left for me once I reached CP160 as those can give you sweet Set Drops in good traits you want. And, Quest Experience is huge for gaining CPs once your past CP160. Kind of a waste before that.

In about 8 zones, I would be fully leveled in Mages, Fighters, Class, 3 Armors and Weapon Skills. Leaving only Undaunted to level, although I would get to almost 3 in that from Dungeon Achievements.For most efficient Lore Book collecting, stick to one Alliance's zones for the first 5, then farm other zones.

This seems pretty good too. I prefer to not mindlessly grind one thing so this seems hopeful. The thing is, I absolutely hate Public Dungeons. On PS4 NA, they seem dead and way too hard to solo. I went into the one for Razak’s Opus one my Imperial Templar and got steamrolled by multiple spiders and spheres. And for whatever reason, I cannot seem to find any helpful guilds that help with PvE content. I swear all guilds I find are Ebonheart Trading Guilds.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to level a sorc in group dungeons, I'd go for a Sorc Healer once you have the Twilight Matriarch and a Resto Staff. To be a Sorc Tank, you really want the damage shields and those unlock late in leveling. You can heal most normal group dungeons that you'll get while leveling with just the Twilight Matriarch and Healing Springs.
  • Yzalirk
    Yzalirk
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you want to level a sorc in group dungeons, I'd go for a Sorc Healer once you have the Twilight Matriarch and a Resto Staff. To be a Sorc Tank, you really want the damage shields and those unlock late in leveling. You can heal most normal group dungeons that you'll get while leveling with just the Twilight Matriarch and Healing Springs.

The thing is, I plan on being a Stamina Sorcerer. I am still undecided on whether to go Redguard or Nord, because of their giant stature. Regardless, is it still feasible to fill the Healer role until I get to a comfortable level or until I unlock Tank skills? I am going for a sort of Death Knight build, something of my own creation.

And a little off topic question - does having multiple toons progess CP level faster or is the Enlightenment account wide?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, stam sorc tanks are fun! You should have no problem with that. I'd been leveling a stam sorc in group dungeons with pierce armor, encase, hurricane, and some dual world skills for DPS and self heals.

CP gain is account wide, so multiple toons all add exp to the same pot.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sure some have pointed out grinding XP in one place or the other. However, you are getting limited skill points as a result and if you are magika you have to go through the zones for Mage Guild anyhow.

If skill points is what you want then *** the main quest with the Prophet and the main story line through the zones until you hit 50. They all grant skill points and you can pick up shards and lore books as you see fit making it easier to max Mage Guild in the end.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The daily random dungeon is an nice way to level alts if you are not in an hurry but don't want to spend much time leveling them. If you have an magic character making him an healer is an good idea, lightning and healing staff, seducer or another crafted sustain set. You can re-spec later and and having leveled up the healing staff can be useful.
    For DD grind or do delves/ skyshards while waiting, doing the undaunted delve quest is also smart.
    Do dungeon, do quest the first time, then done clear out the inventory then done. Smart to use xp potions and if timed out wait to see if smooth run before drinking. this worked very nice during double xp event as I tended to get 2-3 level every run.
    You would want the dungeons anyway for skill point and undaunted leveling so its not an vaste of time.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yzalirk wrote: »

The thing is, I plan on being a Stamina Sorcerer. I am still undecided on whether to go Redguard or Nord, because of their giant stature. Regardless, is it still feasible to fill the Healer role until I get to a comfortable level or until I unlock Tank skills? I am going for a sort of Death Knight build, something of my own creation.

The way the initial skills work, your a Magic Character until you can get your morphs. Leveling a Pure Tank or Healer is hard, as you really only have dungeons to level them in. We all know how variable the Pug Life can be. So.....

Level whatever character you decide as a Magic DPS character. Once you get to L50/120 Skill Points, then you can spec them as a Tank or a Healer. You can even level Healing on a DPS character just by slotting a Resto Staff skill or two on your bar.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"