The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Stamina Nightblade or Magicka Nightblade

BretonAltmerNord
So what is better, stamblade or magblade.

Also please put the top 3 races for each.

Thanks.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's not what is better, it's what you are willing to learn more of.

Magic Nightblade makes you work for your kills, but surviving is much easier

Stamblade is super easy to get kill on, but surviving can be extremely challenging
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • BretonAltmerNord
    For a magblade is Dunmer a viable choice?
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It's the best choice.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love my Mageblade and can't play a Stamblade but my boyfriend is a Stamblade and doesn't like his Mageblade. :D So it depends on what you are wanting to do and your play style.

Mageblade Race:
    High Elf
    Dark Elf
    Breton

Stamblade Races:
    Wood Elf
    Khajiit
    Orc
    Imperial
    Redguard
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • QuebraRegra
      QuebraRegra
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Danksta wrote: »

It's the best choice.

why because VAMPIRE?
    • JobooAGS
      JobooAGS
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Danksta wrote: »

It's the best choice.

why because VAMPIRE?

No, fire staff damage is insane on a dark elf
    • technohic
      technohic
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I love my Mageblade and can't play a Stamblade but my boyfriend is a Stamblade and doesn't like his Mageblade. :D So it depends on what you are wanting to do and your play style.

Mageblade Race:
      Argonian
      High Elf
      Dark Elf
      Breton

Stamblade Races:
      Argonian
      Wood Elf
      Khajiit
      Orc
      Imperial
      Redguard

Fixed
    • Koolio
      Koolio
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Played a stamblade from launch till dark brotherhood.

Switch to magblade never thought of switching back. Almost can’t play a stamblade anymore because of it.

Almost all stamblade play the exactly same way.
      I know 3 magblade Fighters in my guild (not bombs) All of us play different builds with different styles( I’m the DW lol) and we all are even on duels.

I have a friend that the BEST non combat MNB in the game. His resurrection skills are absolutely on point everytime lol. He always has the right seige. Always gets away. Really essential to my squad.
    • lynog85
      lynog85
      ✭✭✭
      Koolio wrote: »

Switch to magblade never thought of switching back. Almost can’t play a stamblade anymore because of it.

I know 3 magblade Fighters in my guild (not bombs) All of us play different builds with different styles( I’m the DW lol) and we all are even on duels.

I have a friend that the BEST non combat MNB in the game. His resurrection skills are absolutely on point everytime lol. He always has the right seige. Always gets away. Really essential to my squad.

The best none combat magblade. Now thats a terrible title to have.
    • Koolio
      Koolio
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      lynog85 wrote: »

He does well on other classes. But he made the title lol. And he definitely lives up to it.

Everytime we need a camp he is already putting one down in the best spot. Perfect vantage point seige on larger battles. Kags resurrections. Scorching flare soul assault the body campers. He is actually extremely talented at is as well. Surprisingly it makes such a huge difference. If a teammate goes down we pull slightly away and before I can ask him to Rez someone it’s already done.
    • Lestorn
      Lestorn
      ✭✭✭
      Okay, for Stamina Night Blades, you'll want to focus on that quick kill. Drawn out solo fights are your bane. So your best races are Khajiit, for the bonus critical chance, as well as bonus health and stamina recovery, Redguard for max stamina and massive stamina recovery, and I'd say probably Wood Elf, again because of increased stamina and stamina recovery, also like Khajiit, they are good at sneaking up on ***. this helps launch deadly attacks. Adversly, tied for third would be Imperials, because you would have a larger health pool, and your melee attacks have a chance to heal you. Needless to say, they are great at surviving.

As for Magicka Nightblades, I haven't played one but I'd wager your best racial options are High Elf, and Bretons. Dunmer, are more about the fire damage, while you do get increased magicka and stamina, there are still better options in the Altmer and Bretons. Though adversly on that topic, if you desire to become a vampire, which the passives will help both stamina and magicka night blades through resource regeneration, and damage reduction once you hit a health threshold, the Dunmer is a great choice, because their innate fire resistence, ALMOST nullifies the penalty for having stage four vampirsm, which you'll want to hit.
    • TheRealPotoroo
      TheRealPotoroo
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Hollery wrote: »
      It's not what is better, it's what you are willing to learn more of.

Magic Nightblade makes you work for your kills, but surviving is much easier

Stamblade is super easy to get kill on, but surviving can be extremely challenging

That is so true. I'm currently building a Dunmer magblade along the lines of Alcast's Azure build and damn it's hard actually killing anything above 30k or 40k trash. My CP720 Khajiit stamblade DW just blitzes stuff even if he is a bit fragile.
      PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
    • Mayrael
      Mayrael
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      lynog85 wrote: »

He does well on other classes. But he made the title lol. And he definitely lives up to it.

Everytime we need a camp he is already putting one down in the best spot. Perfect vantage point seige on larger battles. Kags resurrections. Scorching flare soul assault the body campers. He is actually extremely talented at is as well. Surprisingly it makes such a huge difference. If a teammate goes down we pull slightly away and before I can ask him to Rez someone it’s already done.

And this is how you can differ outstanding player form good player. Outstanding one knows, that when it comes to team play kills are not always important and there is much things to do even when you are not killing anybody. Respect him because people like him are pretty rare.

EDIT:
      And when it goes to magblades... 5 x War Maiden, 5 x Caluurion Legacy, 1x Kena and killing people becomes pretty easy :) You need to be careful though when it comes to resource managment as you may have problems with sustain if you decide to stand your ground and shield your self, but you can always fleee since Shadow Image has been fixed ;)
      Edited by Mayrael on February 23, 2018 10:31AM
      Say no to Toxic Casuals!
      I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
    • Kuramas9tails
      Kuramas9tails
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      technohic wrote: »

Mageblade Race:
      Argonian
      High Elf
      Dark Elf
      Breton

Stamblade Races:
      Argonian
      Wood Elf
      Khajiit
      Orc
      Imperial
      Redguard

Fixed

Lol. You don't see Argonian mageblade or stamblade DPS in PVE. You are better suited to have passives that increase damage. PVP, sure.

Edit: Argnoian Sap Tanks are a thing
      Edited by Kuramas9tails on February 23, 2018 9:02PM
        Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
        New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
        AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
        AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
        FOR THE QUEEN!
        PS4/NA
      • nihirisutou
        nihirisutou
        ✭✭✭
        Aside from Sorcerer, which class abilities are lightning, the main mag dps form will be fire.

As Dunmer have the highest damage output in relation to fire, they'd be the most suitable for many mag builds now.

Either way the 6% Stam is nice for dodge rolling on a Mag Blade too.
        [PS4/EU]

PSN: Nihirisutou

CP: 650+

FOR THE DOMINION!!