The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Heavy attacks not locking in

Sru
Sru
✭✭✭
Is anyone else experiencing issues with initiating heavy attacks. Especially on my sorc, I'll do the backbar AOE, swap, forcepulse then try a heavy attack. A fair bit of the time, the character will stand there like a dummy and no heavy attack will lock on despite a ball of mobs in the target area. I have to release mouse button, shift target very slightly and then try again.

Been like this for a few weeks but seems as bad now as prior to patch. Others in groups I am with report the same - even the tank.

It's almost like the target area is really small ... most odd. Never had problems like this in the past on any character.
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have had this happen. i stand there like stupid.

but one i have more often is where if i ani cancel my heavy attack i sometimes do 0 damage like i didnt even do it. i dont even get medium attack damage, its like i never wound it up at all. I think it happens when i click the skill a little to soon like right when its changing from medium attack to heavy attack. but its very annoying
    Edited by magictucktuck on February 21, 2018 4:27PM
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • Sawzallz
    Sawzallz
    ✭✭✭
    Happens rarely on PS4 it gets annoying sometimes
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have had this happen. i stand there like stupid.

but one i have more often is where if i ani cancel my heavy attack i sometimes do 0 damage like i didnt even do it. i dont even get medium attack damage, its like i never wound it up at all. I think it happens when i click the skill a little to soon like right when its changing from medium attack to heavy attack. but its very annoying
    Yup both sound very familair. I always felt like it was my mouse getting old, but now that it seems other people have it as well I finally realize it might just be the game. Mind=blown.

That second thing you speak of happens to me most often when I try to do a HA+Dawnbreaker combo. And indeed, it usually happens when I release the HA too soon.

• Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep had it on Xbox EU quite often last week or so.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They really need to adjust these animations if they want us to weave in such attacks. It is just clunky.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • commdt
    commdt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Happens a lot in a recent time, annoying as hell
    Rawr
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I often get this issue where i press + hold mouse for heavy attack and nothing happens. It shouldn't have anything to do with who you're targeting because light/heavy attack can be done without target.

Also sometimes I swing the heavy attack but it doesn't hit anything, even though I clearly have the monster targeted.

Both are really annoying bugs.
  • jarydf
    jarydf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes I have this happen. I put it down to not having the reticle on a valid hit box. I line up the ret so that it is red and registering it is on a target and go again.