Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Possible returning players, burning questions

Criterium
Criterium
Soul Shriven
Fellow gamers,

I was thinking of returning to the Elder Scrolls Online after a very long time of absence.
When the game came out I played the game and leveld to a 50 sorcerer.

I have only a few CP at the moment (40 I believe).

The reason why I quit, was because the game lacked PvP content, I don't like the zerg mentalilty of Alliance War.
Now Morrowind has introduced Battlegrounds and I'm quite interested in this concept.

My questions are the following:

If I buy Morrowind can I:

> Level my CP only trough Battlegrounds or do I need to do quests?
> Can I gear up (decently) only by doing Battlegrounds, if no, what is a good way to gear up (ps. I hate crafting)

Also, do you recommend me becoming an ESO+ member if my main goal is just to play battlegrounds?

Thanks for your advice in advance.

Kind regards,

Jesse
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can level your CP via battlegrounds but it's not going to be fast. The fastest way sadly is just killing lots of monsters (grinding) although the catch up mechanics should have you get to CP160 pretty fast.

Battlegrounds have no CP enabled (it was recently changed back after a short time being CP enabled) so you only need CP160 for gear level then you're set.

ESO+ probably wouldn't be as cost effective if you're only doing battlegrounds. They do release Dunegon DLC packs with new Battlegrounds maps in which ESO+ would give you access to, but if you're not using the additional content or perks you're likely better just buying the DLC outright.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Criterium
    Criterium
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks Turelus for your answer.
    Pretty much cleared up almost everything for me.

You refer to CP 160 for gear level, but once I reach CP 160, were and how do I obtain this gear?
    Can these be obtained via Battlegrounds?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Jesse
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gear is a big part of the game. Battlegrounds are tough...full of players who know their class and abilities. So working toward the best possible gear is going to be a big help for you.

A good resource is alcasthq.com. He has builds for every class. You’ll want to look at PvP over PvE, I think. He also always puts a BiS setup that might require a lot of grinding, then a setup that’s easier to acquire.
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you didn't like the pvp when you quit, you really won't like playing against 80% tanks in battlegrounds.