The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Champion system

lukastef
lukastef
✭✭
So I have a question regarding champion system. I have my main character that has reached 157cp. I started another character and I could immideatly assign 157cp to him. I understand everything perfectly up to here. This is where I got confused, I was lvl49 on my newer character and as I reached lvl 50 i earned a little bit extra exp that pushed me to 5 champion lvl. I went to assign this new 5 cp and I could not and when I went to look my character lvl it said 157cp like my older character. My question is where are my 5cp that I earned and more importantly now I cant earn all those starting 157 cp and my characters wont have 2X157 cp. Is this a glitch or is this normal?
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Werent those 5 skill points maybe?

And yes, the cp are account wide. Always.
    Edited by Jitterbug on February 21, 2018 5:04PM
  • lukastef
    lukastef
    ✭✭
    No they werent 5 skill points. I know they are account wide but shouldnt they function in following way: for example I earn 50cp on one character then I lvl up 2nd character to lvl 50 and then I lvl him up to 50cp and now both of my characters have 100cp
  • boombazookajd
    boombazookajd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @lukastef

Are you on PC or console and NA or EU?
    Drathus Delenu- Dunmer magDk: Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Stormproof, Peak Scaler, Clockwork Confounder, Orderly, Master Wizard, Cloudrest Hero, Undaunted, Dragonstar Arena Champion
    Thoronir Rolston- Breton petsorc: Stormproof
    Zaakazha-Redguard stamblade: Boethia's Scythe, Clockwork Confounder, Maelstrom Arena Champion, Dragonstar Arena Champion

Scrubs:
    Justinius Maximus Decimus- Altmer magblade
    Agronak gro'Mashul- Orc DK Tank
    Valerya Hawkcroft- Breton healer
    Zaaka- Imperial stamDK/crafter

✭✭
    I m pc eu
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lukastef wrote: »
    No they werent 5 skill points. I know they are account wide but shouldnt they function in following way: for example I earn 50cp on one character then I lvl up 2nd character to lvl 50 and then I lvl him up to 50cp and now both of my characters have 100cp

When your second char dings 50 he can earn 51-100 just like all your other level 50 chars.
    All your characters always have access to all your cp.
  • boombazookajd
    boombazookajd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you give a screenshot of each of your characters, or the character in which you believe should have CP points? It seems like from what you are saying, you've leveled a new character in addition to your main who is CP 157.

So character A is CP 157.
    Character B was level 49, with 157 CP's allocated before hitting level 50.

If this is the case, I do not believe you will gain those first 5 CP's as they are only for the first instance of hitting level 50.

I could be wrong but from what I remember of hitting my second level 50 toon, I did not gain 5 CP's as he hit 50. He had the same amount of CP's allocated to my "main" toon.
    Drathus Delenu- Dunmer magDk: Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Stormproof, Peak Scaler, Clockwork Confounder, Orderly, Master Wizard, Cloudrest Hero, Undaunted, Dragonstar Arena Champion
    Zaakazha-Redguard stamblade: Boethia's Scythe, Clockwork Confounder, Maelstrom Arena Champion, Dragonstar Arena Champion

Scrubs:

✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The exp gain towards the next CP is account wide. So once you hit level 50, the extra exp you gained that would have put you to CP 5 went into the communal pot instead, and since the amount needed to go from CP 157 to CP 158 is larger, it probably wasn't enough to give you another CP. That's my guess - you kept the exp, but it wasn't enough to give you a champion point at your now higher CP level.

So the moment any character of mine hits Level 50, they jump straight to CP 720 with no option to gain their own CP from 0 to 720. They simply have it, because CP is account wide. (Or, if I already applied those CP during leveling, there's no difference other than them being able to equip CP 160 gear)
    Edited by VaranisArano on February 21, 2018 5:22PM
  • boombazookajd
    boombazookajd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried finding the exact math but here's an example

to go from CP 157 to 158, lets say you need 1,000,000 experience points

when you hit level 50, you are given a certain number of experience points that corresponds with 5 CP's. Let's say in this example, it was 500,000.

So if you were at 25% on your main between 157 and 158; 250,000 exp points, your new character would have entered into the CP system and been at the same level (250,000) and then received the 500,00 xp for level 50. That would put you at 750,000/1,000,000 xp points.

Edited by boombazookajd on February 21, 2018 5:33PM

Scrubs:

✭✭
    Can you give a screenshot of each of your characters, or the character in which you believe should have CP points? It seems like from what you are saying, you've leveled a new character in addition to your main who is CP 157.

So character A is CP 157.
    Character B was level 49, with 157 CP's allocated before hitting level 50.

If this is the case, I do not believe you will gain those first 5 CP's as they are only for the first instance of hitting level 50.

I could be wrong but from what I remember of hitting my second level 50 toon, I did not gain 5 CP's as he hit 50. He had the same amount of CP's allocated to my "main" toon.

Same happened to me but probbably when I hit lvl50 some kind of short glitch hapened that shortly gave animation as if I gained 5 cp. That confused me but evrything is normal now tnx for explaining now I Know that when I hit lvl 50 I get caught up with my max cp lvl character
  • boombazookajd
    boombazookajd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it gets a little weird when you hit 50. The good news is that you have two characters that will help you gain xp in CP system. You'll only have enlightenment on one character mind you, but it does help when you swap between them that you continue to advance in champions points.

Scrubs: