The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Anyone play on an Xbox One X?

Azyle1
Azyle1
✭✭✭✭✭
I have a slim and am wondering if the upgrade is worth it.

I do NOT have a 4K TV but plan to get one later in the year (Probably Black Friday). I am interested if the game has a better frame rate or more stable frame rate and if load times are better.

Anyone know? Would it be worth it? I have some credit I could use at a local Gamestop so with that and trading my slim in I'd likely only pay like $250 out of pocket.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't say that the frame rate is better, however I do notice that I do receive a lot less drastic drops in frame rate in trials and Cyrodiil. So i would say it helps mitigate some of the worst stuff. Yes it makes it more stable. It doesn't stop crashes however.

It did absolutely nothing for load-times for me. If you want fast load-times buy the smallest portable SSD you can find and throw ESO on there. Your load times will improve dramatically. Mine did. The standard hard drive on the One X is not much different at all from the other standard Xbox hard drives so you really won't see much decrease in load-time with just the One X. The game runs best when it is on an SSD and being played on the One X.
    Edited by Apache_Kid on February 21, 2018 3:19PM
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Never buy new console hardware for frame rate on this generation for this game specifically.
    2. I’m on the Xbox one x and still own the Xbox one s
    3. Your frame rate isn’t based on just the console, your TV or monitor and settings on the console and monitor have an impact
    4. I would not suggest buying only the Xbox one x if at the same time the opportunity doesn’t allow you to buy at least a 4K tv with 240Htz with or without HDR
    5. The frame rate is capped at 30 so you won’t notice it much and even in crowded areas or intense battles the FPS is going to drop because it’s CPU based not GPU based.
    6. There aren’t modes so to speak so it’s play as is unless I’m not seeing something.
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on February 21, 2018 3:23PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Azyle1
    Azyle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok then, anyone recommend me a good and not crazy expensive SSD to get for an Xbox One Slim?
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Azyle1 wrote: »
    Ok then, anyone recommend me a good and not crazy expensive SSD to get for an Xbox One Slim?

Not sure if it's the cheapest but this is the one I got. Was like 10 or 15 dollars off when i picked it up. You might be able to find one cheaper. Seems like 256gb is what you'll wana look for though.

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-T5-Portable-SSD-MU-PA500B/dp/B073H552FK/ref=sr_1_3_acs_twc_5a9e9f17-a5_1?s=pc&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;qid=1519227287&amp;sr=1-3-acs&amp;keywords=portable+SSD&amp;ascsubtag=5a9e9f17-a57d-424b-b26e-e98f3d18f200&amp;content_type=story&amp;tag=ospsearch-20&amp;widget_name=expert_recommendation&amp;content_id=5a9e9f17-a57d-424b-b26e-e98f3d18f200&amp;ingress=search&amp;content_provider=osp&amp;dpID=318I0KrjRKL&amp;preST=_SX300_QL70_&amp;dpSrc=srch&amp;th=1

Edit: Looks like it's on sale right now :open_mouth:
    Edited by Apache_Kid on February 21, 2018 3:36PM
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s going to address load times primarily.

Help us understand your situation

What make and model TV do you have?

What other devices are involved in your set up?

Any HDMI pass through occurring?
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't buy a TV on Black Friday! TV manufacturers (even the big ones like Samsung, LG, and Sony) make Tv's specifically for Black Friday made with cheaper parts.
  • Azyle1
    Azyle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I just have a 42 Samsung LED TV. I just have the Xbox connecting directly to the TV. Nothing fancy, nothing crazy going on. It's an Xbox One S.
  • Azyle1
    Azyle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't buy a TV on Black Friday! TV manufacturers (even the big ones like Samsung, LG, and Sony) make Tv's specifically for Black Friday made with cheaper parts.

Cool, thanks for the heads up.
  • VonNelson
    VonNelson
    ✭✭✭
    Looks well better on new Xbox and I now appreciate wrothgar!
  • xbobx
    xbobx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TVs are cheap now but all the new lines will be coming out in the next month and they are always overpriced by about 30 percent.

if you wait you will lose.
  • madchuska83
    madchuska83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless you just want better performance I'd wait until you upgrade your TV. 4K, HDR, improved textures, performance, and a drastic improvement in draw distance(most noticeable upgrade).
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I just have a 42 Samsung LED TV. I just have the Xbox connecting directly to the TV. Nothing fancy, nothing crazy going on. It's an Xbox One S.

If it’s this - http://www.samsung.com/sa_en/consumer/tv-av/tv/full-hd/UA42EH5000RXUM

Are you using Gamemode or another mode?
    Thie specifics matter cause your question is better answered if we know the exact model or settings.

Could be a simple tweak and no need to upgrade but I don’t think this has 240 Htz so the frame rate of the Xbox one x question....Is say don’t worry about the console if the main focus is FPS and load speed.
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on February 21, 2018 4:40PM
  • Azyle1
    Azyle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If it’s this - http://www.samsung.com/sa_en/consumer/tv-av/tv/full-hd/UA42EH5000RXUM

Are you using Gamemode or another mode?
    Thie specifics matter cause your question is better answered if we know the exact model or settings.

Could be a simple tweak and no need to upgrade but I don’t think this has 240 Htz so the frame rate of the Xbox one x question....Is say don’t worry about the console if the main focus is FPS and load speed.

At this point I'll have to check. I honestly cannot remember the model. I will check after work.

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can’t put a definite reason on it, maybe it’s the placebo effect, but I regularly swap between and X and S when playing ESO and the X just FEELS like things run more smoothly.

I’m not privvy to the technical reasons this would occur so it is indeed possible it’s just the placebo effect
  • Azyle1
    Azyle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I see a lot of people saying a 4K TV may not be a bad investment. Anyone know of one that won't break the bank? I do not need a super large one since I do not have a huge place. I am willing to buy from any store I can physically walk into (Walmart, Target, Best Buy, whatever)
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have noticed a bit of an improvement & quicker load times since switching to a One X.

Can't comment on the graphics too much since I don't have a 4k display but textures seem to load in quicker also.

*Same with other games, especially PUBG!*
    Edited by Sparr0w on February 22, 2018 2:28PM
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB