The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

buff seige equipmant

wlb
wlb
✭✭
seige equipment in Cyrodill badly needs to be buffed - too often now players (zombies or gear-that-walks) can just stand there and take bolt after bolt from coldfire and carry on without serious damage - seige needs to keep up with and be balanced with the overpowered builds appearing these days

thank you

• Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    play non CP.
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wlb wrote: »
    seige equipment in Cyrodill badly needs to be buffed - too often now players (zombies or gear-that-walks) can just stand there and take bolt after bolt from coldfire and carry on without serious damage - seige needs to keep up with and be balanced with the overpowered builds appearing these days

thank you

Actually siege hits quite hard and while it may look like a group is super-human and just standing in it. It really is putting a massive strain on the healers and if you use the scattershot, it causes even more damage. We have wiped huge zerg balls with co-ordinated siege.

Leave it, it's fine as it is.

@Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • Karm1cOne
    Karm1cOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try to coordinate meatbag or scattershot with some lightning ballistas. The combo melts most groups.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Won't removal of Aoe caps make siege weapons better
  • Pink_Violinz
    Pink_Violinz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nermy wrote: »
    It really is putting a massive strain on the healers and if you use the scattershot, it causes even more damage. We have wiped huge zerg balls with co-ordinated siege.

Oh god yes. If it's a pug group, I have to decide whether to let them live and waste all of magic or watch them get into a loop of dying and reviving. If players are chilling out in oil, it either means they have a very angry healer in group or they are tanks.

If I'm not baby sitting them, siege will wreck anyone. It really doesn't need to be buffed.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I‘m totally for this. Think of the poor LMB and his feelings. His brother RMB had such a glorious past and present. It’s time for the LMB to shine too.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kikkehs wrote: »
    play non CP.

^^ This
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Won't removal of Aoe caps make siege weapons better

No because siege damage was already uncapped.
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Shawn_PT
    Shawn_PT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The average player that doesn't get heals spammed on them will die in two coldfire ticks, in no CP. Vampire NBs attenpting to cloak out of it will sizzle and fry almost instantly. Players will die just the same with the other regular fire ticks, and if several sieges are aimed at a group, you'll definitely see some deaths popping up. As for tightly packed groups running inside keeps just trolling up and down the stairs, I haven't really been to cyro since the patch so I can't comment whether the aoe cap removal has helped with that or not. It still disgusts me that having 4 oils pouring over a group wouldn't even dent anyone's health because of how tightly packed they kept themselves.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shawn_PT wrote: »
    The average player that doesn't get heals spammed on them will die in two coldfire ticks, in no CP. Vampire NBs attenpting to cloak out of it will sizzle and fry almost instantly. Players will die just the same with the other regular fire ticks, and if several sieges are aimed at a group, you'll definitely see some deaths popping up. As for tightly packed groups running inside keeps just trolling up and down the stairs, I haven't really been to cyro since the patch so I can't comment whether the aoe cap removal has helped with that or not. It still disgusts me that having 4 oils pouring over a group wouldn't even dent anyone's health because of how tightly packed they kept themselves.

Oils, like other siege weapons, never had an aoe cap. So if four oils are pouring and its not denting people's health, that group has fantastic healers.
  • Cage_Lizardman
    Cage_Lizardman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In medium armor on nocp I can survive one coldfire bolt if I'm quick with vigor, but if anything else hits me at the same time I'm probably dead. I would say no to buffing those.

There are still a lot of heavy armor builds running around though, and a good healer makes a huge difference. That's what you want to look at nerfing.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kikkehs wrote: »
    play non CP.
    Yes, had an insane fight in Sota Sil, AD was underdog and lost most of or keeps totally disorganized was not even possible to get into an decent pug group. DC and EP had more players but not more organized.

We entered an keep under attack to defend it, found that EP and DC had both attacked it and was now fighting inside the courtyard. We managed to defend the keep gate and enemy was to busy fighting to set up an effective siege and we did general bombardment.

EP won so the others AD ran away but they repaired the door in the ring wall before leaving so i got into an siege duel with them trying to break the door from inside, does that happens often. Tried to use oil then they broke down the keep door the they got in, khajiit packs down siege equipment, jump down from keep and sneaks away as keep changes :)
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Siege needs a buff, it is so frustrating to siege a zerg ball and not even dent their health.
    Healing and tanks are out of control anti personnel siege should hurt more.
    I am seeing siege damage numbers mitigated below 100.