The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PVP Bomber Build help

x_Demogorgon_x
Trying to make a bomber for pvp. Trying to figure out if mage DK best? Or maybe mageblade? Anyone able to help figure out Zerg bomb build?
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nightblade. DK can also put out great damage since it has more aoe skills, but it’s wonky and less bursts than NB. Plus NB has a chance to get out with shade/cloak, and DK is basically doomed every time you bomb.

rip decibel
  • x_Demogorgon_x
    Ok thank you!
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭
    @Draxys do you have any details on gear / skills for a working BomBlade build for DragonBones at all? I too am interested in making one having seen what they can do
    I'm a Dunmer DK Damage Dealer - My that's a lot of D's
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Draxys wrote: »
    Nightblade. DK can also put out great damage since it has more aoe skills, but it’s wonky and less bursts than NB. Plus NB has a chance to get out with shade/cloak, and DK is basically doomed every time you bomb.

as mentioned in another thread we got actually bombed by a DK on monday
    and I run myself a stamsorc doing it
    since update 17 it works really good!

no more hindering other classes to hit hard in cyro
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭
    Azurya wrote: »

Could I have a link to the other thread please?
  • leandro.800ub17_ESO
    leandro.800ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magika Nightblade

5x Viciouse Death
    5x Caluurion’s Legacy
    2x Grothdarr

Back bar use Merciless Resolve then Use Pot then Magika Det
    Switch bar then Shadowy Disguise after 3seconds Lotus Fan
    Then Incapacitating Strike and finish with Impale

You will always proc Caluurion’s Legacy each 10 seconds

Edited by leandro.800ub17_ESO on February 22, 2018 1:48PM
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Draxys do you have any details on gear / skills for a working BomBlade build for DragonBones at all? I too am interested in making one having seen what they can do

I would not run caluurion as the above post stated, it doesn’t lend itself to an aoe bomb.

For NB, you can run spinner, VD, grothdarr for destro bombing. People are also using mechanical acuity, but it loses a significant amount of damage if the group is a guild and wears a lot of impen, or if they are wary of a bomb and throw up shields as you attack.

For NB tether bombing, which is instant damage, war maiden + VD + 2 separate 1 pieces of monster sets that give stats

If you want to try it on a DK, spinner + VD, and either grothdarr or slimecraw

rip decibel
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭

I would not run caluurion as the above post stated, it doesn’t lend itself to an aoe bomb.

For NB, you can run spinner, VD, grothdarr for destro bombing. People are also using mechanical acuity, but it loses a significant amount of damage if the group is a guild and wears a lot of impen, or if they are wary of a bomb and throw up shields as you attack.

For NB tether bombing, which is instant damage, war maiden + VD + 2 separate 1 pieces of monster sets that give stats

Awesome thankyou. In terms of a DK (assuming it would be a destro bomb) what skills would you use prior to?
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Awesome thankyou. In terms of a DK (assuming it would be a destro bomb) what skills would you use prior to?

molten armaments, prox det, immovable pot for destro

you could also do prox det, immovable pot, then empower with structured entropy and use leap instead of destro

rip decibel
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭

you could also do prox det, immovable pot, then empower with structured entropy and use leap instead of destro

I actually thought about leap as an option. Would it be viable and would there be a setup that would maybe increase ultigen enough to spam it (so to speak).

Also in terms of gear would would it be 7L or the ususal 5-1-1?

Thankyou for the info as well. It’s appreciated :-)
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    -1 on War Maiden. It will buff your Prox Det and your Soul tether but not your VD which is Flame Damage. Also the crit is a diminished bonus in PvP due to impen.

My set of choice (VD aside) in order of priority would be:
    1) Clever Alchemist, if you can reliably proc the buff. If you can't...
    2) Spinners

The 3.5k penetration of Spinners is better than 400 spell damage on its own (and will apply to all your attacks) while the 1-3 bonuses are also better. The penetration might be wasted on shields, but if your opponents are shield stacked or blocking your bomb has failed anyway. The whole point of bombing is to catch the opponents unprepared.

-1 on Grothdarr as well. They either die in the first couple of seconds or they survive and you have to gtfo. The 1k dps of Grothdarr over 5" is not useful. 1-piece Kena and 1 piece of a Max Magicka / Spell Crit is your best option.

Edited by Maulkin on February 22, 2018 3:44PM
    EU | PC | AD
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4888720#Comment_4888720

there you go!
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I actually thought about leap as an option. Would it be viable and would there be a setup that would maybe increase ultigen enough to spam it (so to speak).

Increasing ult gen would be a different build entirely, on a bomb build there's not really much point to anything except maximizing damage.

Definitely 511, again because maximizing damage is more appropriate than the extra sustain

rip decibel
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »
    -1 on War Maiden. It will buff your Prox Det and your Soul tether but not your VD which is Flame Damage. Also the crit is a diminished bonus in PvP due to impen.

My set of choice (VD aside) in order of priority would be:
    1) Clever Alchemist, if you can reliably proc the buff. If you can't...
    2) Spinners

The 3.5k penetration of Spinners is better than 400 spell damage on its own (and will apply to all your attacks) while the 1-3 bonuses are also better. The penetration might be wasted on shields, but if your opponents are shield stacked or blocking your bomb has failed anyway. The whole point of bombing is to catch the opponents unprepared.

-1 on Grothdarr as well. They either die in the first couple of seconds or they survive and you have to gtfo. The 1k dps of Grothdarr over 5" is not useful. 1-piece Kena and 1 piece of a Max Magicka / Spell Crit is your best option.

That’s a lot of good info to go on there thankyou :-)

I did wonder about damage vs Impen so that cleared that one up.

In terms of CP to make this as effective as possible what would you suggest?
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4888720#Comment_4888720

there you go!

Awesome thankyou :-)
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭

Increasing ult gen would be a different build entirely, on a bomb build there's not really much point to anything except maximizing damage.

Definitely 511, again because maximizing damage is more appropriate than the extra sustain

Valid point. I was thinking along the line of a spam leap build but thinking about it, ot wouldn’t be that effective once people realise and scatter.

In terms of CP what would you suggest to be effective for an NB / DK bomb?
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Regarding CPs I haven’t checked if Prox Det scales with Thaumaturge (DoT) or Master-at-arms (direct damage) or both. It’s worth checking yourself. Rollback the Thaumaturge CPs and see if the tooltip on Proxy Dets decreases.

If not, you should go heavy into Direct damage, elemental/magic damage and penetration. 60 or so CPs in each. Put 30 or so in Crit damage after which you get diminishing returns in PvP. The final 30 you can disperse.

EU | PC | AD
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭
    After watching a few videos on NB Bomb builds for Dragonbones patch i've settled on the gear i'll be using.

Spinners / War Maiden (Though i could possibly make BSW work if i timed things right)
    Vicious Death
    1 Piece Kena for Spell Damage
    1 Piece Groth for Extra Mag

Having seen how NB's work they're simple enough. I'd instead want to try a using a DK instead.

It would be a Destro Bomb build ( thought about using leap but its a big risk if the Zerg is spread too far with the leap, or it doesnt quite hit as intended)

CP's i'll do some testing to work out what will give the best damage output.

What i would like help with is skills, aside from Molten Arms, Proxy and Ult what else would be usable and in what order? I'm thinking Potion of Invisibility to make up for not having the NB cloak skill and being Stage 4 Vamp for the passives.

Front bar will be DW (for obvious reasons) and i'm wondering whether to go Destro (and drop DoTs for the stragglers) or Resto (to try and make a daring escape in case things fail)
  • JTET24
    JTET24
    Edited by JTET24 on October 5, 2018 12:44AM
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭
    JTET24 wrote: »

That is literally that I’m looking for. Would you mind running through your gear, CP and rotation please?
  • JTET24
    JTET24
    5 spinners, 5 vicious death, 2 groth (at the time of clip but now I use slimecraw). Molten armaments, volatile armor, proxy Det, fragmented shield(after summerset it's being changed so I'll drop that) inner light, then leap and KABOOM
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for gear I'd add spinner/jul works great both of them Spinner prob a little bit better but not by much, but my favourite in the past month were Acuity, insane damage with VD and either 2 groth if destro if tether then go for one kena one domihaus or groth
    Edited by BigBadVolk on April 18, 2018 10:54PM
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • TheLowkeyLoki
    TheLowkeyLoki
    Soul Shriven
    BiS magblade Mechanical Acuity (will proc instantly and most of the killing is within 5 secs) and Vicious Death/grothdar.

Stack 81cp in elfborn.

Don't bother with master at arm's cp, just focus on pushing erosion and ele expert.
  • thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inner light going bye bye. Can Bomber adjust?
    1v1 Win/Loss Record in PvP.
    1 Wins - 392 Losses (guy was AFK)

• Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭
    BiS magblade Mechanical Acuity (will proc instantly and most of the killing is within 5 secs) and Vicious Death/grothdar.

Stack 81cp in elfborn.

Don't bother with master at arm's cp, just focus on pushing erosion and ele expert.

Thats good info and something i was wondering about myself. Would the same work for a DK Wings / Destro Bomb?
  • ibo2144
    ibo2144
    What would you do with CP??
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »
    Regarding CPs I haven’t checked if Prox Det scales with Thaumaturge (DoT) or Master-at-arms (direct damage) or both. It’s worth checking yourself. Rollback the Thaumaturge CPs and see if the tooltip on Proxy Dets decreases.

If not, you should go heavy into Direct damage, elemental/magic damage and penetration. 60 or so CPs in each. Put 30 or so in Crit damage after which you get diminishing returns in PvP. The final 30 you can disperse.

Proxy is buffed by Master-at-arms :)
  • ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Viscous death works great on a Magsorc if your playing in a group.

You can throw a mages fury out into a group on anyone that gets low and then watch the two guys next to him die, drop some meteors and just stick close to the group, make your main focus just executes.