The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

AlphaGear Addon Now Offers Outfit Swap

ADarklore
ADarklore
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
For those on PC looking for an addon that allows you to swap gear/loadouts along with your new Outfits, AlphaGear now offers that option. Just be sure to set your outfit for each individual gear set, as each set defaults to 'no outfit' and will make your outfit disappear.

Thanks to the addon author Mesota for giving us this option as it wasn't fun having to manually switch each outfit whenever I swapped to a specific gear set; I like to have different outfits for different content and this now makes it a lot easier and having Outfits more fun.
CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never used Alpha Gear. Is that substantially faster than going to Collections->Outfit Tab and choosing the desired outfit from the drop down menu?
  • Tanis-Stormbinder
    Tanis-Stormbinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been using this addon for a while now, love it.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never used Alpha Gear. Is that substantially faster than going to Collections->Outfit Tab and choosing the desired outfit from the drop down menu?

Absolutely, you can KEYBIND each set... and great for swapping gear, weapons, skills, too.
    Edited by ADarklore on February 21, 2018 2:43PM
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alpha gear is literally indispensable once you start using it. Support/ dps/ PVP for five toons all have full gear and skill setups mapped to double tapping the appropriate directional pad on a controller (Steam overlay).
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried AlphaGear and had some performance problems with it on my computer.
    I currently use GearChanger and SkillChanger addons by Lakoni. There's a key bind that will connect the two so that gear/skills switch at the same time.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juju_beans wrote: »
    I currently use GearChanger and SkillChanger addons by Lakoni. There's a key bind that will connect the two so that gear/skills switch at the same time.

But do they offer OUTFIT changes as well? When was the last time you tried AlphaGear? It's gone through quite a few changes and improvements.
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »

But do they offer OUTFIT changes as well? When was the last time you tried AlphaGear? It's gone through quite a few changes and improvements.

No, it's just a gear/skill changer.

I'll give AlphaGear another try though based on your comments above.

• ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »

No, it's just a gear/skill changer.

I'll give AlphaGear another try though based on your comments above.

Hopefully it works better for you this time, and if you have problems, please go to the addon website and post a comment letting the addon author know, perhaps it's something they can resolve if they are made aware.