The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Power extraction or Sap essence

lukastef
lukastef
✭✭
Hello
I Am wondering which morph should I take. I am stamina nightblade and I find drain power extremly useful because of its major brutality effect. I am well aware that power extraction uses stamina so it should be better for my build but it doesnt provide healing which I find extremly useful. For example if I go in public dungeon solo and there are bunch of mobs there I always die ( I am using decent skill build and im only lvl 49 so I dont have some good gear) but with sap essence I wouldnt die at all. My damage would be slightly lower but even with power extraction I cannot kill big mobs fast enough before I die so I was wondering if someone could help.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steel tornado
  • lukastef
    lukastef
    ✭✭
    I have steel tornado but I use both because drain power skill gives me increase in weapon damage so it makes steel tornado stronger
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are stamina then the stamina based morphs are the one that would best suit your build. In this case it would be power extraction. It will work better with a normal stam CP build as well as scale off of your stam/weapon damage.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'll want power extraction for stamina, but note that the major brutality it provides can be gained from other abilities as well - if you use a two hander, rally will give you major brutality. If you use dual wield, shrouded daggers gives major brutality. In trials, most dps prefer to drop abilities for this and use potions for major brutality to allow slotting other abilities.

Sap essence is really only for magblades/healers.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    You'll want power extraction for stamina, but note that the major brutality it provides can be gained from other abilities as well - if you use a two hander, rally will give you major brutality. If you use dual wield, shrouded daggers gives major brutality. In trials, most dps prefer to drop abilities for this and use potions for major brutality to allow slotting other abilities.

Sap essence is really only for magblades/healers.

Power Extraction is a great skill for stamblades in content that doesn't call for Weapon Power potions. I always slot it in dungeons so that I can use trash pots.

It is much better than Shrouded Daggers because it is a true AoE. Steel Tornado does more damage but then of course you've got to use potions.

OP, my setup for dungeon-like content looks like:

DW: Killer's Blade, Power Extraction, Deadly Cloak, Surprise Attack, Relentless Focus.

Bow: Endless Hail, Razor Caltrops, Rearming Trap, Poison Injection, Resolving Vigor.

As long as you keep Deadly Cloak up, hit Surprise Attack occasionally to proc Shadow Barrier, and keep your Vigor up, you should be able to survive big groups of mobs.