The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Seducer Set

TimeDazzler
TimeDazzler
✭✭✭✭✭
I was wondering what would be better for a magDK sustain set, seducer or shacklebreaker?

I'm running 10 magicka abilities on my bar, and calculated that the average reduce cost I'm getting is 172.56 Magicka per ability with Seducer. A single jewelry glyph of reduced cost gives me 203 magicka cost reduced per ability. This doesn't seem right, have I calculated something wrong? My average magicka ability cost came to 2157 magicka (with seducer off) * .08 (if seducer was on) = 172.7. Why on Earth would anyone run this set if the 5-piece is worse than a single jewelry glyph, I feel as if I've made a big mistake golding Seducer...?
PC NA
Characters:
Tımë Ðâzzlër - Stamina Warden - AD
Tımë Ðâzzłër - Magicka Nightblade - AD
Tımë Ðâzzłêr - Stamina Templar - AD
Sugar Deady - Magicka Necromancer - AD
Sprint v X - Stamina Sorcerer - EP
Tımë Ðâzzlër Ðk - Stamina Dragonknight - EP
Time Dazzler - Magicka Warden - DC
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the 8% is additive with other % cost reduction bonuses. If you are wearing 7 light armor you already have 14% cost reduction, seducer would increase this to 22%. My point here is that it is not reducing skills by 8% of their current cost, it is reducing them by 8% of their base cost, which is slightly better.

Taking an extreme example of this, a sorcerer (5% cost reduction) Breton (3%), wearing 5 alteration mastery (6%), in 7 light armor (14%) with a Worm healer (4%) has 32% cost reduction. They only spend 68% of a spell cost, and adding Seducer this changes to 60%. 60/68 = 88% so Seducer in this case effectively reduces spell cost by 12%. This was even better when there was a champion point star that also had spell cost reduction and light armor reduced it more. IIRC it was possible to get to over 60% cost reduction.

Now cost reduction jewelry works the opposite way. It's effects are diminished by % cost reductions. Again assuming 7 light armor, you have 14% cost reduction. The glyph does not give 203, it gives 86% of 203 or 174 cost reduction to all Magicka skills.

For comparison Seducer should reduce the cost of whip by 194, embers by 108, engulfing flames by 216, harness Magicka by 367, chains by 302, talons by 324, coagulating by 345. So Seducer is clearly better for expensive skills (often defense based) while glyphs are better for cheap skills (usually offensive for DK).

I have come to your same conclusion for MagDK, cost reduction jewelry outperforms Seducer set. On builds with more sources of cost reduction or more expensive skills (Daedric tomb) Seducer can be the better option.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm having magicka sustain issues on my dk tank as well and was looking at replacing torugs pact with seducer, not sure though.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    I'm having magicka sustain issues on my dk tank as well and was looking at replacing torugs pact with seducer, not sure though.

Switch tp for dragonguard. There is a magic regen and you get your ulti sooner, which means more resources.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to compare Seducer to other sustain sets in game with real tool tips. On my Magicka Sorc, Seducer's cost reduction is just shy of what TWO jewelry enchants reduce on my most frequently spammed spells like Hardened Ward.

I've played with both Seducer and Shacklebreaker, and Seducer is much better and more flexible.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In PvP, Alteration Mastery, always. Sure, it's 5%, but during testing it applied to almost everything (including block).
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run heavy Seducer on my MagDK in PVP. I think the Seducer stats make up for running heavy armor. I'd probably keep Seducer on a light armor MagDK as well because the cost reduction is extremely helpful for the high cost skills of a DK.
  • TimeDazzler
    TimeDazzler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In PvP, Alteration Mastery, always. Sure, it's 5%, but during testing it applied to almost everything (including block).

The problem with this set is you reduce your ult cost as well and get less resource return from your passive. In most fights I don't need the cheaper ult since im saving my ult for a skoria proc or for a group to bunch up, etc. Could be better in 1 v 1's though.
    PC NA
    Characters:
    Tımë Ðâzzlër - Stamina Warden - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłër - Magicka Nightblade - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłêr - Stamina Templar - AD
    Sugar Deady - Magicka Necromancer - AD
    Sprint v X - Stamina Sorcerer - EP
    Tımë Ðâzzlër Ðk - Stamina Dragonknight - EP
    Time Dazzler - Magicka Warden - DC
  • CaliMade
    CaliMade
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cries wrote: »

The problem with this set is you reduce your ult cost as well and get less resource return from your passive. In most fights I don't need the cheaper ult since im saving my ult for a skoria proc or for a group to bunch up, etc. Could be better in 1 v 1's though.

This true? Ive heard the opposite.
    XB1 GT- Cali Made

Praetorian Stam DK Redguard

Brigadier Stam/magblade (whatever i feel like running) Redguard

Major Mag DK Dark Elf

lieutenant Mag/stamplar (whatever i feel like running) Redguard
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    CaliMade wrote: »

In all my testing resource return is scaled on base cost. So no I don't think it is true.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    CaliMade wrote: »

100% inaccurate. You get the same resources as before the cost was reduced.
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The real question here should be:
    Alteration mastery or amberplasm
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    omg, my first reaction: gosh, now we have it, a NERF-seducer-NOW-thread^^
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    The real question here should be:
    Alteration mastery or amberplasm

Alteration because dk forced to block. And while cost of block reduced by 6% by alteration, amberplasm 5pc stamina restore wont work coz stamina regen zero.